As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Bad" Food Thread: A Whole Night of Self-Doubt, Regret and Food Baby

Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!"Registered User regular
edited November 2015 in Social Entropy++
As a life-long theme park enthusiast, I freakin' LOVE theme park food. Some of my favorites are at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in Orlando.

IslandsOfAdventure175.jpg

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. Note that there is no one in line because they are only opened seasonally, not because the burgers are terrible.

universalstudioscathyin.jpg

Nothing says "hey, let's get some ice cream" quite like a spread-eagled comics character.

kyrcl.png
Mego Thor on

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I made a pepperoni melt last night, it was absolutely delicious! Before I buttered the outsides, I lightly buttered the insides of the bread and put some garlic powder on it, then put a slice each of mozz, provolone, and cheddar, with pepperoni in between the cheeses.

And before we get into that, I call it a pepperoni melt because I feel that is a more apt description.

Last weekend I made grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches. I call them that instead of a bacon melt because, to me, a bacon melt could be a grilled cheese and bacon, or it could be a BLT melt. "Bacon melt" isn't quite specific enough for me.

And now I really want a BLT melt for lunch.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    Yay the bad food thread is back finally! I got KFC/Taco Bell over the weekend. :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I had half a package of Lemon Oreos
    They are better than I thought

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Most of the times that I go to see a movie is because I'm craving movie theatre popcorn.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    Yay the bad food thread is back finally! I got KFC/Taco Bell over the weekend. :D

I needed somewhere to brag about the smoked brisket and baby back ribs I made over the weekend (OMG, so good!), but didn't want to start out a new thread with it.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Had a biscuit sausage egg and cheese from McD's this morning. Held me over till 1PM.

Take that "healthy breakfasts" and "nutrition"!

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Most of the times that I go to see a movie is because I'm craving movie theatre popcorn.

I like the movie theater cheese fries. :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    On the subject of movie popcorn, every time I go to concessions and overhear someone requesting popcorn with no butter or salt I can practically see the employees wishing for death to come take either the customer or themselves.

• Options
    I always ask for extra butter

• Options
    At the movie theater near me, there's a little stand where you can add your own butter and salt. My boyfriend tries to kill us with amount he adds to the popcorn. :? :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Extra butter they will gladly do. No butter/salt means they have to dedicate an entire machine to no butter/salt at the beginning of the day, so becoming overwhelmed with orders for regular popcorn because of production issues is greater, and they have to haul out the special popcorn from the dark corner of the Abyssal Storeroom because normal movie popcorn has salt and butter already in it.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    No butter, but they do have a caramel flavored powder you can put on the popcorn that makes it taste like pancakes.

We call it popcakes.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I always ask for extra butter
    The theaters I go to you have to butter your own popcorn. They have the pseudo-butter on tap next to the coke machines.

Sadly, that means that only the top inch or so of popcorn gets any butter because the bags are stuffed too full to shake it around. Of course the alternative to that is pissed off customers griping about only getting 3/4s of a bag of popcorn for their money, which nobody wants to stand behind that person in line.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Around here extra butter is like

2.50 extra

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Do the straw trick to get that butter "butter" in the middle.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I hate movie theater food because you can easily get charged like 40 bucks for 2 pops a small popcorn and a box of candy.

Like that is twice the price of my tickets, I'ma just go without snacks, thanks.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    At the movie theater near me, there's a little stand where you can add your own butter and salt. My boyfriend tries to kill us with amount he adds to the popcorn. :? :)

I don't care for movie theater "butter", but Lady Sif always complains about how much salt I put on our popcorn. If you don't salt it enough, the popcorn at the bottom will be plain!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    I hate movie theater food because you can easily get charged like 40 bucks for 2 pops a small popcorn and a box of candy.

Like that is twice the price of my tickets, I'ma just go without snacks, thanks.

I'll just sneak in a 2 lb bag of Sour Patch kids under my jacket or in my pockets.

I like big pockets.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Yeah the movie theater food prices are completely ridiculous. If I'm feeling stingy I'll just sneak in McDonald's or something since there's one down the street. Yay for big purses!

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As a large man who has no need for a purse or a coat.

I feel left out on sneaking food into theaters.

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm pretty sure cargo shorts were invented for sneaking food into theaters.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    Wasn't it just last week that Regal theaters announced that they would start searching folks for "weapons"?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Wasn't it just last week that Regal theaters announced that they would start searching folks for "weapons"?

http://www.today.com/popculture/regal-cinemas-begin-searching-bags-theaters-prior-admission-t39756

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't think weapons needs scare quotes there

That seems like a very legitimate thing, these days

• Options
    I put it in quotes because I really believe it's to dissuade people from bringing in snacks.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    There's a restaurant in town called Biskit Junkie. Just biscuit sandwiches. I had the Hungry Man: Fried chicken, candied bacon, gravy and American cheese. It was fantastic.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    I once snuck a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough into a movie theater and ate the whole thing like a giant candy bar. I miss my 16yo metabolism.

• Options
    I put it in quotes because I really believe it's to dissuade people from bringing in snacks.

I am creative. I will wear a hat and place a bag of candy + soda underneath and jam it on.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

I am creative. I will wear a hat and place a bag of candy + soda underneath and jam it on.

Man, if you're not wearing a top hat with a 7-11 big gulp in it already...

• Options
    I don't want a Big Gulp. Why would I want a Big Gulp? That is entirely too much soda.

• Options
    I don't want a Big Gulp. Why would I want a Big Gulp? That is entirely too much soda.

Too much soda? I know these words but when arranged in this order they make no sense.

• Options
    Sheetz has the best breakfast sandwich menu there is. Choose your bread, choose your meat. Fried, scrambled, or white egg. Want a hashbrown on it? What kinda cheese(s). More meat? Different meat? all the fixins, sauces. It's just crazy.

• Options

The place near me has a stand like that, but it serves margarine instead of butter.
    So I ask for butter behind the counter, and then I also add margarine later on because they never add enough!

• Options
    Margarine is the devil and I will always use butter whenever I can.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    After having not eaten all day I may have gone and gotten too much Taco Bell

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    After having not eaten all day I may have gone and gotten too much Taco Bell

This is like calling a Big Gulp too much soda...

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I mean just a couple of weeks ago was my year anniversary without caffeine, a big gulp is too much soda.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    The $5 box deals they have are pretty good. Got the bacon chalupa and added a bean burrito. $6 for 4 items and a drink is pretty good in my book.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Margarine is the devil and I will always use butter whenever I can.

I have good news for you!

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    On the subject of movie popcorn, every time I go to concessions and overhear someone requesting popcorn with no butter or salt I can practically see the employees wishing for death to come take either the customer or themselves.

As a cinema naif I need this solecism explained to me. What is so bad about doing this?

This discussion has been closed.