As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] The Crate Depression

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    dammit, I got up early and everything.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    rip honc

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    there is no god

only

matchmaking

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    welp

Is your server updated?

gtrmp on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    welp. I got to wander around doing nothing but kill talkative mooks while waiting for players to join. this competitive thing is really something.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    every comp game that I've joined ended with someone ragequitting when their team started losing, meaning that the entire game didn't count for anyone else even if the rest of the server played it through to completion

• Options
    muselk is also team pyro, it seems

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Why 6s?

• Options
    It's no secret that Casual Mode has had a rough launch. We wanted to give you an update on what we're doing to address your concerns.

Short version: We hear you. Later today, we will be shipping a patch to Casual Mode that will remove the penalties for abandoning a game, and allow you to narrow your game mode selections from two modes to a single mode before queuing. Additionally, in the very near future, we will be shipping a more comprehensive Casual Mode patch that will let you select the maps you will be matched into.

We've provided a more detailed breakdown of Casual Mode's issues and how we are addressing your concerns below.

First, and most important, queue times. The queue times you are currently experiencing are a bug, not a feature. It is something we are actively working to correct. Several backend issues appeared post-launch that culminated in long wait times. Removing this issue is our highest priority right now.

Second, abandonment penalties. We had put in a ten-minute cooldown period to encourage players to complete matches. Your feedback has convinced us that it is more important for players to be able to come and go as they please. Today's patch will remove abandonment cooldown penalties from Casual Mode.

Third, user choice. We'd intended to roll out the number of match options available to players incrementally, so as not to overload the matchmaking system with too many variables on Day One. In retrospect, of all the match options to hold back, map selection should not have been one of them. It is the next feature we are adding to Casual Mode, and you will get it very soon.

Fourth, Casual Mode levels. Levels are a cosmetic feature that show how much you've played. They can never be lost, and they do not affect matchmaking. We did a poor job of communicating that Casual Mode Levels are in no way similar to Competitive Mode Ranks (which do affect matchmaking, and can be lost).

Finally, we wanted to note that we value the role the community plays in the development of this game, and do in fact read all the feedback sent to us, as well as through reddit, the forums, streams, and more. We are not always as talkative as we perhaps should be, but we are listening.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Okay, looks like we're back up and running.

Although if anyone knows a cvar to be able to run payload maps in the stopwatch mode ala the queue without using tournament mode, that'd be awesome.

EDIT: and of course SM is broken. dangit.

EDIT: Think I got it now.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    And of course, they drop that update.

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Updated Casual Mode
    Removed the abandonment penalty
    Players are only required to have a single mode selected before queuing

Fixed a dedicated server crash caused by projectiles from the Pomson 6000 and the Righteous Bison
    Fixed being able to damage yourself to gain Hype while using The Soda Popper
    Changed how much metal destroyed objects drop and fixed destroyed teleporters dropping more metal than intended
    Fixed the Bonesaw not working properly while using viewmodel minmode
    Fixed the Spy and Engineer not being able to equip the Prinny Machete

You know... I'm not sure if I like removing the abandonment penalty. Just got done with a match where we were down three men due to people just dropping, and that sucked.

I dunno, maybe let people do old Quick-Play for no XP rewards, and rename Casual to Unranked.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    I'm very okay with keep quick play out of this for awhile. The youtuber crew thing I'm part of is putting together funds to bring online a butt load of US and EU servers to help fill the void Valve left. This could be GREAT for community servers (and therefore custom maps.)

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    You know... I'm not sure if I like removing the abandonment penalty. Just got done with a match where we were down three men due to people just dropping, and that sucked.

Voting is disabled entirely in casual matches, so you can't kick obvious hackers, and with the abandonment penalty in place you couldn't quit without screwing yourself either.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Pass time mode is just uggggghhhhhhhhh.
    Or at least at the moment in pubs.
    The winning strategy being to have Sentries at your goal and hope they don't build any at theirs. Because if the attacker dies at the enemy base then they have to slog all the way back through however many spawning players, and so without some heavy team stacking enough attackers die that the Sentries are never ever threatened.
    Couldn't destroy the nest because too many enemies to sneak past and spawning in, and even if I did, that means I don't have the jack and so have to hope my team caps before the Sentries come back.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    The winning strategy being to have Sentries at your goal and hope they don't build any at theirs. Because if the attacker dies at the enemy base then they have to slog all the way back through however many spawning players, and so without some heavy team stacking enough attackers die that the Sentries are never ever threatened.
    Couldn't destroy the nest because too many enemies to sneak past and spawning in, and even if I did, that means I don't have the jack and so have to hope my team caps before the Sentries come back.

Sounds like a spy's wet dream

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Sounds like CTF

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »

Sounds like a spy's wet dream
    turtleant wrote: »
    Sounds like CTF

That would be your mother.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    wait, tf2 is over a hundred gigs to install?

...I don't have room for it :|

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's 18 gigs on my drive

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    fuck me, I was looking at space available

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    turtleant wrote: »
    Sounds like CTF

Well.. It's CTF if the map were three times as big.
    So think CTF_Well before they changed the map away from CP_Well.

But also you can't start walking the flag by yourself if you destroy the nest in their base.

discrider on
  • Options
    Really good Overwatch vs TF2 comparison
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hj1haLcdI0

• Options
    WE STILL LIVE, DAMN IT. WE STILL LIVE.

• Options
    Man this new patch makes me fucking grumpy.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Home is spelled h o n c.

• Options
    If you guys are struggling to find some non-shitty pubs to play around on, I just helped chip in to start a buttload of them.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    pOEcPQi.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    That is a very high-quality video.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    So yeah, I've been busy.

Today was a crazy day, and I'm so stoked to finally get to show this stuff off!

• Options
    Oh hey, good patch today!
    Updated Casual Mode
    - Fixed a problem where in-progress games with open slots would not receive new players
    - Fixed a case where players would sometimes not receive experience (when playing a match to completion)
    - Fixed not getting domination/revenge events
    - Added a feature to the game mode selection screen that allows players to play on specific maps
    - Added the Vote Kick option
    - Players that are kicked will receive partial experience after the match ends
    - Maps previously using the stopwatch timer will now play to completion, regardless of the first team's time

Added a "Create Server" button to the "Find a Game" menu
    Fixed the party chat window sometimes not drawing
    Fixed Australium weapons not drawing correctly in the character loadout screen
    Updated the Dr's Dapper Topper to fix a material issue
    Thanks to Justin G., aka sigsegv, for these reports:
    - Fixed sentry buster sounds not being cleaned up properly after detonating
    - Fixed a bug related to bot death detection

Updated Taunt: The Balloonibounce to end the taunt if the player is moved
    Fixed a regression in the Pyro's flamethrower where flames could sometimes damage players behind obstacles and walls
    PASS Time update
    - Updated several HUD materials to support mat_picmip
    - Fixed seeing the wrong cap limit in the win panel

• Options
    The map selection thing in Casual mode is pretty cool, it actually shows you if people are playing specific maps so you know if you'll find a game quickly:
    NIgxJ1B.png

• Options
    if this pack gets some official attention, that's a good excuse to jump back in for a bit

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    - Maps previously using the stopwatch timer will now play to completion, regardless of the first team's time

Really? I thought saving time on hopeless games was one of the pluses of stopwatch.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    server nerds!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Be there shortly!

• Options
    Getting there, just need to boot up and also eat dinner

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Convoy, but with Zeppelins

VRXwDW7.png