As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars] Non-spoiler thread

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    Oh! Did I share our Halloween costumes this year???

03dsqmxhib2n.jpg
    dbxv2d3teym3.png

I know somebody with twin girls about that age, who had to come up with Halloween costumes that fit two baby girls with very short hair.

She dressed one up as Cersei Lannister and the other as Eleven from 'Stranger Things'

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    Oh! Did I share our Halloween costumes this year???

03dsqmxhib2n.jpg
    dbxv2d3teym3.png

I know somebody with twin girls about that age, who had to come up with Halloween costumes that fit two baby girls with very short hair.

She dressed one up as Cersei Lannister and the other as Eleven from 'Stranger Things'

My wife's family is Lebanese so he came out hairier than me practically.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    In my opinion, TPM is juvenile at best and embarrassing at worst. That anybody ranks it as the best of anything is crazy to me. Not passing judgement on anyone's taste here, just expressing my disbelief as a function of how terrible I find TPM to be.

Still better than Attack of the Clones.

Course, it probably helps that I watched it dubbed, and so I was entirely surprised to find that apparently Jar Jar was supposed to have a racist accent, not just sound like a total dumbass?

When the first trailer hit, I was pretty down with the concept of a sentient duck-rabbit creature.

I've long felt that it might be possible to salvage Jar Jar by giving him a different voice, and maybe reworking some of his lines.

But if you asked me who should voice Jar Jar, I couldn't say. Maybe a young Michael J Fox? Make Jar Jar more like an overgrown kid, rather than a dopey idiot.

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    But if you asked me who should voice Jar Jar

James Earl Jones

• Options

James Earl Jones

Gilbert Gottfried could be an inspired choice.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    In my opinion, TPM is juvenile at best and embarrassing at worst. That anybody ranks it as the best of anything is crazy to me. Not passing judgement on anyone's taste here, just expressing my disbelief as a function of how terrible I find TPM to be.

Course, it probably helps that I watched it dubbed, and so I was entirely surprised to find that apparently Jar Jar was supposed to have a racist accent, not just sound like a total dumbass?

But if you asked me who should voice Jar Jar, I couldn't say. Maybe a young Michael J Fox? Make Jar Jar more like an overgrown kid, rather than a dopey idiot.

Donglover could have nailed it probably

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

James Earl Jones

Bobcat Goldthwait?

Sam Kinison (RIP)?

Also need to put different voices (and names) on the Trade Fed dudes.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

James Earl Jones

Bobcat Goldthwait?

Sam Kinison (RIP)?

Also need to put different voices (and names) on the Trade Fed dudes.

Could probably rewrite/remove the Watto character while at it too.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Fine, I'll voice JarJar in the remake.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Is that the first image of what they are trying to run past the Imperial Walkers for, some sort of comm relay?

Edit:
    Nevermind, it was in the teaser and I did not notice despite numerous viewings...

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular

When the first trailer hit, I was pretty down with the concept of a sentient duck-rabbit creature.

I've long felt that it might be possible to salvage Jar Jar by giving him a different voice, and maybe reworking some of his lines.

Like most things in the prequels, the problem is 90% the script. The Jar Jar / Mace Windy buddy cop arc in Clone Wars is great.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Man they are on fucking fire with those trailers. I wasn't even this pumped to see The Force Awakens. Hearing Gareth Edwards talk about being a fan and this is essentially fulfilling a childhood dream. You see it in those trailers.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The newest Film Theory is about Star Wars! Speculative spoilers, obviously. But a fun theory!

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    What about spin-offs? I'd watch a Felicity Jones centric spin-off.

http://www.cbr.com/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-wont-get-a-sequel/
    It seems as though “Rogue One” will truly be a standalone film. According to Empire Magazine, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that no matter how well “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” performs at the box office, there will be no sequel to this particular anthology film.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Good

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I wouldn't bet on it.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Rogue Two: Bothans

(no points for guessing what happens to most of the cast)

• Options

They go to Disneyworld?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

They go to Disneyworld?

They get conned into being given a location for the Empire's massive trap while getting murdered for no reasons proving that Bothans are the worst spies ever?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

They go to Disneyworld?

They get conned into being given a location for the Empire's massive trap while getting murdered for no reasons proving that Bothans are the worst spies ever?

At Disneyworld?

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Is there a good reason that Disneyworld Has Fallen hasn't been made yet?

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

Disney.

• Options

They go to Disneyworld?

At Disneyworld?

You may laugh, but with Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm...

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

@Texiken hasn't gotten his SAG membership sorted out.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    They rejected my script because they had "severe concerns" about all the bad guys wearing Captain America outfits, and that it "sends the wrong message" when Gerard Butler stabs them all in the brain with a lightsaber knife.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    The newest Film Theory is about Star Wars! Speculative spoilers, obviously. But a fun theory!

I'd buy it but all those guys would be REALLY fucking old by the new movies. It's possible they are more machine now than man.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

I'm not a huge fan of that theory, tbh. I'd rather the movie be as self-contained as possible rather than them try and tie it into the major arc. edit: but wow does the final evidence he have above line up too conveniently for it to be anything other than truth

I still think/hope that the majority of the characters in Rogue One
    are going to be murderated by Vader in the final minutes as they scramble to get the plans to a terminal that they can use to transmit to Tantive IV

ObiFett on
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

I'm not a huge fan of that theory, tbh. I'd rather the movie be as self-contained as possible rather than them try and tie it into the major arc. edit: but wow does the final evidence he have above line up too conveniently for it to be anything other than truth

I still think/hope that the majority of the characters in Rogue One
    are going to be murderated by Vader in the final minutes as they scramble to get the plans to a terminal that they can use to transmit to Tantive IV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNc7Pz35OA

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yesss Vader as horror movie monster

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Also, that's clearly Tarkin at 0:05.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I could deal with 2.5 hours of just vader horror movie

I could deal with a lot more than 2.5 hours of vader horror movie

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    It would be nice for Vader to be a terrible and frightening figure again. Like he was in ANH, instead of a whiney millenial.

The little bits in Rebels were great but not enough. I'd guess he's not going to get all that much screen time in Rogue One however.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I get the feeling they are making a big deal out of Vader being in the film, but really he probably has like 2 minutes of screen time and 3 lines of dialog.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Disney is going to make the Epcot Sphere into the Deathstar.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Apostate wrote: »
    Disney is going to make the Epcot Sphere into the Deathstar.

And they're doing it with digital projectors no less. I can't wait to see how that works. The strange angles and shapes on the surface might actually work to their advantage.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I tried to resist. Tried to avoid spoilers.
    But I clicked it anyway.

Only to see that it had already been removed.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.