As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Housing situation freaking me way out

2»

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    There was a bit of excitement left, sistwrs boyfriend/my best friend's mom wanted to take me straight to a homeless shelter when I couldn't find a place the same day. And sat me down for a lecture on my bad dwxisions firs. My momloaded up and drove from ms to il to get me instead, was pretty mad cuz my friend lived with us for a few months in high school. In a hotel on the way back to Mississippi,going to be able to stay with mom and her sister until the first. Keeping my dog, too. Thinking I might find a place in Memphis, I grew up there and it's 30 miles from where my mother is living, in case either of us needs help while we get our lives on track.

Kamar on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Good, that's probably for the best.

Any support network will come in handy when situations like this inevitably happen.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity, if you work from home and don't have any other personal commitments, why did you move to Iowa in the first place?

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    There was a bit of excitement left, sistwrs boyfriend/my best friend's mom wanted to take me straight to a homeless shelter when I couldn't find a place the same day. And sat me down for a lecture on my bad dwxisions firs. My momloaded up and drove from ms to il to get me instead, was pretty mad cuz my friend lived with us for a few months in high school. In a hotel on the way back to Mississippi,going to be able to stay with mom and her sister until the first. Keeping my dog, too. Thinking I might find a place in Memphis, I grew up there and it's 30 miles from where my mother is living, in case either of us needs help while we get our lives on track.

I know when I leave a shitty situation that is causing me massive amounts of stress the first thing I want is a lecture about "bad decisions"

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Making bad decisions is being human. Absolutely do not beat yourself up about the situation. You got taken advantage of, it happens. You now have experience under your belt to avoid a similar situation in the future. We've all been through dealing with poor decisions, including your mother. She should know better.

Also, you look nice in that shirt.

• Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Your best friend's mom wanted to take you to a homeless shelter? Holy shit that's screwed up.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Making bad decisions is being human. Absolutely do not beat yourself up about the situation. You got taken advantage of, it happens. You now have experience under your belt to avoid a similar situation in the future. We've all been through dealing with poor decisions, including your mother. She should know better.

Also, you look nice in that shirt.

Not my mom, sorry if fhat was unclear. My best friend from high school is my sister's boyfriend; his mom, whom they are staying with, sat me down for a lecture and planned to take me to a shelter. When my mom found out she drove through the night to get me.

And my friend and sister were 100% not onboard with this, they got lectured too, lest anyone think poorly of them.

Kamar on
  • Options
    I think this story has reached its end, now. I'm sitting at a makeshift desk, at my own computer, in a room of my own at my mom's place in Mississipi; not in the living room or the like as I expected, but an unused addition I can have to myself until I get out of here. I barely staved off the work deadline demons during this hectic mess, so I've got to go rush through a few jobs now.

Thanks for being here, guys.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think this story has reached its end, now. I'm sitting at a makeshift desk, at my own computer, in a room of my own at my mom's place in Mississipi; not in the living room or the like as I expected, but an unused addition I can have to myself until I get out of here. I barely staved off the work deadline demons during this hectic mess, so I've got to go rush through a few jobs now.

Thanks for being here, guys.
    Make sure your mom knows that random people from the internet think she's cool.

• Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    I own and rent a home in Iowa (Waterloo) you needed to have a lease with the LL. As a landlord that had a tenet cause nearly 25k in damages, please let their LL know that they have some shady shit going on and he/she needs to find new tenets.

I hope everything works out for you! I would love to help out a fellow Iowan, but I'm living down in southern Missouri at the moment. :(

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams