As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Iron Babar: the King is Dead; Long Live the King!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    I wonder if there's an actual chance difference with what you get from each cryptarch

Doubt it very much, I just remember the other guy giving me blue weapons from legendary engrams.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    So far I've got myself and @amicabilis
    Any other takers?

What time are we talking about? I can maybe manage if we finish before 11pm BST

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Spent Armor and Weapon core on Judgments Chance, results?

2q07i95.jpg

(I still have 3 Armor cores even though I've bought gloves on all 3 characters)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have that too. It kicks ass! Of corise, Variks will probably have it for sale next week...

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Has anyone NOT gotten that scout rifle from the Judgement's Chance?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    A card with 4-1. I desperately want that 5th win.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so uh

any cool dudes and dudettes up for killing Xyor at the moment?

*puppy dog eyes*

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular

I got both of the PoE heavy weapons from my gambling. I would have much preferred armor. =\

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    We're looking for a third for Osiris right now, anybody in?

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Woohoo finally hit 34 today on my Warlock! My goal is now a set of fashionable level 34 space jedi armor. Thanks to Evangir and Voranth for carrying my ass to 6 wins in the Trials.

The best (worst) moment happened in the Trials. I self rezzed and dropped two people to win the match, so I started corpse dancing at my amazing luck. The first enemy from earlier in the firefight, when Evangir and Voranth got K/Oed, self rezzed and shot me in the back. We lose, laughs ensue.

Learn from me. Never corpse dance when there is a warlock down.

Elixir on
    ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options

yeeeeeeeeessssssssssss

thanks for the help with xyor, @amicabilis

I am become death, destroyer of worlds

kinda

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015

Datto got a Titan helmet from that on stream.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    amicabilisamicabilis Registered User regular

yeeeeeeeeessssssssssss

thanks for the help with xyor, @amicabilis

I am become death, destroyer of worlds

kinda

*in approx. 200,000 exp.

Grats. Go forth and cause much teeth grinding.

PSN: amicabilis
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Anyone on xbone looking to do some trials?

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Jesus, PoE level 34 kicked our butts. Disarming the mines is a problem when standing in Cabal crossfire.

• Options
    Need a third for Osiris! Somebody should join in. PSN: Robo_Wizard1

Steam ID
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I need to do the Nightfall I'm too garbage at PVP to do Osiris :(

• Options
    as long as nothing awful happens the nightfall is actually easier than the normal strike this week because of the arc burn

so long as you don't all die at the same time that is

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Anyone on xbone looking to do some trials?

I'm logging on now, I hope some of us are still challenging the trials.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Jesus, PoE level 34 kicked our butts. Disarming the mines is a problem when standing in Cabal crossfire.

Defender Titans or Bladedancer Hunters help immensely for those.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    as long as nothing awful happens the nightfall is actually easier than the normal strike this week because of the arc burn

I kinda wish they would stop introducing new strikes as Nightfalls. It makes people into super wusses when playing the strike normally. You can do all kinds of fun things in the tank room but no, everybody just cowers near the entrance because their first go round was in the Nightfall.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Got that sweet Osiris auto.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Osiris is a lot of fun. Did poorly, but still had a good time. Glad to see that you can keep trying again with fresh runs, that's a lot more forgiving than I though it'd be (figured you'd be locked out for the week).

Steam ID
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Sucked in my second try at Trials with Shadrak and Vey. The first game was awesome. We destroyed the enemy team 5-0, but after that we were all individually good in separate games and never played well together. Thankfully we won the fifth round in our second game to stop from getting swept.

Started with Vey and his friend GhostRider, but connection issues kept disconnecting me, but we won our first game and I gave in and bought all the boons so I'm 3-0 right now on my passage card.

I'm starting to think I should learn to snipe for this game mode.

I think my favorite part of playing with Shad was how afraid he was to go into PVP then he had a round where he went 4-0 as the only person who killed people with four snipes, it was awesome.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Nightfall on peeessfour anyone? Need one for my hunter.

If not I'll just LFG it, but thought I'd see if anyone here need/wanted to.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Anybody need PoE 32? I need one more, krayven1980 is my PSN.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

I kinda wish they would stop introducing new strikes as Nightfalls. It makes people into super wusses when playing the strike normally. You can do all kinds of fun things in the tank room but no, everybody just cowers near the entrance because their first go round was in the Nightfall.

This isn't really because of the nightfall

This is just how people play Destiny because Destiny is not a game that encourages you to be at anything but a very long distance from the enemy.

• Options
    force barrier continuously recharges

keep punching, Titan!

• Options
    I want Titan punch to be as good as warlock

Warlock had mad tracking and range but it doesn't feel as good as Titan

Pls address Bungie

• Options
    We got the Grimoire card for beating Skolas on the 35 prison, which is nice I guess. But we failed to clear the last mine (it hit 99), because our buddy slipped off the platform. This game.

Also, I died a lot.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Naw, not true. Unless you mean easier than the Weekly, that's possible. If you run Shadow Thief normally, you don't have to deal with shielded shanks and the Vandals/Captains go down reasonably. With those two things in mind, it's MUCH easier off Nightfall.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular

This is just how people play Destiny because Destiny is not a game that encourages you to be at anything but a very long distance from the enemy.

But the buff to shotguns seems to suggest they'd like that to change? Or maybe it just wants to entice that foolhardy group of us willing to bum rush a tank while screaming, "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?" And if that was their intention, by god they have succeeded unabashedly.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

But the buff to shotguns seems to suggest they'd like that to change? Or maybe it just wants to entice that foolhardy group of us willing to bum rush a tank while screaming, "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?" And if that was their intention, by god they have succeeded unabashedly.

Shotguns (in PvE) hypothetically serve a dual purpose. If you choose to close in, you can kill quickly enough to live through it (ideally paired with an Auto Rifle here). They also serve as a backup plan if the enemy decides THEY would like to be close (ideally paired with a Scout Rifle in this case). Pre-buff, they served both of these purposes unconvincingly. You were better off running into close combat with a fast charging Fusion Rifle instead. Now, if one of your teammates sees a Captain coming and runs TOWARDS him, that teammate is not necessarily an idiot. Before, they almost definitely were.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    34 and a lighthouse visit. Good day. I guess I'll keep that mercy of Osiris in my back pocket for next week.

Bad news is I didn't have room for the emblem: going to try to email bungie tomorrow. Other bad news is I got the summoner. Ugh. Woulda loved either messanger or jewel

616610-1.png
  • Options
    If Bungie wants to remove the hesitation people have at not getting close, they need to utter eliminate the instant kill melee ability almost every boss mob in the game has.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular

Shotguns (in PvE) hypothetically serve a dual purpose. If you choose to close in, you can kill quickly enough to live through it (ideally paired with an Auto Rifle here). They also serve as a backup plan if the enemy decides THEY would like to be close (ideally paired with a Scout Rifle in this case). Pre-buff, they served both of these purposes unconvincingly. You were better off running into close combat with a fast charging Fusion Rifle instead. Now, if one of your teammates sees a Captain coming and runs TOWARDS him, that teammate is not necessarily an idiot. Before, they almost definitely were.

Where some would see madness, others might see courage in recognizing the game is trying to force them to play one way and not submitting to that yoke and instead trying to bring the game to heel through sheer force of will. This is a Bungie game for chrissakes. The shotgun shouldn't be Plan B. It's supposed to be Plan A through 0123456789. Dammit, this is the gun your grandpappy used to bitchslap the Covenant and the Flood. Now that it's been elevated to near Halo levels of perfection, finally this game can be played with reckless abandon with only occasional punishment instead of constant. As god intended. The only notes I might offer to improve it is perhaps extended the range to that akin to...say a sniper rifle? Or have it shoot other shotguns? I'm really willing to bargain on this, but both terms are non-negotiable.

All joking a side, I do like that it now has a purpose beyond PvP and there's something with some omph when Captains, Stealth Vandals, or effing Minotaurs decide to invade your personal space. Hopefully they won't do anything crazy like remove the buff in favor of getting more people to use the sidearm or something.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Ok, so I see what the hype is about. Thanks to @Magell and Booker91z I got to experience some Trials. Don't really ever want to go back to crucible, and I wish it was a normal game mode. Bungie needs to work out the voice chat glitches, but all in all the most fun I've had in destiny short of my first vault and crota run.

I'll be on for hours, so if anyone else is up for games xbone side hit me up. Now or ever, actually. Forum = gamertag.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I kinda hope we get the expansion strike again for Nightfall tomorrow. It's really a lot of fun, especially with a burn.

Although, knowing my luck, we'll get it without a burn and it'll just be really tedious.

I'm actually really concerned that no burn nightfalls will be much more common now that there are more modifiers. I dislike no burn nightfalls more than any triple burn in the game by many, many magnitudes.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Expansion's been out a week and I still haven't been able to step foot into 32 PoE. Haven't run a nightfall in months. I don't think HoW had enough in it for someone that prefers to play Destiny like a single player game.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST