As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mutant [Chat] Zero

19495969798100»

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »

AAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Cats twist in four dimensions. Get used to it.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    tis why cats > doges

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Wash wrote: »
    I think I'm close to done giving Batman comics a chance.

Love him in movies and cartoons, but his comics are kinda balls.

Self contained stories or short arcs make the best Batman stories. As an (or three) ongoing it's pretty convoluted.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Self contained stories or short arcs make the best Batman stories. As an (or three) ongoing it's pretty convoluted.

Can you name some?

Because I've read: The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, Hush, Heart of Hush, and The Dark Knight Returns. Plus I had some singles from back in the Azrael days, as well as some randoms. Feel like I've given him more than a fair shot.

Wasn't impressed. The artwork in Arkham Asylum was pretty great, though.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @Wash

Batman has some incredible comics. Give The Long Halloween a shot.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    thank you for telling me to kill my cat casual

It is funny because Casual is a dog, you see?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The problem with Batman comics is comics.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hmm. I'm being left unsupervised while French girl is off getting drunk and shouting at the rugby.

I think I'll make the most of this time by getting some lemoncello on the go. And then maybe doing some computer games

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Ugh

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Geth is Gethy

• Options
    At an Italian restaurant a chef guy came out and started giving us lemoncello because he'd just gotten back from Italy where the secret masters had taught him the secret to making lemoncello.

I didn't have any, but I cracked the secret recipe nonetheless - lift+metho, boom.

• Options
    Seriously serious

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Can you name some?

Because I've read: The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum, Hush, Heart of Hush, and The Dark Knight Returns. Plus I had some singles from back in the Azrael days, as well as some randoms. Feel like I've given him more than a fair shot.

Wasn't impressed. The artwork in Arkham Asylum was pretty great, though.

Well... seems like I can't help you.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    My favorite Batman stuff was the Morrison Batman and Robin run.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    All of those Batman stories had moments that were great, but they were just moments within larger stories I didn't think much of.

The first chapter of TDKR with Two-Face was great. The epilogue in The Killing Joke was great.

I'll probably give The Long Halloween a shot anyway, @Vanguard

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    At an Italian restaurant a chef guy came out and started giving us lemoncello because he'd just gotten back from Italy where the secret masters had taught him the secret to making lemoncello.

I didn't have any, but I cracked the secret recipe nonetheless - lift+metho, boom.

Put lemons in vodka

Wait a month

Remove lemons

Add sugar

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I just got my first hi5 from babby!

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Ugh I found The Long Halloween pretty but silly. It was very Loeb-like. Lots of threads that kind of drift to nowhere.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Batman black and white

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Have you taught him how to make a proper sidecar yet?

• Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHkcnEJjmE

This video is incredible.

It uses the movie After Earth to debunk mainstream science.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

Have you taught him how to make a proper sidecar yet?

Soon.
    That is basically how I will teach him to lemonade FYI CPS

• Options
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    this dungeon i am working on for torchbearer is quite large

i have 7 more rooms to finish for this 1/3 of the first level

so ~45 main areas to explore on this level, plus all of the connecting tunnels

so ~90 overall

on this level

Vanguard on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Hush is a very overrated Batman comic

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    my sister has too many things and I just carried a lot of them down the stairs

moving is butts

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »

moving is butts

Maybe you have too many sisters

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Oh god, someone in the archer thread linked Aisha Tyler on tabletop playing cards against humanity.

https://youtu.be/QCEqUn7If44

It is actually kind of fantastic.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »

moving is butts

Maybe you have too many sisters

no

• Options
    Dragon Age is really hitting all the socially progressive notes here.

Some of it is a bit trite.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Hush is a very overrated Batman comic

The concept is solid, but it is really poorly written and executed, and the ending felt forced.

Heart of Hush provides some really important characterization for Hush that makes sense of why he does what he does, and if I hadn't read that first his motives would have seemed really dumb.

There are a lot of cringeworthy moments, and most of the cast come off as walking archetypes.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I don't understand why i'm so tired all the time.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    'tis vidya that is self-consciously so, to an extent, not game of thrones

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I can't get the motivation up to replay the hinterlands in my glitched DA:I game. So DA:I will just be the hinterlands forever for me, I guess. Which doesn't help my opinion of modern Bioware one bit.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Dragon Age is really hitting all the socially progressive notes here.

Some of it is a bit trite.

More like Dave Gayder. Amirite?

• Options
    I don't understand why i'm so tired all the time.

It's probably a parasite.

• Options
    Maybe I will just get the Razer blade. I don't know.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was careening by at warp 3.2

@override367 will create the new thread
    @21stCentury is backup

This discussion has been closed.