As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old [NHL] Thread

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Wings are so bad. My hockey teams suck this year.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    I'm pretty surprised there weren't people cleaning his blood off the ice afterwards.

well the rangers are a bunch of weenies

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i say as a rangers fan

• Options
    mbcwvanxtu6w.jpg

heh

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »
    I'm pretty surprised there weren't people cleaning his blood off the ice afterwards.

well the rangers are a bunch of weenies

Obviously. Any other team and he'd be taking what was left of his teeth home in a bag.

Also any other team and they'd be skating and fighting right on top of Lundqvist's prone body with no regard for his actual safety.

• Options
    i'm a little behind because DVR but this preds/rangers game

nashville fans are fkin dumb

like what are you even doing chanting "vesey sucks" every time he's on the ice just because he didn't go to your team

chanting "lundqvist" after it takes you literally half the game to get your first goal, which was a tying goal

fkin dumb, man

• Options
    vesey first on the shootout

he scores

haha fuck you nashville crowd

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I'm trying not to get hyped about the Wild right now because Minnesota sports heartbreak is just a way of life up here, but damn is this fun. The next two games @ MTL and NYR will be a lot of fun to watch and a good test for the team.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I am enjoying experiencing the Pens' recent success via Facebook. IIRC, they have three 7+ goal games in the past three weeks and are 7-3 in December. It was a rough start to the season, but they are back to their form from the end of last year.

Next up is CBJ, who are on a 10-game win streak. Should be a fun one!

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Columbus might never lose again

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    What's interesting is that Columbus is going up against the Wild, who have a 12-game winning streak of their own (a franchise record). Someone's going home with a broken streak for the New Year.

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    15697918_10157832365720198_6928184830739147886_n.jpg?oh=f959db9032a2d8d7e02f805b34ff4351&oe=58D98998
    Avs revealed a new logo...

Jayricho on
  • Options
    sig.gif

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Tomorrow night is the Unsustainabowl.

• Options
    Well poop.

sig.gif

• Options
    Ugh. I can't wait for the trade deadline. I'm tired of waiting to see who's moving out when the trigger finally gets pulled on this team.

• Options
    I only listened in to the Pens-Caps game last night. Thankfully.

Then I had to hear about it from my wife's cousin, who is a very big Caps fan.

Also gratz to Ovie for 1000 goals!

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

545 goals, I think? Maybe 546.

1000 points, tho.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »

545 goals, I think? Maybe 546.

1000 points, tho.

To be honest, I couldn't remember if it was 1000 points or goals. I just expected him to have 1000 points by now. Then again, I'm probably overguessing how old he is and how long he's been in the league.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    no, it's 1000 points. No one has ever scored 1000 goals in the NHL regular season. The record for goals in the NHL is 891, by Gretzky. No one is touching that unless we get back to 10-8 games becoming the norm.

Ovie has 546 goals, and 1001 points. Great accomplishment, especially on the goals. To give you an idea how good he is at scoring, since he came into the league in 05-06, he has something like 150 more goals than the next closest goal scorers, which are Iginla and Crosby.

There's a lot of "this is cool" things in Ovie's march to 1000 points though. He scored goal 544, which tied him with Rocket Richard, in Montreal. That's pretty cool. His 1000th point came on a nationally televised game in the US, against the Pens, and was a goal. Probably couldn't script that much better.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    jagr could hit gretzky's record if he just plays like five more years

which i think only him dying on the ice will prevent him from doing

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    jagr could hit gretzky's record if he just plays like five more years

which i think only him dying on the ice will prevent him from doing

He would need 30 goal years still. And the points total is still hilarious.

Gretzky: 894-1963-2857
    Jagr: 756-1137-1893

• Options
    yeah the thing about gretzky is he also made everyone around him good

• Options
    also it was a completely different game when he played, but

• Options
    Hm, looking at things I had no idea Crosby is 5th all time in points per game (Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, Orr). Interesting that of those five, only Gretzky played more than a thousand games, though I suppose that makes sense to some degree. Malkin's 14th, Ovie 18th, Jagr 19th, and Kane 46th as the only active players in the top 50.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Hm, looking at things I had no idea Crosby is 5th all time in points per game (Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, Orr). Interesting that of those five, only Gretzky played more than a thousand games, though I suppose that makes sense to some degree. Malkin's 14th, Ovie 18th, Jagr 19th, and Kane 46th as the only active players in the top 50.

Given his sensitivity to concussions, Crosby would've been done before game 400 if he played back then.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    yeah, he's also mid-career though

i don't imagine that number maintains later in the career

except for gretzky

• Options
    yea, Gretzky had 62 points in 70 games in his last season of 98-99. the only time in his career he wasn't at least 1.0 ppg in a season.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    God I'm just reading through the list of individual NHL records for kicks, and it's staggering how much of a dominant player Wayne Gretzky was. That's why I roll my eyes every time someone comes into the league being touted as "the next Gretzky."

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Yesterday the Avs traded McLeod to Nashville. Today both teams play each other and McLeod scores, following through on the tradition of being burned by former players.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I was at the game. He fought Iginla as well.

He got a video tribute, a standing ovation and his jersey was 80 percent off.

So

Now I have a McLeod third jersey.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    lol Marchand was so smug in his interview I love him

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Best in the West! However I fully expect an opening round meltdown, as is Boudreau and Minnesota sports tradition.

sig.gif

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

#87, Sidney Crosby, ties for 87th in all time scoring in a game decided 8-7.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Greiss helped get the islanders their first shutout in Boston ever. A nice treat from this team

• Options
    we need more 8-7 games in this world. That was a fun one to watch.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    we need more 8-7 games in this world. That was a fun one to watch.

I think that the universal opinion on that game is "that was awesome, and we should do it more often, but you know, not too often." Like, one, maybe two a month at most. If we had a dozen games like that all season it might be pushing it.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    it reminds me of a few years ago when spread offense concepts took off in the NFL and for the first year or two it was like "woah this is so much fun!" but then people got really tired of half the games decided merely by who had the ball last

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    And off goes Jack Cap from the Islanders. I like the guy but I think the org is in desperate need of some change (for the positive for once).