As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The very hungry [chat]erpillar

ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito!Registered User regular
Caterpillars are the larvae of moths and butterflies

Graphic_Organizer.png

They are very very hungry, and will eat many things in their quest to fatten up and become ~~~~pretty butterflies~~~

il_570xn_423827047_7v9l.jpg

Most of the time they eat fruits and vegetables!

But sometimes, they eat....meat
Eupithecia orichloris is a species of moth that is native to Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Lanai and Hawaii.

It is known for having its larval form as a caterpillar which is insectivorous. The caterpillar has two abdominal appendages which serve as triggers to initiate a backward motion by which it grasps prey insects using spiny pair of forelegs.

118328.jpg

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    @desc psst ive got the goods tfq0XH4.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    my chat backup OP:
    South by Southwest (SXSW) is a music festival that draws bands from all over the world to the Live Music Capital of said world for a week of mainlining incredible music all over the city.

Since its inception, it has spawned a film, an education, and an "interactive" week of shows that has transformed into a social-media and internet-startup lovefest.

This year's music keynote speech is being delivered on March 20th in Ballroom A of the convention center. The keynote speaker is the one, the only

snoop-400w.jpeg

ess en double-oh pee, dee oh double-gee

http://sxsw.com/music

This shit is off the hook, dogg.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    So, one of these days I'll wind up making a chat.

How do you get the orange tag?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    okay butts im gonna go eat lunch bcuz im the hungriest caterpillar

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh, Arch making a bug-themed OP.

How unexpectedinated.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I was gonna go

May You Live In Interesting [Chat]s

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    IS THAT SHEHULK

sig.gif
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Also we have the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art on campus!!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    A wise man once said that caterpillars start out wrinkled and hairy but become beautiful, whereas we humans start cute and then become wrinkled and hairy.

maek

u

think

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    @desc psst ive got the goods tfq0XH4.jpg

She looks so righteously annoyed at having a creeper take her picture on the subway. She's perfect.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    @organichu when I get back from this trip we will hots

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I took my dog out so he could relieve himself in the front yard before I went for a jog. But he planted his feet on the way back through the front door, which reminded me: right, he is a dog; dogs love jogging. So we jogged a few miles together.

kedinik on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Snoop dogg must have a portrait in his attic that's slowly growing hideous

Bro is 43 and still has perfect skin

MrMister on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Snoop dogg must have a portrait in his attic that's slowly growing hideous

Bro is 43 and still has perfect skin

IS WEED THE MIRACLE DRUG THAT KEEPS YOU ETERNALLY YOUNG?

CHECK OUT 420 WEIRD TRICKS BIG PHARMA DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I took my dog out so he could relieve himself in the front yard before I went for a jog. But he planted his feet on the way back through the front door, which reminded me: right, he is a dog; dogs love jogging. So we jogged a few miles together.

Buddy jogging with doge is the best.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I didn't get to eat any of the cavolo nero I planted last year because of caterpillars

I could in theory have done something about them but I didn't have the heart

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my dad made tempura

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    i know its not pizza but its fried so i hope you forgive scheck

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Arch I have had the same thing re: meat

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I didn't get to eat any of the cavolo nero I planted last year because of caterpillars

I could in theory have done something about them but I didn't have the heart
    And you can't very well call Captain Planet with just Earth, Fire, Wind and Water

• Options
    also i finally found the great song that plays during the climatic fight in mardock scramble & its gr8 always anime

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Arch I have had the same thing re: meat

You sometimes initiate a backward motion to grasp and eat prey insects with spiny forelegs?

What hath science wrought.

kedinik on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

You sometimes initiate a backward motion to grasp and eat prey insects with spiny forelegs?

Hey my forelegs are appropriate and attractive!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

Are you familiar with crayfish?

This is, like, their thing.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I forgot how much I liked picaresque. Really solid album!. Probably haven't listened to it straight through in years

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Hey my forelegs are appropriate and attractive!

Yeah they are

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I played Skylines all day.

I am a weak person who cares not about city management but instead city building. Turned on infinite money. My city so far was up to 35k. Then I accidentally poisoned people's drinking water so it is 28k and growing now.

Now I am eating asparagus, canned yams and a rib eye. I am living the good life.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    Surprising completely no one, the Church of Scientology is suing HBO and director David Gibney for airing the documentary, Going Clear, which tells the story of several former church members' harassment and financial ruin at the hands of the very secretive organization.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Surprising completely no one, the Church of Scientology is suing HBO and director David Gibney for airing the documentary, Going Clear, which tells the story of several former church members' harassment and financial ruin at the hands of the very secretive organization.

That's dumb. HBO has tons of money and lawyers. The only reason the CoS gets away with their legal bullying is because they are typically picking on people who can't defend themselves.

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    Egyptian hipsters

Egypsters.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

That's dumb. HBO has tons of money and lawyers. The only reason the CoS gets away with their legal bullying is because they are typically picking on people who can't defend themselves.

I really wish the justice department would take them down hard.

The easy treatment they get despite their long history of abuse and malfeasance is baffling.

• Options
    WmxWYZ4.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Tried to play an xcom base defence without any of the blueshirt base security guys dying

Realised that this basically means they end up huddling together in an out of the way corner all mission

Which is probably pretty true to life, come to think of it

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Winky wrote: »
    It's page 108

Where are my animes?
    Echo wrote: »
    Geth, recycle the thread.

I am glad we can rely on @Echo to step up and take charge in a perilous situation

This discussion has been closed.