As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Only a Carpathian would be stupid enough to post in the [Trailers] thread

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Like, it doesn't even seem to tonally follow from Man of Steel.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I could listen to Jeremy Irons narrate all day. Too bad they only let him do 20 seconds of the trailer.

Fake Bat-voice is terrible.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Like, it doesn't even seem to tonally follow from Man of Steel.

Aparantly they left out the part at the end of the film where the world goes full distopia.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Those stormtroopers getting tossed around in explosions actually look like real stormtroopers, not CGItroopers. If their armour still makes the *clack-clack* sound like in the orignal movies, I will be very happy. For some reason, I really like that sound.

So. Fucking. Excited.

It does look like as much of this movie as possible is going to be shot with practical effects so chances are those absolutely were real Stormtroopers with real explosions going off near them.

In trailer leak news: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/batman-v-superman-trailer-leaks-online-1201474431/

Spoilers, it's basically: BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM for like two minutes combined with a successful attempt at sucking the fun out of everything.

OMG, what the fuck was that? What the hell is going on in this movie?

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Those stormtroopers getting tossed around in explosions actually look like real stormtroopers, not CGItroopers. If their armour still makes the *clack-clack* sound like in the orignal movies, I will be very happy. For some reason, I really like that sound.

So. Fucking. Excited.

It does look like as much of this movie as possible is going to be shot with practical effects so chances are those absolutely were real Stormtroopers with real explosions going off near them.

In trailer leak news: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/batman-v-superman-trailer-leaks-online-1201474431/

Spoilers, it's basically: BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM for like two minutes combined with a successful attempt at sucking the fun out of everything.

Batman vs Superman Justice Lords: The Movie

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Emissary42 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    The wars of star spoilers from the costume exhibit.

Apparently the empire is now the "The New Order"

And the Rebellion is now "The resistance"

Which tells me that the rebellions attempt to govern post the empire going to shit worked like garbage. Good job guys!

Actually for the first one, it's
    The First Order

But we can tell at least that some serious warfare went down from the wrecks in that trailer.
    Especially what appears to almost certainly be a Super Star Destroyer crashed upside down on Jakku that the Falcon flies into around 1:27
    From this shot?
    star-destroyer2.0.gif
    It's not the right shape for a Super Star Destroyer, it's just a regular Star Destroyer.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

So. Fucking. Excited.

Wow anger that hatred looks tragedy like power total corruption shit lying.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I love that shot.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

Which tells me that the rebellions attempt to govern post the empire going to shit worked like garbage. Good job guys!

The First Order

But we can tell at least that some serious warfare went down from the wrecks in that trailer.
    Especially what appears to almost certainly be a Super Star Destroyer crashed upside down on Jakku that the Falcon flies into around 1:27
    From this shot?
    star-destroyer2.0.gif
    It's not the right shape for a Super Star Destroyer, it's just a regular Star Destroyer.

Nah there is another shot in the trailer with the engines of one of the ships and the layout looks like a super star destroyer.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    It would have been pretty cool/horrible if Jakku was actually one of endors moons and all the ships and desert were from the huge space battle that took place above it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MarauderMarauder Registered User regular

The First Order

From this shot?
    star-destroyer2.0.gif

Nah there is another shot in the trailer with the engines of one of the ships and the layout looks like a super star destroyer.

Yeah, at 1:26...it looks like an SSD that landed belly up.

• Options
    Supposedly... spoiler/speculation from what I read online.

The super star destroyer is han's old ship, and might be where they find the millenium falcon still nestled away in a hanger bay somewhere. I have to say from what I've heard about the plot I'm already sold, if only because no fucking dumb kids and its already going for a more serious story.

And that little soccer ball droid is the best, just the best fuck the haters!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular

The First Order

From this shot?
    star-destroyer2.0.gif

They mean the shot where the Millennium Falcon flies into the engine of the wreckage. It's a different wreck from the gif you linked here.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    There are haters of BB8? I'll meet them in the alley. :fightfightfight:

• Options

I think he looks gimmickey and impractical.

• Options
    Well before people knew it was a real practical effect and thought it was just cgi bull for cgi sake. Honestly BB8 makes sense as a droid for mobility sake, the ball would totally have better ability to get in and out of things faster.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah in the teaser it leans around a corner, being both adorable and practical at the same time.

• Options
    Cog wrote: »

Your gimmicky and impractical!!!

I'll be shocked if the top part of him can't be retracted into the ball. Also if they ever come out with a toy BB8 that is life size, I'm hella buying it. Especially if it actually moves.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular

The First Order

From this shot?
    star-destroyer2.0.gif

Specifically, this.

PPnZRLN.png

• Options
    Cog wrote: »

Your gimmicky and impractical!!!

I'll be shocked if the top part of him can't be retracted into the ball. Also if they ever come out with a toy BB8 that is life size, I'm hella buying it. Especially if it actually moves.

/sigh

you're

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »

The First Order

From this shot?
    star-destroyer2.0.gif

Specifically, this.

PPnZRLN.png

Oh hey, yeah. That totally is an SSD.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I just want to know how they make him work. I'd assume some kind of magnet.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    I'm speaking of Harrison Ford here, obviously.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Of course. They can make him smile too.

BB-8 is just great. Love the little fucker. And he does seem very mobile. Faster than R2 at any rate.

edzepp on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

The First Order

From this shot?
    star-destroyer2.0.gif

Specifically, this.

PPnZRLN.png

but .... that wouldn't really have an 'exit' like the death star super structure ....

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

So. Fucking. Excited.

Ahahahahahaha what? That's some real fan fictiony bullshit. Superman is a god now and corrupted and Batman fights him because reasons and.. Holy shit.
    Ok so, I'm going to watch the Star Wars trailer again to cleanse my palate here.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

The First Order

From this shot?
    star-destroyer2.0.gif

Specifically, this.

PPnZRLN.png

but .... that wouldn't really have an 'exit' like the death star super structure ....

Heh, I guess it depends on how many holes got blown into her before she went down.

It must have been there a long time, since the sand has covered what was no doubt an epic impact crater.

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    I just want to know how they make him work. I'd assume some kind of magnet.

I'm pretty sure BB-8 is a ballbot.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

So. Fucking. Excited.

Ahahahahahaha what? That's some real fan fictiony bullshit. Superman is a god now and corrupted and Batman fights him because reasons and.. Holy shit.
    Ok so, I'm going to watch the Star Wars trailer again to cleanse my palate here.

Star Wars, a far future (or past) setting with never ending wars on the galactic scale with evil space wizards who electrocute victims to death with magic lightning - is cheerier than a movie with Superman in it.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular

So. Fucking. Excited.

Star Wars, a far future (or past) setting with never ending wars on the galactic scale with evil space wizards who electrocute victims to death with magic lightning - is cheerier than a movie with Superman in it.

I think you win for most depressing sentence of the day.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I hope they do a good job filling some of the gaps between VI and VII without it being too exposition heavy. I prefer they leave a lot of it up to our imaginations to figure out. What always made the Clone Wars and the time before the "Dark Times" so interesting was that you could speculate on just what that galaxy looked like. Then the PT happened...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Heir wrote: »
    I hope they do a good job filling some of the gaps between VI and VII without it being too exposition heavy. I prefer they leave a lot of it up to our imaginations to figure out. What always made the Clone Wars and the time before the "Dark Times" so interesting was that you could speculate on just what that galaxy looked like. Then the PT happened...

Yeah outside of the opening scroll I don't want to know too much about what happened. Much like how in IV we get a blurb about the rebellion and the empire but know really shit about either.

Which based on Star Trek remake is a strong suit of Abrahams as he left a lot of story telling things off the table/in other mediums, there if you wanted to find it but not necessary to enjoy the movie.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

So. Fucking. Excited.

I doubt superman is corrupted. I bet it's just public sentiment, confusion, a smear campaign from lex. I mean, he could be, but it doesn't have to be to have batman take him down.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I love that shot.

That first shot is better composed than anything in the PT.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

It's a little weird. I've lived long enough to see people go from thinking CGI is the coolest thing ever to people realizing that real props/effects are so much cooler than things built inside a computer.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

So. Fucking. Excited.

I doubt superman is corrupted. I bet it's just public sentiment, confusion, a smear campaign from lex. I mean, he could be, but it doesn't have to be to have batman take him down.

Oh I'm sure. It's still insanity.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Well for me its just cool seeing and hearing it moving around, it captures the spirit of R2 without feeling like r2 2.0.

Also I think CGI much like any special effect is best used when its necessary (big space battles) and not like here is a room on a space station that is entirely green screen and you can tell because nothing looks real at all. That's the issue with CGI its the ian malcolm syndrome "you were thinking about if you could you never stopped and thought if you should."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

So. Fucking. Excited.

Well you'd think that the one guy on the planet to see through a Lex Luther smear campaign would be Batman. So either Superman turned evil or Batman is a dupe. Now I've admittedly never read any comics but both of those don't sound right.