Options

Social game Assassins Ball: Rise of Sorengard at PAX Prime 2015! Make new friends!

MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
edited August 2015 in PAX West
gmihlzkx9vkt.png

As you walk into a large, open space crawling with people, bright lights and sharp sounds grab your attention. Your eyes narrow as you scan the crowd, pursuing your target. A chilling sensation sweeps up your spine; you are being watched. You duck around a corner, sneaking a quick glance over your shoulder and see...

Buildings towering above you, a glint of light shines off the Space Needle in the distance. Maybe it’s nothing, but you can’t shake the feeling that someone's hunting you.
091d67c429f66525278efbee13007655_original.png?v=1435626563&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=0424dae008a8d99ebb5ab127c81448a9
Assassins Ball is a social game played during PAX Prime 2015 in Seattle, WA, from August 28–31. To play in Assassins Ball you will need to attend PAX Prime 2015 for at least one day. In Assassins Ball you play an assassin joining forces with one of six factions. Your faction gives you missions to find specific groups of players within the crowd and "assassinate" them.

You can grab a kit in our store: store.phenixone.com. Kits are $10.
eaff0f9f458acc2c760f1bee3043fead_original.png?v=1435626343&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=86a496d64827a9c7fbb0bed38ff1ddd7
Sorengard, a new Seattle-based faction, is joining the Assassins Ball! Caution is advised, they have the home field advantage. In addition, the Gathering Intel mechanic added for the PAX East game will return as well as new mechanics announced below.

The Sorengard faction will have a limited quantity. As players join the game, additional quantities will also be added.
ed8ccd06162b13bfaa26e350eaa3cf9c_original.png?v=1435629279&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=a2352d2d78cd98c5a0d68e7c3b4fc2d0
Assassins Ball is at an exciting place right now. The core mechanics have been refined over the years and the new site framework makes adding new mechanics easier than ever before. There's so many new things about the game since last year that we're highlighting only the big ones right now, expect to see updates detailing how other parts of the game, including things behind the scenes, have changed.

Gathering Intel
Intel is valuable information being carried by other assassins (even those in your own faction). You'll be able to interact with any player and gather the intel they are carrying, gaining a small amount of prestige each time.

Your faction needs to verify each piece of intel you gather, once a piece of intel is collected from a player a period of time must pass before you can get new intel off them.
  • You can gather intel from a player a limited amount of times.
  • You cannot gather intel on yourself.
Growing the Game
Moving forward each Assassins Ball game will be adding small but impactful mechanics called seeds. Like their real life counterparts, we hope that these seeds will grow over time, connecting to each other to form new and immersive gameplay.

For Assassins Ball: Rise of Sorengard we have two seeds to announce right now: Bounties and Challenges. More seeds will be coming in time, in this game or those to come.
946ea95b215aedd93da6bb3ac0dd2313_original.png?v=1438737701&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=7a800ea80213b70d5c0cfaf439aa62e8
eroyu2x8dpac.png
Assassins are only as good as their tools. Each Assassin Kit contains everything needed for one person to play Assassins Ball: Rise of Sorengard at PAX Prime 2015.
f2618ffc5ce31ce902bab8805fef1fb2_original.png?v=1438744735&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=fc18ae9cb28d243a7dc931c7cf8ece95

Assassin Kits include:
  • Player Badge - A large button with a symbol and your chosen faction printed on it.
  • Kill Confirm - A small card to use when you are assassinated.
  • Faction Button - A small button to wear (optional) so you can show off your chosen faction.
Player Badge
a94f9e167482735d52d6844d42a151f3_original.png?v=1435983159&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=b28f6f83c52cd3247731fb2b2a8e20df
  • Player Symbol - This large symbol represents you in the game. Viewing another player's badge will let you identify whether they are a potential target at a glance.
  • Player Faction - This emblem represents your chosen faction.
  • Badge Code - A unique QR and 5-letter code on every badge is used to register your kit on the game website (phenixone.com).
Your Player Badge should be worn on your left arm facing out or on the upper left side of your chest. Please wear it anytime you are in a convention area, if at all possible. The Player Badge has both a standard pin-back and clothing magnet attachment to ensure it stays on.

Note: You cannot assassinate players or gather intel if you are not wearing your badge.

Kill Confirm
In addition to the Player Badge, each kit comes with a Kill Confirm card that players use to confirm they have attacked the correct target using the QR or alphanumeric code printed on it.
cad98b4d642796e8f6a4a68390f444ad_original.png?v=1435622787&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=e135c3794054753c618e24746c82f0e4

After assassinating a target, a player can scan or make note of the code on their target's Kill Confirm to verify their mission on the game website (phenixone.com).
270ff00fd297c4f9cb4ce564612b3f66_original.png?v=1435627937&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=40e538c3e1c1ebcfbc7414181db541ec

To register your kit and play the game, you'll need to create an account requiring a valid email address and login prior to registering your kit.

Registering your kit

Once you've received your Assassins Kit, you will need to register it on the game's website by going here: http://phenixone.com/register-kit. Enter the 5-letter code found on your badge into the field. After the site verifies you badge, you're ready to play!

Missions
Missions are assignments given to you by your faction, detailing the specific parameters of your target. Each mission is broken down into three parameters:
  • Primary Target - The specific shape and color target your faction is requesting you assassinate. Assassinating a player that matches this will usually net you the most prestige.
  • Secondary Targets - A range of shape and color targets that your faction would accept to complete the mission. Assassinating a player that matches one of these will usually net you the least prestige.
  • Faction Target (Optional) - The specific faction your faction wishes you to assassinate. Assassinating a player that matches the Primary or Secondary targets and the faction target will double the prestige earned.
Anyone whose player symbol matches the primary or secondary target symbols listed in your mission is a possible target. Once a mission has been assigned, you will notice that a timer starts to countdown on the website. After a few hours the timer will reach zero. If you have not found your target by then you can reset your current mission to get a new one.

Assassinating Players
If your target is performing an activity that would be disrupted by you approaching them, please wait for the player to finish their activity first. Players are encouraged to be creative when assassinating players, but please:
  • Do not use prop weapons.
  • Do not do things that could be considered threatening (Physical contact, close proximity, etc.).
  • Do not ruin someone's fun.
Confirming Kills
To complete your mission, you will need to enter the code on your target's Kill Confirm card on the Current Mission page of the site.

Do not take your target's Kill Confirm card.

Being assassinated
If a player approaches you and informs you they are your assassin, show them your Kill Confirm card, but DO NOT let them take it. Once they have recorded the code, they will hand it back to you.

Being assassinated does not adversely affect you, your score, or your mission.
25c85205b2e6b4aac0b6f34cc7ca1ed0_original.png?v=1435637491&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=7c92b8b0a75804b158183b13d04f918a
5abe26a4e3013d0c4656285faffe6875_original.png?v=1435638839&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=29a88bd53607df92005e7518e390901e
You've heard of corporations too big to fail? Sorengard is the merger offspring of three of these heavy-hitters. What do you get when you combine cutting edge software, advance medical procedures, and military hardware?

Everything.
f1e2f485caf205dc99f6e651aa3f3067_original.png?v=1436033091&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=4c2ed8051492103ceb2952c6fa330b91
The Kingsport Raiders are heavily involved with the procurement of occult objects and dealings with dark beings. They use their acquisitions to forward an unknown but assuredly malevolent purpose, acting swiftly and mercilessly against those who stand in their path.

Is it the call of the sea... or the dark whispers of an elder god?
ee5fbf753fcb1348a746046dbaa778a9_original.png?v=1435638785&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=60996d6354c13f3c393ae752cc45343e
The Robot Ninjas are difficult to believe. With little evidence of their actions beyond blurry footage, shaky testimonials and blood drenched scenes of slaughter, it's easy to see why their existence has been explained away for more understandable threats.

Does your heart burn with vengeance or cold, hard logic?
a1fdce776ba6db4d36ed51ef1b79198b_original.png?v=1435638798&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=c64ff2e40724fded1f9bce7da8e60f24
You figured the real world would be different: that your... hmm... special abilities would be better appreciated in the boardroom or classroom than in some dark alley. But no sooner is orientation over when every undead under the sun, and moon, comes out in full force.

Is it your first day and the end of the world?
f8e812cbb95bf41a7a3d0c1f50e2fe65_original.png?v=1435638810&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=34a577ba762919dab550803fdd7470f9
We aim to do very bad things. Hmm, that doesn't sound right at all... have to work on that. You need to understand we're not bad people, just more often than not seen in a bad light, and to be fair that's only from the people we're stealing from and they're biased.

Out of bullets, out of time, and out of luck?
07ebf75665a5c93ac0e47ebbe725b63a_original.png?v=1435638826&w=680&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=77947424e9ca341191a4e2593ab42c98
The Sparkly Pwnies were sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade into the underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as ponies of fortune.

If you have a problem, if no one can help, then maybe you can hire... The HAY-Team.
bdf75c80f5db7785fcfc2c4b5a918b3e_original.png?v=1440128424&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=460e4fd8fde0c0358d3ee4ff5f521a94
Meetups are pre-specified places and times where I'll be available to answer game questions or to resolve any issues you're experiencing. Meetups are also a great way to find and assassinate your fellow players! Meetups are free game and a great for racking up a few quick assassinations. Keep in mind that being assassinated:
  • Does not eliminate you from the game
  • Does not affect your score
  • Does not affect your current mission in any way

If you're having trouble tracking down your target the meetups are a great place to camp out! Specific details about meetups will be announced in this section closer to PAX. There will be at least two meetups every day; one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Meetup Schedule
All meetups will be in the International Meeting Place on Level 2, in front of the Juicy Cafe. From main entrances head up escalators to Level 2 then around (not up) the the escalators to Level 3.

Meetup Schedule
All meetups will be in the International Meeting Place on Level 2, in front of the Juicy Cafe. From main entrances head up escalators to Level 2 then around (not up) the the escalators to Level 3.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday Meetups
  • Morning Meetup: 10:00AM-10:30AM
    Stop in to pick up or buy a kit, ask a question about the game, find a target or grab some intel.
  • Afternoon Meetup: 3:00AM-3:30AM
    Stop in to pick up or buy a kit, ask a question about the game, find a target or grab some intel.

Monday Meetups
  • Morning Meetup: 10:00AM-10:30AM
  • Afternoon Meetup: 3:00AM-3:30AM
    Stop in to pick up or buy a kit, ask a question about the game, find a target or grab some intel, and join in on the group photo for the game!
  • Final Meetup (Unhosted): 6:00PM
    Stop by to grab one final kill, gather one last piece of intel, and say goodbye to all the friends and enemies you've made!

At all meetups look for my sign to find me:
p5drar2txz6p.png
What's next?
Don't see something covered here or uncertain about something? Got a suggestion or constructive criticism? Think this is awesome? Let me know below! I'm very excited about this years game and I hope you are too! If you're posting a question for me, please place @MarsChelios in your post so I can be alerted and respond promptly.

Current Mission
Assassins Ball grows primarily through word of mouth. With the all or nothing nature of Kickstarter I need your help to make sure Assassins Ball is at PAX Prime! Help me get the word out or let me know any suggestions you have on reaching people!

Your current mission is to get the word out. Tell your friends, tweet about it, bookface it, link it on linked in, do that google thing that didn't take off very well... you get the idea. Every person who hears about it is a potential player for you to kill.

MarsChelios on

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Bam, signed up! Always fun, this game.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    KarickKarick Registered User regular
    Our group of 4 is signed up.

• Options
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Bam, signed up! Always fun, this game.
    Karick wrote: »
    Our group of 4 is signed up.

Thanks @Dragon6860 and @Karick! :biggrin: What factions do you plan on picking?

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Kingsport Raiders. Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    YES YES YES... Seriously my favorite part of PAX!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've wanted to try this for a few years now. So this year I am.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    Last year was a BLAST with the new ruleset! I really enjoyed the "murder parties". =D

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    Never played before but excited to try it!

• Options
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Kingsport Raiders. Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
    Ah, my personal favorite! Though Sorengard may supplant them, we'll have to see how they do.
    PunkJr wrote: »
    YES YES YES... Seriously my favorite part of PAX!
    Last year was a BLAST with the new ruleset! I really enjoyed the "murder parties". =D
    Thanks @PunkJr and @shdwcaster! This years game is going to be even better! :D
    DashD wrote: »
    I've wanted to try this for a few years now. So this year I am.
    Never played before but excited to try it!
    Welcome @DashD and @DapperPumpkin! Let me know if you have any questions!

• Options
    GorgolGorgol Registered User new member
    Never played before but looking forward to trying it this year.

• Options
    I'm going to check out Sorengard this year, instead of my usual Kingsport Raiders as well. I'm quite intrigued, especially being a Seattle resident.

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • Options
    Gorgol wrote: »
    Never played before but looking forward to trying it this year.
    Welcome @Gorgol! Let me know if you have any questions!

• Options
    It's update time, chiiiiiiildren! Here's some news on our meetup structure and a new community created meetup called the Murder Spot.

Meetups
    Meetups are pre-specified places and times where I'll be available for things like handing out kits, answering game questions, resolving issues you're experiencing, or just chatting. Meetups are also a way to meet and assassinate your fellow players! Meetups are a great way to rack up a few quick assassinations or grab some intel in between PAX activities and we advise you hit up as many as you can.

Specific info about meetups will be announced closer to PAX but expect that there will be two meetups every day; one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Murder Spots
    Murder Spots are unhosted places and times where players can gather, meet for a bit and get quick assassination or collect some intel. Like meetups Murder Spots will be scheduled throughout each day but you can start your own Murder Spot by tweeting a place and time to us @PAXAssassins and add the #murderspot hashtag. We'll review and retweet to players as fast as we can to get the word out.

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    This sounds like a lot of fun. Not sure if I am getting how it works though. As I am walking around PAX, if I see someone with a badge I can go up and kill them? All the while trying not to be noticed by others and getting "killed" myself?

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    This sounds like a lot of fun. Not sure if I am getting how it works though. As I am walking around PAX, if I see someone with a badge I can go up and kill them? All the while trying not to be noticed by others and getting "killed" myself?

Sorta. In years past it was much as you describe, since once you got assassinated, you were out of the game. However, with the new rule update, there's no real penalty for dying, so everyone can keep playing! =)

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the interest and questions @Fenrisfang!
    As I am walking around PAX, if I see someone with a badge I can go up and kill them?
    You won't be able to kill anyone you see, just people who match one of the symbols shown on your mission. I'm revising the way missions are displayed right now so I'm going to use an example image from a previous game to illustrate this:
    mgbfbw6trarx.png

As you can see above a mission has three elements: Primary Target, Secondary Target and Faction. To successfully assassinate a player (meaning the website confirms the kill, you get prestige for it and a new mission) your target will need to have a symbol on their badge matching a symbol shown in the Primary or Secondary Target sections of the mission.

Hypothetically let's say they don't match. You can still walk up to that player and gather Intel from them for a small amount of prestige and you'll continue to be able to gather intel from them over the course of PAX (unless you kill them, in which case you won't). Basically, you will be able to interact with every player in some way, either by assassinating them or gathering intel from them.

Now, let's say that player does match the mission above, with this badge:
    d0ikedlsbq3c.png

This player would net you 100 prestige for the kill, since their badge symbol matches up with with Secondary Targets. Because this players faction is Sorengard, they don't match the optional faction of the mission, so points would not be doubled.
    All the while trying not to be noticed by others and getting "killed" myself?
    Sorta. In years past it was much as you describe, since once you got assassinated, you were out of the game. However, with the new rule update, there's no real penalty for dying, so everyone can keep playing! =)
    @PunkJr is right on the money here. While you can try to not be noticed, and there are players who will do this :), there's no way to evade if someone approaches and announces they are your assassin. Your deaths are tracked by the game but you receive no penalties to prestige, missions, etc.

Great questions! Let me know if you have any more.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    More updates! Here's some details on a new mechanic coming to Assassins Ball: Rise of Sorengard, Bounties. Prepare to be admonished.

6e15c6158606e56849bdcee000ff1b60_original.png?v=1436499554&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=187daaad554f0f21cfe0aab369a7a493
    The factions are unhappy. They've lauded your actions, rewarded your deeds with prestige, but there is no mistake: You have betrayed your own. Over the course of 2 years you and yours have assassinated members of your own faction. Not once, not twice but 147 times. How did your faction do?
    f00cb92e7cfd24e2590657bcb921e911_original.png?v=1436500099&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=7ee07f086e208adba562779482281d94
    bd557444d7d5dedd0abcf9317969545c_original.png?v=1436533537&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=e74212aa0ee3fa3715e562325705f75d

2a8257d10891c65d7ddc0419b9002156_original.png?v=1436494568&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=68e690e0fc735edd3c8bbf4fce912551
    The factions are unhappy, to say the least. You've been given free reign for too long and all factions are taking steps to curtail overzealous assassins.

Performing certain actions in the game will now cause a bounty to be placed on your head. Step lightly or you may get more attention than you bargained for.
    0b80e80d9f132e3b5d62b028867d1fb6_original.png?v=1436501190&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=8c8286ad4d5c561249b492e4d2399bc7
    Bounties are a dynamic addition to the game driven by player actions. When a player performs one of the following actions a bounty is created:
    • Assassinating a member of your own faction.
    • Assassinating too many members of a specific faction.
    • Rising too high on the leaderboards.

Bounties are an add-on to missions and, like missions, don't target just a single player but a group of them. When you step out of line you'll endanger those who share your traits as well.

Bounties can be broken down into two parameters:
    • Bounty Target - The bounties specific shape and color to assassinate.
    • Faction Target - The bounties specific faction to assassinate.
    A player with a bounty on them doesn't mean any player can target them. In fact, you will only see active bounties for players who match the Primary or Secondary targets of your current mission.

Note that to redeem bounties both the bounty target and faction are required to match.

Redeeming Bounties

Bounties are redeemed when you assassinate a player that matches the symbol and faction for an active bounty. The game will automatically detect if a bounty exists for a player and redeem the highest prestige bounty available.

Each bounty is worth a set amount of prestige that is added to the mission that you redeemed the bounty on. Only one bounty can be redeemed per kill, so make them count.
    db50d4eeb01507e9b2bbc5807621890c_original.png?v=1436503622&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=d500a5de9a3beaa69eac4a6042d66b4c

Depending on the action that generated the bounty there may be restrictions that allow or prevent a specific faction from redeeming the bounty.

In the event a bounty goes unredeemed for too long then that bounty will "escalate", causing restrictions to be relaxed and opening the bounty up to the general population of players. As bounties escalate their prestige increases and will continue to increase as long as the bounty goes unredeemed, up to a maximum limit.
    09ae8ff7083d27390a78db5accdb0f7d_original.png?v=1436504780&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=def8f581bec9b9e406f232d48cf33e11

Excited yet? I hope so, because just sharing these updates with you is giving me goose bumps.

Let me know your thoughts, ideas, and constructive criticisms in the comments below. I'd love to hear about other situations where you'd like to see a bounties created!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sounds like fun! I have looked at this thread my last two times at PAX but wasn't to sure...this year I think I will join in the fun!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    ottergalottergal Registered User regular
    I've played the last.... how many years have you been doing this at Prime? The last 3 at least. Thinking I am in again this year... I need to review my PAX strategy. For anyone on the fence..... do it. :)

• Options
    nil8rnil8r SeattleRegistered User regular
    I've never played, but I'm intrigued. Sounds like a great way to spend the time!

--Mel

signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    ottergal wrote: »
    I've played the last.... how many years have you been doing this at Prime? The last 3 at least. Thinking I am in again this year... I need to review my PAX strategy. For anyone on the fence..... do it. :)
    Thanks @ottergal! :D
    nil8r wrote: »
    I've never played, but I'm intrigued. Sounds like a great way to spend the time!
    Thanks! :) Let me know if you have any questions!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Wanted to talk a bit about some improvements made for the PAX East game that have not been covered yet. These improvements affect how the game determines which missions to give you and how long it takes for them to reset.

Mission Difficulty
    The game now attempts to estimate the difficulty of the different mission parameters (Primary target, Secondary targets and Faction target). A mission's difficulty is set when it is generated based on the current population of the game. Difficulty is a representation of how hard it will be to find a missions possible targets. The game estimates a difficulty from a simple kill (Secondary target only) to the perfect kill (Primary target & Faction); Missions deemed too difficult will not be assigned.

The difficulty of a mission affects how long it takes for it to be reset; as difficulty increases the reset time decreases. This means that should you receive a mission with a hard difficulty you won't have to wait as long to reset it as a mission with an easy difficulty.
    Note that this doesn't necessarily mean that you can find your target any easier, but it does mean the game will not give you a mission that is impossible/extremely difficult to complete. It also will give you a good indication on whether you should reset your mission or continue to hunt for your current target.

Mission Ranking
    A missions rank is set when it's confirmed and represents how closely your target matched the mission parameters. A simple kill receives the lowest rank (D) while a perfect kill receives the highest rank (A).

Mission ranks are currently used as a tie breaker. Players who complete missions that overall rank higher will show up higher than similar scoring players with lower ranked missions in the leaderboards.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Convinced a few friends to join! Would you recommend we be in the same faction? Different factions? Does it really matter?

DapperPumpkin on
  • Options
    Convinced a few friends to join! Would you recommend we be in the same faction? Different factions? Does it really matter?
    Thanks again for sharing! It could matter in some situations, ex. there's a greater chance to get more points if you were all different factions and were okay assassinating each other, but I'd suggest you picking whichever factions you like. Even they were the same faction as you, you'd still be able to assassin them if they matched your mission. :)

• Options
    davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    I thought it was a no-no to assassinate someone in your own faction. I am reading your own post above about 147 assassinations over the years of members of the assassins own faction and the new bounty feature. I'm confused. :(

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    davobah wrote: »
    I thought it was a no-no to assassinate someone in your own faction. I am reading your own post above about 147 assassinations over the years of members of the assassins own faction and the new bounty feature. I'm confused. :(
    The factions frown upon it because they would rather you kill enemy agents than your own members, but there's nothing in the rules that prevents you from doing it. The bounty mechanic is there to add a consequence to actions like assassinating a player from your faction.

I should add that having a bounty on your head has no negative effects, aside from giving players extra prestige when they assassinate you. Bounties are less something for you to avoid getting and more something that you should be aware of when choosing a target.

Good question. :) Let me know if you have any more!

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    tokyovoguetokyovogue Registered User new member
    This is probably super obvious - but where do I go to sign up??

• Options
    tokyovogue wrote: »
    This is probably super obvious - but where do I go to sign up??
    If you head to the game website (http://phenixone.com) you'll see the link to the Kickstarter campaign so you can get a kit to play. :)

• Options
    Update time! This update discusses a new element being added in Assassins Ball: Rise of Sorengard, Challenges.
    821fcaa0d0f172561a096653f247254e_original.png?v=1437866293&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=b2e25caa5b05a7d75e0d83e8b34d8b4d

Prestige is the measure of an assassin's skill but it can't give the full account of your deeds, just the magnitude. Challenges in Assassins Ball: Rise of Sorengard fill this role: recognition for completing specific tasks. Challenges are based on your interactions with other players in the game. A simple challenge would be to 'Gather Intel 5 times' where a more complex challenge would be to 'Kill one or more players from each enemy faction'.

You'll be able to complete challenges based on, but not limited to, the following actions:
    • Assassinating Players
    • Gathering Intel
    • Redeeming Bounties
    • Completing Challenges (Meta!)
    Almost all challenges can be viewed, along with your progress in them, on the website. Some challenges will be hidden from view until completed.
    fd36e1f3936e056d785b6f646f5608f8_original.png?v=1437866880&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=2c9833c302c2c697fc52a40580038fdc
    A few challenges will be limited to a limited number of players who first complete the required task (First Blood, anyone?). Players at the morning meetups each day will be able to access a special challenge available for that day only. Completing these challenges will place you in the running for special prizes!
    09ae8ff7083d27390a78db5accdb0f7d_original.png?v=1437866376&w=639&fit=max&auto=format&lossless=true&s=c359e316b24e2c42afc46f617ecf0544
    Are you up for the challenge? What challenges would you like to see in the game? Let me know in the comments below! :)

• Options
    Challenges sound great! They're kind of like achievements, right? Also, to clarify: can we be working on multiple challenges at the same time?

• Options
    Challenges sound great! They're kind of like achievements, right? Also, to clarify: can we be working on multiple challenges at the same time?
    Thanks! Yep, they work just like Achievements, Trophies, etc. Challenges work off of your actions and interactions with other players in the game, so you'll be working towards any challenge you can see as you play. Secret challenges won't show their requirements but your actions still go towards them.

There will be some challenges you'll have to unlock to work towards, though. More info on these closer to PAX :wink:

• Options
    Not much longer to sign up!

• Options
    angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    When does sign up close? I have to wait until this next friday D:

angelicstubborness on
  • Options
    When does sign up close? I have to wait until this next friday D:
    The kickstarter will end Wednesday but there will be other ways to get kits to play afterwards, will post about that tomorrow. :)

• Options
    I was listening to our interview from last year & was reminded of the whole idea behind "Arms Dealers". Did that ever pan out? *laugh*

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
  • Options
    I was listening to our interview from last year & was reminded of the whole idea behind "Arms Dealers". Did that ever pan out? *laugh*
    Lol not yet but new roles is on the short list for future games, along with a few other things. :winky:

• Options
    DeToX86DeToX86 Registered User regular
    Can you give me an idea of how many players you typically have at PAX? I'm interested, but with only about 40 people in on the KS it seems like it would be very unlikely to find someone to assassinate?

Thanks in advance.

• Options
    The number of backers is lower than number of participants. For example, I'm only one backer but I've backed the 5 pack level to consolidate the kits for my group of friends. MarsChelios will have a more accurate response but I would estimate around 100 ($10 per kit, plus some premium kits). Also, it's my understanding that there are some meetups in case you're having trouble finding people in the wild.

• Options
    DeToX86 wrote: »
    Can you give me an idea of how many players you typically have at PAX? I'm interested, but with only about 40 people in on the KS it seems like it would be very unlikely to find someone to assassinate?
    Thanks in advance.
    The last two games we've ended with between 75 and 100 players; at East this year we had around 75 players. Right now, there's 55 people from the kickstarter playing.

There's no guarantee you'll find a player regardless of how many people are playing, though the more that play the higher the likelihood you will. As @DapperPumpkin mentions, there will be meetups throughout the day (morning and afternoon) to meet players and find targets, gather intel, etc. A lot of people employ friends or team up with other players to help find targets as well. :)