As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man, I forgot how squid-damn mean the Luna Blaster is on these stages.

Official weapon of Team Future IMO.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Splatfest is over, finished at +57.0 for Team Past. Not gonna even give the future a chance to refuse to change 8-)

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I was only able to start playing Splatfest three hours before the end of the event, so I only got to Future Champion rank before stopping. I think I probably only did so-so in my gameplay, but it feels like I put in a better than average performance. I usually only play Ranked, and have been stuck in B+ rank for a very long time. Often times it feels like I shouldn't be in B+, what with my inability to have more kills than deaths in most matches. So it's sometimes nice to go into Spatfests and realize B+ actually isn't that bad in the big picture. Of course, it could be that I keep using the wrong weapon... I normally go with a .96 Gal or Forge Splattershot Pro in normal (ranked) play, but switch to the N-ZAP '85 in Splatfests. Hmm...

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I was only able to start playing Splatfest three hours before the end of the event, so I only got to Future Champion rank before stopping. I think I probably only did so-so in my gameplay, but it feels like I put in a better than average performance. I usually only play Ranked, and have been stuck in B+ rank for a very long time. Often times it feels like I shouldn't be in B+, what with my inability to have more kills than deaths in most matches. So it's sometimes nice to go into Spatfests and realize B+ actually isn't that bad in the big picture. Of course, it could be that I keep using the wrong weapon... I normally go with a .96 Gal or Forge Splattershot Pro in normal (ranked) play, but switch to the N-ZAP '85 in Splatfests. Hmm...
    I tend to use either the N-Zap '89 or Dynamo Roller in Splatfests, but went with the Dual Squelcher to start with then switched to Dynamo since I wasn't really feeling it. Echolocator is really good since no one can run Cold Blooded.

When I decided to get some extra splatting in tonight I was using the .96 Gal Deco. I hadn't actually used it yet and found it rather effective, and there wasn't even a tower for me to sit on as a Kraken :P

And, uh...I grinded my nephew (8 y/o) from Champion to King since he was going out to eat. Luckily he picked the same team as me :rotate:

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Aww yeah, 24 Super Sea Snails from helping Team Past win the Splatfest yesterday and finally got to A- today as well. Whoo!

I have been changing up my gear a lot lately to suit different situations which I think has helped. I went with the N-Zap '89 almost exclusively before but now I go between that, the Splash-o-matic (now my preferred weapon), and the recently added Sloshing Machine. I'm thinking the Hydra Splatting will be the next weapon I try to get down in some unranked matches.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Y'know, I'm totally okay with Past taking this one.

'Cause it's gonna be the future soon.
    And I won't always be this way.
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Has Callie won every splatfest?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Marie won Dogs and Decepticons (1st and 4th Splatfests) and is now on a long losing streak. She couldn't even be arsed to give a sassy losing quote this time.

Barrakketh on
  • Options
    Yep. According to Inkipedia, Callie's been on a six-fest winning streak in North America, but Marie's won two of the ten North American Splatfests. Marie hasn't favored much better in Europe/Oceania, only taking three of nine Splatfests there, but has performed fairly evenly in Japan, winning four of nine.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Y'know, I'm totally okay with Past taking this one.

'Cause it's gonna be the future soon.
    And I won't always be this way.
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away.

It's gonna be the future soon
    I've never seen it quite so clear
    And when my heart is breaking I can close my eyes and it's already here

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    New map coming tomorrow!
    hl9sbn3.jpg
    4bIEIkT.jpg
    A new stage, Ancho-V Games, is joining the rotation tomorrow (1/21) at 6:00 pm PT. The setting this time around is inside the offices of the developers of hit indie games like “Squid Jump.” Keep an eye out for some of the jellyfish development team, hard at work (and under a strict NDA!) on their next title. Hope they don’t mind the mess!

One feature of this stage are the PC-fan shaped propellers that can be inked to move portions of the floor. Use these to exploit the stage’s verticality and gain the high ground over your opponents. What role do these things play in game development, anyway?

HORIZONTAL :o
    Qj8GkJK.jpg
    aV6NoWj.png

VERTICAL 8-)
    Jaf1tE9.jpg
    VjT9wfp.jpg

Also confirms that this is the last new map.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Now I just want a 3 map rotation or faster set changes.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      I hope the very last update is just "Oh, and you can make an Octoling character now."

Mic drop.

• Options
      Hmm, can't seem to connect to any matches. Maybe I'm not updated or something? What version is everybody?

• Options
      HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
      Ancho-V made me drop a ranking :cry:

I am still really bad at this game, guys

*continues to play obsessively*

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
      NNID: Hakkekage
    • Options
      That game really does gets its hooks into you something fierce when it does.

I like the new stage but I have not been confident enough in my playing it to venture into it within a ranked battle scenario yet.

• Options
      BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
      It feels hard to hold the middle area in Ancho-V, gets really crazy.

• Options
      I have had a very annoying experience with Splatoon this week. Our router broke last week so we got a new one. I set up the new wifi connection on the Wii U then tried playing Splatoon on Monday, but kept getting dropped from every match, which shaved off my ranked points. Had to wait until last night for the Ethernet adaptor to arrive (HOW DOES THE WII U NOT HAVE IT BUILT IN ALREADY), plugged it in directly, and tested it in Turf War. Everything was going fine...and then the connection was lost.

So far I haven't lost connection in a Ranked (no, those points dropped just because I suck, alas) but I lost it twice last night during Turf and it was very aggravating. What gives dudes

• Options
      Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
      It's not necessarily your connection to the internet; splatoon is semi peer-to-peer so if the other players in your match, or the specific bit of internet between you and them, start flaking out then your connection will drop no matter how good your google ping is.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
      Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
      DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    • Options
      MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
      You need a pretty clear signal with a pretty high upload rate.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
      I've actually got new internet service as of a couple days ago and just from surfing around online it seems a lot faster.

Will have to try some Splatoon after work tomorrow and see how it works there. With Comcast I was experiencing more disconnects than I would have liked and had the occasional equipment problem every now and then as well.

• Options
      BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
      Doesn't help that you almost always get majority Japanese players when it's not a splatfest.

• Options
      persona4celestia.jpg
    • Options
      edited January 2016
      If you've got a nicovideo account, you can see the Splatoon Koshien national finals here in about a half hour. The Block C regional bracket tournament just concluded; looks like they're replaying the Squid Sisters concert from yesterday, linked above by PMAvers. I have no idea what the format of the finals will be, but the block tournaments were all Turf War battles on the first five multiplayer maps. Lots of Spattershot Jr. and Dynamo Rollers on teams.

MrBlarney on
      4463rwiq7r47.png
    • Options
      OptyOpty Registered User regular
      If you got a new router and are having disconnect issues then you might have to figure out how to open the NAT or open some ports or something to get it to play nice with your Wii U. I know my router cannot handle whatever NAT or open ports Splatoon needs so I can't play online reliably

• Options
      RazmaRazma Registered User regular
      So we have Squid Sisters hologram concerts but I'm still waiting for an amiibo pack for them? Gorram it Nintendo, sort them priorities out.

• Options
      Razma wrote: »
      So we have Squid Sisters hologram concerts but I'm still waiting for an amiibo pack for them? Gorram it Nintendo, sort them priorities out.

Nintendo cannot be held responsible for the weird boners you're getting right now

• Options
      edited February 2016
      Aww yeah, just had a really good session of Splatooning. The only somewhat frustrating thing was I was kicking ass and taking names in Regular Battle, decided to do Ranked Battle, and only then started having lag and connection issues. This was after 40 minutes or so of playing with issue too, so it was kind of odd. Still damn fun though and I think there is a chance I could move up from A- but its going to be tough like a motherfucker if the matches tonight were any indication.

Also there was a match where someone else ended with a score of 3p for their total. I'm hoping it was due to an emergency or a little kid playing, otherwise . . . yeesh!

Rehab on
    • Options
      Listening to the most recent 8-4 Play and this was said while talking about a Splatoon Concert event in Japan:

"at the end the producer for Splatoon came up . . . and he kind of slipped in that they're gonna be putting out some new content soon."

So that is exciting, but not exactly an official confirmation either. But it was from the games producer, so it bodes well!

• Options
      Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
      Helpful GAFfer told me that i needed to press Y to center the camera, and that's how motion controls work. So maybe i'm better at the game now.

• Options
      ZythonZython Registered User regular
      Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
      Steam: pazython
    • Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      edited February 2016
      Nice, I was starting to wonder when the next Splatfest would hit.

This is a harder question for me to answer though as its not one I'm too invested in. I would side with Squirtle before Charmander, I suppose?

Rehab on
    • Options
      This Splatfest is going to be a world-wide one too, btw.

You'll still only get matched with your region for games, and results will be tallied separately in each region.

persona4celestia.jpg
    • Options
      Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
      Blue!

Is that this weekend, or next?

• Options
      BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
      it's next weekend, no need to yell at me

CD World Tour status:
      Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    • Options
      MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
      This is the one I wanted the most I think.

I'm out of town that weekend.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
      Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
      I had Blue growing up, so I think the choice is clear.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
      Steam: TimIsOnSteam
      Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
      Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
      PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
    • Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      So the Japense Pokemon Center is getting Pokemon Splatoon shirts

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      I got Red back in the day (actually my sister bought it for me..I don't actually remember if I had a preference) but now I definitely prefer Blastoise.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699