As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everything [Battlefield] - Rumor: BF5 Set In (Alternate Reality?) World War I

19596979899101»

• Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    How's it looking on PC so far? I kinda gave up on it during late December as the game occasionally crashed and layout for certain maps needed serious tweaking.

Might come back for the French faction, but I'm a tad skeptical of PC as it stands.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Prisca wrote: »
    How's it looking on PC so far? I kinda gave up on it during late December as the game occasionally crashed and layout for certain maps needed serious tweaking.

Might come back for the French faction, but I'm a tad skeptical of PC as it stands.

Peak population for the past 24-hours is about 21% of the console crowd (PS4 + XB1 pops combined), according to BF1stats.com (which translates to a peak population of around 48,296)

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Patches over the last few months have tweaked a few maps, weapons, and made the game more stable. I no longer have issues with the game not responding after quitting matches when they've ended. Support's gun were tweaked so the accuracy ramps up the longer you fire, and motors were tweaked a few months ago. Playing during the evenings I never wait more than 10-15 seconds to find a Conquest game, but matches can often be lopsided. It's not very often a match is closely won or lost by less than 100 points, most are wins or losses by the 200-400 range.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    there are plenty of people playing on PC. Always servers to play on, there will be even more coming back this week with the new content being released.

253J736.png
  • Options
    Sounds good. I'll give it another go.
    How about those who use exploits or hacks in the game? Like blatantly obvious cheating. Is it rampant at all?

• Options
    Prisca wrote: »
    Sounds good. I'll give it another go.
    How about those who use exploits or hacks in the game? Like blatantly obvious cheating. Is it rampant at all?

I'm my 300'ish games I've only encountered two players, both in the same game, that were obviously hacking. Flying through the air invisibly and invulnerable to all attacks. In game hack detection and banning seems to take care of hacking players pretty quickly.

• Options
    Excellent. I'll be sure to gave the game another go this week.
    Is there a PA community for PC BF1? Most of the people I've played with gave it up for Siege.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    is today patch day?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Yes, patch and DLC are live.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm curious about the assignment rewards thing, do you need to do both of the things mentioned (like get 15 kills with a weapon in a round and 10 kills with a mortar in a round) in the same turn, or is there some other reason it doesn't seem to be updating?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I'm curious about the assignment rewards thing, do you need to do both of the things mentioned (like get 15 kills with a weapon in a round and 10 kills with a mortar in a round) in the same turn, or is there some other reason it doesn't seem to be updating?

AFAIK you can do them seperately, and progress carries over between rounds.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Maybe there's a problem with updating them then, I know I got one of the LMG ones two rounds in a row and it didn't show it as being completed.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    It depends on how it's listed. If it's two bullet points you can do it in one round (and the first bullet point needs to be completed before you can get credit for the second), otherwise it has to be the same round.

• Options
    One of the lmg assignments requires all of the kills with the gun to be done in one round. Other than that, the other parts can be done spread out (for the support class).

253J736.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Well the new Frontlines mode certainly is a thing. Matches will either be 20-30 minutes or literally hours. I guess it's fun but it feels like there are some balance issues and there needs to be an overall maximum time limit. I have no interest in slogging through another 90 minute match for the same amount of points I'd get in a 30 minute match of Conquest.

I'm a medic main so I cant comment on the other new guns, but the new medic guns feels great, hits really hard, has minimal recoil, but for me the the magazine is too small. My go to is the M1907 Sweeper because I like to play very aggressively, but the new gun will be good to use if I want to play a more mid-to-back line style.

Cormac on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Played the fort one, 150-1000 loss in conquest. The starting area can be completely closed off if the team rushes

Once one side pushes you out there's just no getting back in it's impossible

that was just unbelievable. I've been playing since launch on Xbox one and never had a loss like that

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Yep I hate this fort map. I'm ok with non vehicle maps, they are my least favourite type but the forest one was fine, but this is just the worst, it's meatro all over again

And of course for some reason people love it so everyone always votes to play it

I feel like the framerate is much worse on Xbox on these new maps which Is bad

Prohass on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    MEATROOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!1!1!11!

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    WolveSight wrote: »
    One of the lmg assignments requires all of the kills with the gun to be done in one round. Other than that, the other parts can be done spread out (for the support class).

frontlines is your friends for the in one round ones. It only lasts like 2 hours a match

we need a new thread before the mods come down off the mountain with lightening and wrath.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Did they nerf movement for the attack plane? Or is my controller acting up? It's incredibly sluggish now.

• Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Did they nerf movement for the attack plane? Or is my controller acting up? It's incredibly sluggish now.

Nope, it flies about the same. Everyone tends to fly the fighters now, so you may be seeing a comparative difference. Unless you have a dedicated gunner, the attack plane is at a later disadvantage.

253J736.png
  • Options
    Just played a conquest match on Verdun Heights and I'll second that it's terribly imbalanced. Once a team controls point C they can very easily stop the other team from ever advancing past their spawn point. We lost the match 726-1000 so it wasn't a total blow out, but it was just incredibly unfun to play. It's going to be an instant quit for me until something about it is changed.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well, the new UI update for BF4 launched yesterday, and after giving it a whirl, I think I can safely say that it is objectively worse than using Battlelog (at least, in terms of the server browser). Maybe I'm alone in this one, but if I'm looking for a server to join, I tend to watch the ticket spread for a minute before joining (or even just a spot-check to make sure you're not joining a match that's 750 - 100 or so). Now, with the UI change, BF4's server browser looks identical to BF1's...so details like Commander slots occupied and the current state of the game (tickets remaining, time the match has been going on, etc...) are gone.

Now I'm kinda glad I stuck with Hardline and also decided to go back and fire up the ol' BF3.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Lord save me from the factory Automatico....

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Bought premium finally.

Like 3 of the 4 new maps. The one where everything is on fire didn't do much for me. Like the fort map and i'm not a Metro/Locker fan. More open than I expected.

The other two are pretty to look at and I like them a lot but Soissons is my favorite.

Still kind of amazed how well the game runs on the xb1 and how nice it looks

Edit-does anyone who will update an op wanna make the new thread? I can do it but my level of involvement in that part would be minimal

Edit 2- new thread up

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Do you feel like they're lower framerate maps? Something about them feels tougher to aim for me on Xbox one than the original maps

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    dunno if there's a new thread but this is all I could find! and I don't have time to make a new OP right now so whatever.

have any of you played around with new DLC guns? I only really care about Assault and Support Guns. I never play Scout and can't justify that medic gun's stats.

The assault shotgun looks like it could be great, and the SMG looks like some sort of midline between mp18 and automatica.

No idea about the support gun though.

Thoughts?

The new maps and operations are all top notch, btw.

Are you the magic man?