As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wet Hot American [TV] Thread

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man, that last episode of Hannibal

whew

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    It's weird going straight into Frasier after Cheers, since opening episode of Frasier is him and Niles being upper crust about going to a barbeque restaurant, when just 6-7 episodes ago in Cheers, I saw Frasier and Norm drunkenly destroy a huge plate of ribs by hand.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    It's weird going straight into Frasier after Cheers, since opening episode of Frasier is him and Niles being upper crust about going to a barbeque restaurant, when just 6-7 episodes ago in Cheers, I saw Frasier and Norm drunkenly destroy a huge plate of ribs by hand.

Niles brings out the worst in Frasier. Cheers brings out the best in everyone.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    On the cartoon subject.. Anyone else been watching We Bare Bears?

It's really good.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Is the next episode of Mr. Robot the last one?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

whew

This season has been absolutely bonkers and I'm increasingly sure they filmed it thinking that this is the end of the show.

But man, it's going out pushing all the boundaries of what a network tv series can do.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

whew

This season has been absolutely bonkers and I'm increasingly sure they filmed it thinking that this is the end of the show.

But man, it's going out pushing all the boundaries of what a network tv series can do.

I mean I know I didn't expect
    to see Chilton's lips bitten entirely off

also at least he'll save a fortune on chapstick! Silver linings, people!

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

I really, really love the choice to, instead of having Frasier's brother be a contrasting figure who is the opposite of his brother, that they went ahead and made Niles even more Frasier than Frasier could be.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Now I'm both worried and curious as to what's actually going to happen on the finale of Mr. Robot that could be similar to the tragedy.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    My roommate is watching America's Next Top Model and all the models are getting haircuts

A model just said he was nervous about having his big hair cut off because it's his personality

Like, he said that utterly sincerely

Imagine how tragic that life is, where your haircut is your personality

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

I really, really love the choice to, instead of having Frasier's brother be a contrasting figure who is the opposite of his brother, that they went ahead and made Niles even more Frasier than Frasier could be.

I really really love

David Hyde Pierce

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

I really really love

David Hyde Pierce

I have a fun story for you some time

• Options
    I have a dark suspicion that this story is not actually fun.

• Options

It is! It's really fun, and involves him being very nice!

It just ain't an "internet forum that anybody anywhere can read" sort of story

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Nobody who was in both Wet Hot American Summers could be a bad person

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

It is! It's really fun, and involves him being very nice!

It just ain't an "internet forum that anybody anywhere can read" sort of story

oh well in that case

bring it on, whenever we find a suitable venue

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    david hyde pierce opted to forego being credited as the voice of abe sapien in the first hellboy movie because he felt doug jones' performance is what really brought the character to life and deserved the credit

he is a cool dude

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    david hyde pierce opted to forego being credited as the voice of abe sapien in the first hellboy movie because he felt doug jones' performance is what really brought the character to life and deserved the credit

he is a cool dude

doug jones originally recorded all the audio as well for the abe sapien role, only to be told at the last minute he was being replaced because he wasn't a big enough star

when david hyde pierce found all that out, he listened to and specifically mimicked all of doug jones's lines, opted to forego credit, and declined doing any interviews or press for the project, causing the studio's plan to specifically backfire, all because, like you said, he felt doug jones was the character

all of which is a big reason doug jones got to voice the character in The Golden Army

he is indeed a good dude

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can order Domino's by twitter, text, emoji, from my TV, online, on my smart watch, or by calling.

This commercial is telling me the future is now!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    For some reason I thought I had read an article a while back which said that David Hyde Pierce had became the mayor of Seattle, but clearly I must have dreamt it.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    No you're thinking of Kyle McLachlan, who is the mayor of Portland.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I can order Domino's by twitter, text, emoji, from my TV, online, on my smart watch, or by calling.

This commercial is telling me the future is now!

I haven't ordered food by speaking into a phone for like... three years.

It's awesome.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My roommate is watching America's Next Top Model and all the models are getting haircuts

A model just said he was nervous about having his big hair cut off because it's his personality

Like, he said that utterly sincerely

Imagine how tragic that life is, where your haircut is your personality

America's Next Top Model is the best

I can't wait to watch that episode, makeover episode is always one of the better ones of the season

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Vivienne and I were watching my guilty pleasure (ink master)

We came up with a new game, every time they bleep a word out we pretend they said puppies.

• Options
    I love ink master

• Options
    Although I wish they would stop with the team stuff. Tattooing is a solo thing.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I like the tattooing side.

Honestly I'm not that down with the pointless nastiness that comes along with the show.

• Options
    Yeah, we watch it for the art not for the drama. Half the time I fast forward past all but the tattooing and the judging.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Now I'm both worried and curious as to what's actually going to happen on the finale of Mr. Robot that could be similar to the tragedy.

Spoiler but only in like the reason why
    From Alan Sepinwall's site - "features a very graphic on-camera shooting. It's not identical to the tragedy this morning in Virginia, where a TV reporter and cameraman were murdered during a live broadcast, but it was close enough that USA understandably decided it was wise to put a bit of distance between the real and fictional events. No one who watched tonight would be thinking about anything else."

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I got Orphan Black Season 3 in the mail earlier this week and just finished watching.
    Helena and Allison remain the best clones. Watching the Blooper real, I was also really surprised to find that Helena's imaginary scorpion was actually portrayed by a real scorpion and not CG (at least not in all of it's scenes, as there are bloopers of her freaking out about it crawling on her).

I was kind of surprised Helena didn't really tell anyone about her frozen eggs (except Donnie, near the end). I kind of thought the whole reason that the canister was left in Felix's apartment last season was so that the eggs could somehow be used to cure Cosima (since Rachel destroyed Kira's bone marrow samples, and more couldn't be drawn for some time). They seemed to kind of hint towards that when Kira found the canister, but then we didn't see it again until Helena came back and hid it somewhere else.

Cosima remains the worst of the main clones, and continues to make terrible decisions despite being the "smart" one. Though at least her plot was a little better than last season. I also thought it was kind of awful when she flatly refused to help out Allison by impersonating her and had to be forced into it, especially when Allison and Sarah have both impersonated other clones for the good of the entire group on repeated occasions (even if reluctantly). Heck, even Rachel & Helena have impersonated other clones (though for their own benefit, not for the group's benefit), making Cosima the last of the main clones to do so.

I was really surprised with what they did with Rachel this season. I was just expecting her to have an eye patch but otherwise still be her usual ruthless evil-businesswoman self. Instead, she actually suffered rather severe brain damage from her injury and basically had everything taken away from her. It'll be interesting to see what happens with her next season.

It was also funny to see Ferdinand switch sides to help the group purely on the grounds of "Fuck Neolutionists!"

Speaking of Neolutionists, what kind of genetic modification would that guy have to cough up maggots or whatever? And why would he want to force someone else to swallow the maggot he's coughing up? That was a bit strange.

I was wondering if the actor portraying the Castor clones would be able to hang in Tatiana Maslany's league, and the answer was no...but the script didn't really call for him to. Only two of his clones were given any depth at all, and most of the others were killed off quickly or with no development. Oddly, they said there were six Castor clones, but we only ever saw five. Though presumably at least one must have already "glitched out" and died since they knew roughly what to expect.

Also, they kind of didn't address Gracie's illness at all. They basically indirectly stated that because she slept with Mark, that's why she lost her baby and she's now presumably sterile. Also, if they're going to stay together until he dies, won't she just get badly ill if they sleep together? Though maybe since Mark helped them and they have the original data now, they may be planning on helping him. They didn't really tie up Mark & Gracie's plots very well though, but maybe it's because they weren't sure if the actors would be back for Season 4 or not.

One thing I'd really like to see is flashbacks to before Sarah came into the group so that we can see more of the clones that have already died.

Like, an episode focusing on Katja in Europe finding out about the other European clones being hunted, and then (temporarily) escaping Helena and making it to Canada where she teams up with Beth and meets Allison and such. Or just do the whole thing from Beth's point of view and cover her meeting Katja and discovering they're clones and everything leading up to her death.

Lars on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    In Canada for the week, was able to see the Hannibal finale

Ho

ly

fuck

Perfect in every way

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Hahahaha holy shit McKinley got laid!

(Finally watching Wet Hot American Summer)

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Also, I am really suprised how good some of these kids are.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    A ninth-circuit judge cited John Oliver in a ruling.

Good God, I love what this man is accomplishing.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Holy shit

Rick Potion #9

Holy SHIT

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    "Look on down from the briiiiiidge"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.