As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Dual thread hunt and this one's dead. Go to new thread.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I guess I know what I'm upgrading my o3ds to now.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Why Capcom, why always when I am between jobs or something and can't afford to buy a new handheld? :(

I really wanted that red one too, but no we gotta get the blue one with no pre-installed game. #rage

Still, the happiest thing is that we are getting MHG! I am so glad for that. It doesn't run significantly worse on the regular 3ds than the new one does it? That would piss me off.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    2 months!

here i was hoping for a mid june (my bday) release

i guess 2 months isnt that bad =3

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    2 months!

here i was hoping for a mid june (my bday) release

i guess 2 months isnt that bad =3

Heck I thought it would be late August or September so this a pretty nice surprise.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Oh shit, no way I'm beating 4U before then.

I've cut my hunting down to about 1-3 a day since I picked Elder Scrolls Online back up.

No way in hell I'm buying Generations before I'm done with 4U though. I've gotten just far enough and invested that I would be kind of disappointed at myself for not finishing the job.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I really want a N3DS for MHX because I know it's going to look like garbage on an old one, but I just haven't liked any of the special edition designs outside of the MH4U one, and I wasn't ready to buy at that time :/

I have a Pikachu 3DS XL so it's hard to live up to such a great design.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I got a N3ds (non xl) from the pokemon red/blue bundle and could not be happier

the xl is a monstrosity in my tiny hands and often caused cramps/pain

new one is a worlds difference

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    No way I can afford to pickup a n3ds right now, so I will not be able to get a special edition since they will certainly sell out. I guess I will pickup the game first and then if it runs poorly I will just have to save up for a n3ds. I really hate that it's even a thing. Sigh.

• Options
    Also ive been streaming alot more 3u lately on my twitch and youtube (in sig, twitch.tv/frawrst and youtube.com/frost1080)

I badly need Deviljho mantles and Ala/dire parts

gonna focus on 3u until gen comes out

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I picked up Dark Souls 3 to play at night or maybe have my wife watch me play until Generations comes out.

I keep messing up my button presses because my MH muscle memory is too strong. The game would be much easier if I remapped the controller.

Edit: can't really remap it right because of the extra actions I think.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • Options
    SnS/GS fo lyfe

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Yep. Sns/Lance represent.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    SnS/GS are my blademaster weapons but I also like L/HBG. When I played MHX at PAX I didn't feel like my SnS combo was working correctly, so I'm worried about having to relearn it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Think Imma do Striker SnS, whatever GS, Bushido LS (but that counter looks so good!!!) and whatever hammer

man i wish it was july

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I really think Bushido Lance will consume my soul.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I have no idea what I'm going to do.

I am ecstatic that all bows get power and arc shots now it seems.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Think Imma do Striker SnS, whatever GS, Bushido LS (but that counter looks so good!!!) and whatever hammer

man i wish it was july

Hammer bros?

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    its okay if our hammers dont touch

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    its okay if our hammers dont touch

Just keep the monster between them?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It's going to be a hard choice either bow or sword and board

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    You can count on me for some sweet tunes on the horn.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
      Adept Hammer / Gunlance here, probably. Might try GS out again too.

• Options
      DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
      Man I've just used lance for the last 3 games, with a couple hours of bow and ls in between

I kinda want to try another weapon to mix it up a bit but I feel like I'll just end up going back to the lance in the end

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
      *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    • Options
      Made a playlist for all the MH3U videos/twitch exports, I'll be doing alot more of 3U to finish up that game before Gen launches in July

Alatreon, Abyssal, Savage and Lucent are woefully under hunted for my 3U char

J3qcnBP.png
    • Options
      edited May 2016
      DeMoN wrote: »
      Man I've just used lance for the last 3 games, with a couple hours of bow and ls in between

I kinda want to try another weapon to mix it up a bit but I feel like I'll just end up going back to the lance in the end

I might try a different weapon. I pretty much ran lance with some switch axe and HH mixed in back in mh3u. In MH4U I only played the sns as I was having too much fun with it.

with styles and such I plan to branch out some but I think the playstyle of Bushido lance will fit me.

Now the problem is I've played "super happy ball dodge around" for so long I am not sure how long it'll take my reflexes to re-acclimate to "stand and deliver". I am having the same problem in Dark Souls 3 right now. I built a tanky character and all I do is jump around to mitigate damage because my brain is just wired that way now.
      I'll probably just settle on sns again. . .

Seidkona on
    • Options
      Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
      Oh my, Amazon is giving Prime member a nice discount on MHGen for preorder. Saved me close to $10.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    • Options
      Entaru wrote: »
      DeMoN wrote: »

I might try a different weapon. I pretty much ran lance with some switch axe and HH mixed in back in mh3u. In MH4U I only played the sns as I was having too much fun with it.

with styles and such I plan to branch out some but I think the playstyle of Bushido lance will fit me.

Now the problem is I've played "super happy ball dodge around" for so long I am not sure how long it'll take my reflexes to re-acclimate to "stand and deliver". I am having the same problem in Dark Souls 3 right now. I built a tanky character and all I do is jump around to mitigate damage because my brain is just wired that way now.
      I'll probably just settle on sns again. . .

No, you're doing it right for DS3 - poise is broken so standing to trade blows doesn't work with the exception of weapons that add super armor on moves (an example is the GS/UGS stomp weapon art, which is near impossible to be knocked out of). Blocking will devour stamina and is generally what you do while waiting for an opening, rather than part of trading blows the way you can with counter-lancing.

• Options
      Oh my, Amazon is giving Prime member a nice discount on MHGen for preorder. Saved me close to $10.

amazon.com (US) gives all game pre orders a huge discount, think its 12%?

amazon.ca is shit and doesnt offer anything close, so i went with a local retailer

J3qcnBP.png
    • Options
      edited May 2016
      double post but streaming some mon hun 3u right now!

twitch,tv/frawrst

fRAWRst on
      J3qcnBP.png
    • Options
      VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
      Some more MHGen Capcom corporate synergy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6evjbBK4uWs

• Options
      Now I know what my cat will be wearing.

• Options
      Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
      Mmmm. That happy preorder, waiting painful period. But, yes. G&G Palico is a must.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    • Options
      EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
      Im super excited for this to come out, it will help fill in some gaps while i wait for the next wow expansion.

Also if anyone has played the japanese version, is the gunlance still pretty much bottom tier? I want it to work, but its like 10x the effort for 1/2 the results as other weapons.

• Options
      Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
      No firsthand experience, but Gaijinhunter's tutorial gives me the impression that it has new abilities that make it more flexible, especially the hunter art that rockets you halfway across an area toward the monster, pointy end first.

• Options
    • Options
      This just in: "Fire Drill" is still an obnoxious quest.

But it feels good to help people clear it.

• Options
      44 days 12 hours roughly: https://days.to/until/15-july

• Options
      Entaru wrote: »
      44 days 12 hours roughly: https://days.to/until/15-july

No counting down on my end. Zero Time Dilemma hits on 6/28 so I have to clear that first. Two weeks should be plenty.

• Options
      SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
      The Monster Hunter edition 3DS is up on Amazon again, but it doesn't come with the game.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-Monster-Generations/dp/B019PKR83C