As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

trüë ünhöly nörthërn [chat] mëtäl

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i am a goodie two shoes so generallydon't cross the white line until i can safely execute the turn in one maneuver

i got that gaping vagina

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    There's a brief gap between red one direction and green the other. If everyone else is being grade-A shitlords about my unprotected left turn, I'll park in the middle of the intersection and just wait for that gap in the lights and be like, "Oh my, look at that, I am in the intersection while it's red better clear out!" and make my desired turn.

yes, see, the rules here are specifically that this is what you're supposed to do if there's no far turn stage on the lights and you can't make your turn safely

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    That's what everyone here does as well. I don't think it's considered impolite. But ... you know, Midwest. Generally less trafficy than you city types.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    There's a brief gap between red one direction and green the other. If everyone else is being grade-A shitlords about my unprotected left turn, I'll park in the middle of the intersection and just wait for that gap in the lights and be like, "Oh my, look at that, I am in the intersection while it's red better clear out!" and make my desired turn.

yes, see, the rules here are specifically that this is what you're supposed to do if there's no far turn stage on the lights and you can't make your turn safely

I don't know if it's legal or not here. My driving instructor taught me to do it but in the same breath said not to do it on the driving exam because most evaluators will fail you for it. It's by far the safest way to make an unprotected left in heavy traffic.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Why is the Mad Men thread that silent?

That bad?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Colorado Driver's Handbook says
    Left Turns - If you are turning left, you should wait at
    the stop line or crosswalk until there is a gap in traffic
    large enough to allow you to pull into the intersection
    and complete your turn. Pulling into the intersection to
    wait to turn left blocks the intersection for emergency
    vehicles, limits visibility for oncoming traffic and puts
    you in a position to get in an accident if the light
    changes and oncoming traffic runs the red light while
    you are making your turn. Never turn the front wheels
    towards the left while you are waiting to turn. If you
    happen to get rear ended, you would be pushed into
    oncoming traffic.

so clearly chu is following local guidelines

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Singapore
    Vehicle making right turn at road intersection or junction
    8.—(1) The driver or rider of a vehicle stationary at or approaching a controlled intersection or junction of roads and wishing to turn to the right shall, as soon as the intersection or junction is open to the vehicle, move forward as near as possible to the centre of the intersection or junction and await a safe opportunity to complete the turn to the right.
    (2) When turning the driver or rider of the vehicle shall proceed with due regard for the safety of pedestrians crossing the road.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Did anyone else see that UCB comedy troupe performing a new episode of Seinfeld

Apparently they're doing a sequel where the cast is trapped inside during The Purge

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

This is incredible.

If the new expansion involved choreographed dance numbers I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

In Sydney this often leads to CBD roads getting completely blocked off because the turn becomes impossible once the traffic gets heavy enough to make it back to the green lights from the first red. This is because Sydney is designed by malicious demons.

In Melbourne you do sort of hook turns. You do an across traffic turn from the outside lane by going and waiting in front of the cross lane, and then in the gap you do your big turn. This is because Melbourne is designed by people who had an inferiority complex about Sydney.

• Options
    hmm. I can see traffic engineers valuing both approaches, I guess

the downside of the Colorado approach is that under heavy traffic the far-turning traffic just doesn't get to move at all

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    what stops the big ass pickup across from me turning on yellow also, we're on the same cycle

Why does that matter? What kind of crazy intersection are you at where the 2 people going opposite ways can't make left turns at the same time?

If both directions have two lanes then it is unsafe to make the turn as oncoming traffic in the outside lanes has right of way

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

This is incredible.

If the new expansion involved choreographed dance numbers I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Destiny needs a 'dance mode', in which your power, grenade, and ammo use are all unlimited, but do no damage.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    hmm. I can see traffic engineers valuing both approaches, I guess

the downside of the Colorado approach is that under heavy traffic the far-turning traffic just doesn't get to move at all

i guess notionally intersections that heavy traffic have left arrows?

in practice everybody just ignores the rule

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yeah but once you start getting multi-lane then you tend to have left on signal only and the traffic lights with designated left turn green lights, so that the traffic doesn't congest.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options

This is incredible.

I feel like the RDMs make this incredible

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular

This is incredible.

Destiny needs a 'dance mode', in which your power, grenade, and ammo use are all unlimited, but do no damage.

Defeat a raid boss by showing off your insane pyrotechnics and wild dance moves.

I almost want to play destiny again now and I haven't touched it in about 7 months.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i was coming out of a parking lot and some bro in front of me wanted to turn left into heavy traffic out of the lot

and it was gonna take him like 5 minutes

so i kind of edged around him from behind and made the right turn

and he got so mad that i didn't wait for him to go first

i'm sorry there was clearance for both of us : (

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

This is incredible.

I don't know what an rdms is. Google tells me its a registered diagnostic medical sonographer so I've managed to learn something.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    alright i made it through walking dead episode 1 without fucking anything up too bad imo

i think i have this zombie apocalypse shit locked down

• Options

This is incredible.

Defeat a raid boss by showing off your insane pyrotechnics and wild dance moves.

I almost want to play destiny again now and I haven't touched it in about 7 months.
    Now is the time, House of Wolves lands tomorree

• Options
    Hi chu what's up man!

• Options

This is incredible.

I don't know what an rdms is. Google tells me its a registered diagnostic medical sonographer so I've managed to learn something.
    Radiant Dance Machines

The glowing green boots the main hunter wears.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    alright i made it through walking dead episode 1 without fucking anything up too bad imo

i think i have this zombie apocalypse shit locked down

Well, it's a tv show, you can't mess anything up, its outcomes are decided.

rite

• Options

This is incredible.

Radiant Dance Machines

The glowing green boots the main hunter wears.

OK that's pretty awesome too then.

• Options
    it's expensive to have traffic engineers monitor and redesign every intersection that is liable to have heavy traffic, even if only seasonally, tho

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    There are certain intersections I go through where the left turnout is far too short, and left turning traffic gets backed up into the adjacent lane, blocking it.

So I often turn right, pull a Uturn on the empty cross street, and get through much faster than if I'd waited for the turn lane to clear.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    There was like a solid half hour of movie previews before Mad Max finally started.

Is that just...normal now in the theater? I really don't go very often unless it's with my niece, and we are always late in that case.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    There was like a solid half hour of movie previews before Mad Max finally started.

Is that just...normal now in the theater? I really don't go very often unless it's with my niece, and we are always late in that case.

There's a movie after the previews? I've just been paying to see the latest trailers on a big screen with surround sound

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i was coming out of a parking lot and some bro in front of me wanted to turn left into heavy traffic out of the lot

and it was gonna take him like 5 minutes

so i kind of edged around him from behind and made the right turn

and he got so mad that i didn't wait for him to go first

i'm sorry there was clearance for both of us : (

chu

chu please

• Options
    I was about to complain more about the absurd amount of previews, but fuck it. I don't care. I just watched the best Mad Max movie and I am excited to see it again. And I WILL see it again, because my friend and I are planning on seeing it together. She just....doesn't know that I already watched it. This is our little secret, ok chat?

• Options
    The best advantage turns are done on a faggio, where you can weave through lanes of traffic while blasting wake me up before you go go with a bike helmet on

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Ronaldo that word is not cool to use.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Also, MRAs continue to be full of shit. This is NOT feminist propaganda, it's just that the villain loves having sex slaves, and most of the "good" characters are women. Max is still the alpha badass of the group anyway.

I guess for misogynists MRAs, that is somehow a criticism of men.

• Options
    It's ... a vehicle in GTA 5.

Also Vice City.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Also, MRAs continue to be full of shit. This is NOT feminist propaganda, it's just that the villain loves having sex slaves, and most of the "good" characters are women. Max is still the alpha badass of the group anyway.

I guess for misogynists MRAs, that is somehow a criticism of men.

My favourite review is the one that complains that men will be drawn to see this feminist propaganda because of the explosions and cars

• Options
  • Options
    People on the internet are just determined to try to ruin everything.

This discussion has been closed.