As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Trevor Story tied the rookie record for home runs by this point in the season. Kid is good.

So yankee by the all star break? Or do you think red sock?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Trevor Story tied the rookie record for home runs by this point in the season. Kid is good.

Too bad he's on the Rockies. The NL West as a whole is really sucking right now but Story on a better team would put them over the top.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Eh it's april, I mean last year the rangers had a terrible april and then they turned it on and dominated.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    And like I said that third game in a sweep eludes the m's.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hey. At least for one day this season I got what I asked for. Shoemaker got optioned to AAA and the Angels put up 15 hits today to avoid the sweep with a 9-6 win over the Rangers.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Story has walked into some homers but his 40% K rate does not bode well for any sort of batting average. He could be hitting .200 before long

And I say this as a guy who drafted him in fantasy and would very much like that to not happen

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I'd say he's probably a .240-.250/20-25 homer guy, which is very good for a SS. Dunno about his defense since I haven't watched him

But I mean I'm not saying anything anyone doesn't already know when i say he isn't gonna hit 60 homers this year

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I'd say he's probably a .240-.250/20-25 homer guy, which is very good for a SS. Dunno about his defense since I haven't watched him

But I mean I'm not saying anything anyone doesn't already know when i say he isn't gonna hit 60 homers this year

No I figure he will be about a 25-30 home run guy. He does play at Coors so a 20-25 home run guy anywhere else.

Defense wise though he is pretty good. On the line of bad to Ozzie Smith he is somewhere in the middle to upper middle.

He is no Arenado. That man is still one of the best third basemen I have ever seen.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Curt Schilling is so Toxic not even Fox Sports would pick him up

Man that's pretty bad when they took Herd like no issue.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    holy shit they edited Schilling out of Four Days in October ahahahahaha

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Wow.

Like... wow

• Options
    Wow.

Like... wow

I know I was shocked too the M's had a 1 run lead and still won!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sandoval's weight/shoulder problem is apparently going to keep him out all year. I just want to thank boston for this gift.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sandoval's weight/shoulder problem is apparently going to keep him out all year. I just want to thank boston for this gift.

we don't miss him. thanks travis shaw!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Cubs run differential is +89. That is the best run differential through 27 games since the 1905 Giants.

• Options
    Justin Smoak tied the game in the 9th and won it in the 10th something no one ever said when he was a mariner.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Justin Smoak tied the game in the 9th and won it in the 10th something no one ever said when he was a mariner.
    I swear there's something in the water in Seattle

Guys who were great elsewhere show up and start to suck

Guys who suck as M's leave and suddenly they're hall of famers

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Eh not really for Smoak, he's got a terrible batting average and tonight was his first homers all season. He's only playing because their real first baseman was popped for steroids.

Saunders was similar, he's also on the blue jays and spent the first part of last year hurt in a freak accident and then non existent since then.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    aren't the mariners over .500?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    aren't the mariners over .500?

Yes, for now, They've also won 5 series straight. But true fans know this is just the rise of the roller coaster before we crash back down.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Part of it was our previous gm who literally had no clue what he was doing. He lied on his resume about his analytics. But now we have a new hitting coach and new pitching coach and new gm and so things might turn around.

Part of it is that the stadium is very unfriendly to hitters

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I've never bought the argument about Safeco being bad for hitters other teams never seem to struggle for hits there.

Also and it's still early, but its nice for the mariners to turn someone around from another team with Leonys coming off a rough year last year and this year he's doing a lot better.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I've never bought the argument about Safeco being bad for hitters other teams never seem to struggle for hits there.

Also and it's still early, but its nice for the mariners to turn someone around from another team with Leonys coming off a rough year last year and this year he's doing a lot better.

Well other teams seem to do well there because we have sucked so much. It doesn't help that zdekichekckek built the team away from the stadium*. But they do worse than they do in other stadiums.

Safeco is one of the hardest in the league to hit HRs, singles, and doubles. (Ironically not as relatively hard to hit triples, which might be due to our shitty outfield defense of recent years)

*we have a massive outfield and for the past 8+ years we have put below replacement level defense there negating the advantage of having a big outfield. Ideally of we are going to skimp on defense we should do it in the infield but generally we should not be at all.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Honestly Dipoto so far seems to have taken the shit he was given and turned it around, then again Cano is feeling better as well and the bullpen isn't giving away games.

Hell the rainiers are doing better this year as well, almost as an example of the improved organization top to bottom.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    How do you allow 14 runs in 5 innings to the Astros?

• Options
    Astros are struggling this year but its pretty much the same team it was last year. I just hope this is a one off because the ms come to town next...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    How do you allow 14 runs in 5 innings to the Astros?

Team is depressed about the fallout from the Indiana Primary?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If the Mariners fuck this up then we can blame lookoutlanding. They went ahead and said the unspeakable.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    If the Mariners fuck this up then we can blame lookoutlanding. They went ahead and said the unspeakable.

I don't follow?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

was it the article titled "how" or the article titled "We need to talk" or the article titled "lolw ut what is ok alright ok" or the article titled "guys i don't mean to uh sound optimistic here but"

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options

was it the article titled "how" or the article titled "We need to talk" or the article titled "lolw ut what is ok alright ok" or the article titled "guys i don't mean to uh sound optimistic here but"

There was an espn article where a guy was like "Oh man they are doing good but..." and then listed all the previous winning streaks in losing years. hey thanks for crushing my optimism!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The last one. They said were a playoff team. We're doomed

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    The last one. They said were a playoff team. We're doomed

Oh those mother fuckers. God damn last year they picked the m's for the world series and that shit crashed harder than a rodney game losing home run.

I am worried about houston though. Fucking stros are do for a sweep of the m's and no way can the bats stay as hot or the bullpen shut down for this long.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "Well...ok" every Mariners fan this season so far

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    David Ortiz is Immortal.

• Options
    "Well...ok" every Mariners fan this season so far

I asked who these guys are that are wearing mariner jerseys, because they aren't the fucking mariners. This ain't the team I've been cheering for. I hope the real ones never come back. Stay gone.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    If only wins by 4 or more counted for them, the Cubs would still be 16-11 and in first place.

• Options
    Angels rotation just took another blow. Our opening day starter Garret Richards is set for season ending Tommy John surgery. Fuck.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    some of the worst umpiring I've ever seen in this sox yanks game

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ortiz sure was in some sort of rage.

This discussion has been closed.