As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vampire: The Masquerade, The [Phalla] for Columbus part 2, Anarch and Giovanni victory

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    As mentioned Majesty needs a slight cool down.

Majesty should have been way more expensive, to adjust for the passive blood gain.

No, the cooldown's the way to go. Dominate was gross and kind of useless for the blood because it had both high costs on 3 and the power. It's why I didn't take it.

@kilnaga Why me? Your timing was really not great for "the network," such as it was. I was doing work busdriving kills off of Obi onto other people I was pretty sure of / protecting jdark so he could be prince, man.

And, I sure didn't save Obi night 1, so that's on someone else.

I forgot about you busdriving all those kills off me. Man I should have died so many times this game.

You would also have died had I gotten a necro-post, but the kill on me was a real surprise.

Why would you have called me out?

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Honestly, raising Kworau from the dead as the last post really fucked over the village. People should have voted out Moridin like I said, his decision to go out raising his fellow clan member screwed us quite hard.

Survival neutrals are not village aligned! The Giovanni were never going to help the Camarilla unless it also helped them! The moment they could, they screwed us and left.

spool32 on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Majesty should have been way more expensive, to adjust for the passive blood gain.

No, the cooldown's the way to go. Dominate was gross and kind of useless for the blood because it had both high costs on 3 and the power. It's why I didn't take it.

@kilnaga Why me? Your timing was really not great for "the network," such as it was. I was doing work busdriving kills off of Obi onto other people I was pretty sure of / protecting jdark so he could be prince, man.

I forgot about you busdriving all those kills off me. Man I should have died so many times this game.

You would also have died had I gotten a necro-post, but the kill on me was a real surprise.

By the time it was clear to me that we had real specials, including a vig and a more-or-less SK, it was obvious to me that our "hit squad," wasn't, which meant most of you were probably blowing smoke up my ass.

I didn't care that you might not be Camarilla when I thought I was only redirecting damage somewhere more agreeable, but knowing there was a vig would've changed things. I wish Shalmelo had told me a bit more.

You in particular I'd have called out for over-selling nonchalance even given your family circumstances. Jdark was acting like village jdark, you were acting like bad-guy Obi.

• Options

By the time it was clear to me that we had real specials, including a vig and a more-or-less SK, it was obvious to me that our "hit squad," wasn't, which meant most of you were probably blowing smoke up my ass.

I didn't care that you might not be Camarilla when I thought I was only redirecting damage somewhere more agreeable, but knowing there was a vig would've changed things. I wish Shalmelo had told me a bit more.

You in particular I'd have called out for over-selling nonchalance even given your family circumstances. Jdark was acting like village jdark, you were acting like bad-guy Obi.

To help improve my mafia game, what exactly does bad-guy Obi act like?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You waste the village's time, make arrogant posts like anyone voting for you is stupid, say hey we should not vote for this guy and then vote for him.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Like 38th said, bad-guy Obi pivots straight to the offensive when things aren't going his way after "Gosh, I dunno"-type moves in the early game.

I'm pretty sure had I lived another couple days we'd have gotten you, Kay, and Ahava earlier / at all.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Why did the Assamites decide to take me out day 2? Random shot or was it because everyone i was talking to besides Aura was actually mafia?

Also, i think this officially makes game number 2 where neither @Auralynx nor I got screwed by the other!

• Options
    edited November 2015

Like 38th said, bad-guy Obi pivots straight to the offensive when things aren't going his way after "Gosh, I dunno"-type moves in the early game.

I'm pretty sure had I lived another couple days we'd have gotten you, Kay, and Ahava earlier / at all.

Any confidence in my mafia gameplay that I gained from this win has been quickly obliterated by the realization of how of many people knew I was mafia the entire game and how much luck went into the win (you busdriving me, jdark saving me, kime thinking I saved him from Torpor, Sabat being eliminated the same day I voted out one of my own, etc).

ObiFett on
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Why did the Assamites decide to take me out day 2? Random shot or was it because everyone i was talking to besides Aura was actually mafia?

Also, i think this officially makes game number 2 where neither @Auralynx nor I got screwed by the other!

Random shot. First couple days, it was just a matter of the Malks/Assamites picking a target since the Assamites had tons of damage, and we pretty much just pointed the cannon towards the clans that weren't a part of our secondary win condition. Didn't have enough info during that time to point towards any potential Sabbat or Anarch, so it was all based on hunches.

Also, did anyone see this from the role definition doc?
    Oh, and should you happen to meet your primary goal, all that blood you handed out turns out to be poison and each blood point given to a vampire deals that many points of damage to said vampire.

It would have been the best kind of Chaos if blahmcblah had actually accomplished his win condition.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Yeah I read the lore for blahmcblah after I accepted the blood and I was like "welp, I'm deffo fucked now damnit."

spool32 on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Random shot. First couple days, it was just a matter of the Malks/Assamites picking a target since the Assamites had tons of damage, and we pretty much just pointed the cannon towards the clans that weren't a part of our secondary win condition. Didn't have enough info during that time to point towards any potential Sabbat or Anarch, so it was all based on hunches.

Also, did anyone see this from the role definition doc?
    Oh, and should you happen to meet your primary goal, all that blood you handed out turns out to be poison and each blood point given to a vampire deals that many points of damage to said vampire.

It would have been the best kind of Chaos if blahmcblah had actually accomplished his win condition.

I don't know if that should make me feel better or worse than if there was some intent behind it. Really sad to have gone out early on this one :( Which is really just another way of saying well done @Assuran

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Any confidence in my mafia gameplay that I gained from this win has been quickly obliterated by the realization of how of many people knew I was mafia the entire game and how much luck went into the win (you busdriving me, jdark saving me, kime thinking I saved him from Torpor, Sabat being eliminated the same day I voted out one of my own, etc).

I still can't believe that haha. It basically confirmed you in my mind! Like, you privately called a village-aligned action and then it happened! It completely messed with my thinking that last day.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    What was the role that obi claimed?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Never, ever trust a Setitie.

My players learn this lesson often. But, they keep going back, because damn if they don't have good stuff.

Assuran on
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »

He told me he'd gone Animalism 1 / Fort 2, and I never got to compare notes w/ jdarksun, who I think he told something else later, because I was dead. Day 5 was basically the netpocalypse; I think I was pretty much confirmed as far as Shalmelo and Spectre were concerned, though I'd bet Spectre was annoyed with me.

• Options

He claimed Inceptor. Essentially a thin-blood that could make their own disciplines in lore. However, his explanation was that he was converting people's win cons to his Caitiff win con, IIRC.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

@kilnaga Why me? Your timing was really not great for "the network," such as it was. I was doing work busdriving kills off of Obi ontoplease other people I was pretty sure of / protecting jdark so he could be prince, man.

Hence that Day 11 title on our boards.

Garick was telling me I was mafia, Megafrost was being super quiet and getting called for it, and that post that 38thDoe or Egos picked out early game on Obifett 'hating calls because they ruin the record,but I'll vote for the call anyway' caused you to be suspected forever.

It's sort of what led me to being so brazen about flushing out the cult, as if/when I died that meant two greys were vote leaders against Obifett the night when Jdark saved him.

But also it was the only I could see of getting that thing done.

For the record it seemed pretty clear to me late in the day that INAGTP wasn't a cult member, but I couldn't see how to move off him without looking any more suspect. So it was better to stay on him and not reveal any more not mafias.
    Also, I thought that if I died, then no-one else would be role blocking Virgil and another conversion would go off. Pretty glad that I was incorrect there, although we hadn't sussed out Ahava (we just killed her because possible seer).

• Options
    Actually, of all the roles, I think I'm most proud of the Setite.

I learned from the previous incarnation which was essentially forced village seer.

It felt so good playing out and I was really sad when @blahmcblah died.

I tend to root for the Independents in these games because they have it so hard.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Why did the Assamites decide to take me out day 2?

How you reacted to The Ender "reveal" and subsequently the bandwagon as a whole. Seemed non-committal and kinda flip floppy. Not the greatest reason but it was something:
    Did she say who told her that? Could be an easy mafia ploy-offer up a target, drop a bus driver on said target. Vig kills the redirect and then we vote the patsy the next day, wasting a vig and a vote.
    In the event Ender turns up not-human
    Unless someone speaks up and says that they RNG'd their busdriver orders on The Ender and 3clipse, i think Ender is a good vote. There's enough on him now i think i'll second ZH's decision to put up an early adopter as second. MagicPrime.

Egos on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Also I know some people might have suspected me due to inactivity/drunken ranting, but that was all actually real, since I'm getting paid for the first time in over a year now!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »

@kilnaga Why me? Your timing was really not great for "the network," such as it was. I was doing work busdriving kills off of Obi ontoplease other people I was pretty sure of / protecting jdark so he could be prince, man.

Garick was telling me I was mafia, Megafrost was being super quiet and getting called for it, and that post that 38thDoe or Egos picked out early game on Obifett 'hating calls because they ruin the record,but I'll vote for the call anyway' caused you to be suspected forever.

It's sort of what led me to being so brazen about flushing out the cult, as if/when I died that meant two greys were vote leaders against Obifett the night when Jdark saved him.

For the record it seemed pretty clear to me late in the day that INAGTP wasn't a cult member, but I couldn't see how to move off him without looking any more suspect. So it was better to stay on him and not reveal any more not mafias.
    Also, I thought that if I died, then no-one else would be role blocking Virgil and another conversion would go off. Pretty glad that I was incorrect there, although we hadn't sussed out Ahava (we just killed her because possible seer).

I legit 1000% would have done that as a villager as well. I honestly had no time to do any real analysis but would have wanted someone somewhere to start talking about other suspects at that point because the whole day had been ruined.

• Options

He claimed Inceptor. Essentially a thin-blood that could make their own disciplines in lore. However, his explanation was that he was converting people's win cons to his Caitiff win con, IIRC.

Yeah, MrT had action seered me as targeting myself with a non-public power set and called me on it. So I claimed a thin-blood Inceptor (which according to the wiki are vamps who discover new powers and are usually Caitiff). I claimed that my power allowed the normally clanless Caitiff to finally get into a real clan.

• Options
    edited November 2015

I legit 1000% would have done that as a villager as well. I honestly had no time to do any real analysis but would have wanted someone somewhere to start talking about other suspects at that point because the whole day had been ruined.

And, as a villager, why would you then have offered no other targets?

If you then had gone onto at least speculate weakly, then you couldn't have been accused of doing nothing, and instead only having no information to base anything off.

discrider on
  • Options

If you then had gone onto at least speculate weakly, then you couldn't have been accused of doing nothing, and instead only having no information to base anything off.

Because I had no time to offer any other targets. I was barely even following the thread because I was in and out of the hospital through 90% of the game. The first day I had time to actually devote to this game was this past weekend/Monday.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    @Delmain The sabbat convert anarchs and disaffected cam neonates all the time. Much like normal, you get shovelbanged and dropped in a hole (unless you are worthwhile, in which case it's a classier transition). Having the Sabbat convert is totally within genre.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    you get shovelbanged.
    is that the technical term? if so that's awesome :D
    read:that should totally be the term

Egos on
  • Options

Because I had no time to offer any other targets. I was barely even following the thread because I was in and out of the hospital through 90% of the game. The first day I had time to actually devote to this game was this past weekend/Monday.

Real-life stuff always screws up analysis.
    Hope everything's ok Obifett.

• Options

Real-life stuff always screws up analysis.
    Hope everything's ok Obifett.

Its relatively fine now. Thanks.

But that tells me I should probably make stuff like that fairly public in the future so its easier for people to read my reasonings in thread.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I have never seen or read anything like that, and I just looked again to see if it was a more recent thing.

Are you sure? The only times I've seen Sabbat convert a Cam vamp, it's just the vinculum (and then a lot of distrust).

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    So in my short term of prince, my fav part of the game was everyone talking to me in PMs like they were a real vampire, all the twilight references, and all the what we do in the shadows references.

Let's have more vampire games please!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Good news.

Vampire: The Masquerade, The Phalla for Columbus part 3 will take place sometime in the next year.

I Just need to relax a bit and plan out a new line of attack. I feel like the powers worked pretty smoothly and I have the bones for this game to run well in the future.

Oh, and there may or may not be appearances from people like, "The Immortal Prince", "The Dashing Liar (ObiFett)", and "The Silent Killer (Megafrost)".

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    you get shovelbanged.
    is that the technical term? if so that's awesome :D
    read:that should totally be the term

It's not the term used in any text, but it's what my friends and I have called the sabbat initiation since time immemorial.

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    I have never seen or read anything like that, and I just looked again to see if it was a more recent thing.

Are you sure? The only times I've seen Sabbat convert a Cam vamp, it's just the vinculum (and then a lot of distrust).

I'll get out my Guide to the Sabbat when I get home and find it for you.

• Options

Yeah, MrT had action seered me as targeting myself with a non-public power set and called me on it. So I claimed a thin-blood Inceptor (which according to the wiki are vamps who discover new powers and are usually Caitiff). I claimed that my power allowed the normally clanless Caitiff to finally get into a real clan.

I think jdark was on to you because he asked me for my specific role name so he could check something, but I never found out what as we were all dead.

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    So in my short term of prince, my fav part of the game was everyone talking to me in PMs like they were a real vampire, all the twilight references, and all the what we do in the shadows references.

I really had a good time with the RP.

Though I think it screwed me in the end... for this game, RP fun was inversely correlated with being good at the actual phalla.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Though I think it screwed me in the end... for this game, RP fun was inversely correlated with being good at the actual phalla.
    I dunno, you seemed to be doing Good Things, just getting roleblocked constantly. Once word got out that you had a 'True Guard', that was it.

I thought I was doing pretty well, though, apparently not. That Sabbat conversion was meeeeean. I did get a very nice writeup in the narration though, so thanks for that, @Assuran!

I had a lot of fun, regardless. And my partner spent a lot of time giggling and says 'How evil are you being in THIS game? Are you evil? Are you a baddie? YOU'RE MAFIA, AREN'T YOU?!?' and such.

But the Anarchs... we weren't the bad guys! We were just trying to save you from yourselves. By driving over the older Kindred and hitting them with baseball bats.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Honestly, raising Kworau from the dead as the last post really fucked over the village. People should have voted out Moridin like I said, his decision to go out raising his fellow clan member screwed us quite hard.

Survival neutrals are not village aligned! The Giovanni were never going to help the Camarilla unless it also helped them! The moment they could, they screwed us and left.

You should have laid down and died instead of voting him out. I would have saved you all then.

• Options

I super appreciated your RP both in the thread and in PMs despite my complete lack of thematic knowledge.

• Options
    Kay wrote: »

I dunno, you seemed to be doing Good Things, just getting roleblocked constantly. Once word got out that you had a 'True Guard', that was it.

I thought I was doing pretty well, though, apparently not. That Sabbat conversion was meeeeean. I did get a very nice writeup in the narration though, so thanks for that, @Assuran!

I had a lot of fun, regardless. And my partner spent a lot of time giggling and says 'How evil are you being in THIS game? Are you evil? Are you a baddie? YOU'RE MAFIA, AREN'T YOU?!?' and such.

But the Anarchs... we weren't the bad guys! We were just trying to save you from yourselves. By driving over the older Kindred and hitting them with baseball bats.

In my mind you were the only trustworthy Caitiff! Especially with Kime gunning for me and you defending me in public.

I was so screwed by the anarchs in this game, holy shit.