As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Seventh Republican Debate: Fuck You Sweden

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    <this used to be vine proof that Charles Krauthammer is a lizard>

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    DevKimikoDevKimiko Registered User regular
    De-commence staring into the void

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Our light has grown dimmer after 7 years of Obama. Darker.

Obama stronger than Jesus?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Charles Krauthammer: This was the best debate so far, lots of substantive answers, very few ad hominem attacks. I'll leave the viewers to figure out why that might be.

:)

Few ad hominems against each other. Plenty of ad hominems against President Obama and Hillary Clinton.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I’m fact-checking Ben Carson’s claim that “Putin is a one-horse country”. I don’t know about horse men but I can tell you that as a country, Russia has an abundance of horses.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Ew Frank Luntz

That my cue to stop watching

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I swear Krauthammer is a mole person wearing a mask, and that vine only supports my paranoia

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    To me he looks like a Who from Whoville.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Hahaha, Krauthammer's Wikipedia article refers to him as "Charles Krauthammer, MD" in the first sentence.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    I swear Krauthammer is a mole person wearing a mask, and that vine only supports my paranoia

It seems the vine was deleted. Most likely because we were too close to uncovering the mole person conspiracy.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm glad someone is finally going after Sweden, fuck those assholes!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm glad someone is finally going after Sweden, fuck those assholes!

Yeah! Fuck those guys! Bunch of rapists and murderers (some, I assume, are good people). We should build a wall with Sweden and make the Swedes pay for it!

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Russia gets double horses, iron, and uranium, so if they have any horses at all they have at least two horses.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

To be fair that was written before the debate aired.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Megyn Kelly?

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Huh. Wouldn't believe that Jeb! said "I kind of miss Donald Trump" if it wasn't on video.

Context?

• Options
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Huh. Wouldn't believe that Jeb! said "I kind of miss Donald Trump" if it wasn't on video.

Context?

The context is Jeb! is really bad at this.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Context?

It was a hilariously inept attempt at bravado. "I wish he was here so I could trash him some more."

Instead of reality, which is "Thank god he's not here to get the better of me literally every single time."

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    notdroid wrote: »
    I never understood why so many Republicans run with the whole "we need to get rid of government" shtick.

That's like applying for a job, and rambling on about how shitty and useless that job is during the interview.

"Government sucks! Elect me for government!"

"The government can't do anything right. Elect me and I'll prove it to you!"

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Megyn Kelly?

TPM has an exchange up where she is comically bigoted, so no.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

It's funny. My wife knows his mother (she used to work at the nursing home where she lives) and she is an extremely lovely woman.

No idea what happened with him.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    So, apparently the winner of the Fox debate was Mr. Trump. Who, in a genius move, did not even attend.

...A certain passage somehow comes to mind:
    ...it no longer dodged; it was a juggernaut, coming straight for its target.

Inside, the general's face was gray. He spoke to no one in particular. "Smart. That thing is smart." A scream still echoed in the big room – the scream from the last missile tank commander. Out of the Ogre's path, safe behind a three-meter ravine, lashing out at the metal giant – and the thing had changed course, ignoring the howitzers, walking over the gully like it wasn't there, crushing the smaller tank. Two GEVs had died a second later; their speed was their best defense, and the Ogre had outguessed them. The side trip had given the howitzers a few more minutes; then they, too, had died.

The screen showed the Ogre grinding on – a shambling monster, barely able to move. "The treads... hit the treads," whispered the general. "Stop that thing." The image changed, and he saw what was left of his force: three GEVs and a handful of infantry.

The Ogre rolled on...

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016

This is great. Very reminiscent of the Tom Brady Hi5 fail(s). Although I actually kind of felt bad for Brady.

EDIT - And now I see someone posted that exact gif in the comments, so obviously I'm not the only one.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Whoever uploaded the debate onto Fox News' channel is high on several substances.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Whoever uploaded the debate onto Fox News' channel is high on several substances.

Why?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Gator wrote: »

Why?

They are nonconsecutive, and utterly not in chronological order.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    And, at the end, the score between Trump and Fox:
    Donald Trump counter-programmed Thursday's GOP primary debate on Fox with his own prime time event. So whose show scored a bigger audience?
    Answer: Fox's debate. But it was the second lowest rated debate of the season. So Trump is certain to take credit for hurting the channel's total viewership.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    It was going to be one of the lowest rated debates anyway, because viewership starts to fall as we get in this far.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Gator wrote: »

Why?

They are nonconsecutive, and utterly not in chronological order.

No they're as they should be. You're just confused because all they do during those debates is spew as many nonsensical keywords as fast as they can, while failing to express any rational thought.

Why do you think everyone gets drunk watching those? Down a bottle of scotch, it'll start to make sense.

notdroid on
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I think the only reason it was second lowest was because Trump not being there made some people curious as to "what are they going to say about him when he's not around?"

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Glad I didn't watch it, but this was a delightful recap read.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I think the only reason it was second lowest was because Trump not being there made some people curious as to "what are they going to say about him when he's not around?"

Whenever Trump's not on screen, all the other candidates should be asking "Where's Trump?"

• Options

GOP debates had falling viewership already, I'm pretty sure their last debate was the lowest rated one and that had Trump.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Hulk Hogan used to pull himself from TV when shit like MNF would come around. Then he'd come back when it was over and claim credit for the increased ratings.

What I'm saying is that the world now has two orange goblins to fuck things up.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

GOP debates had falling viewership already, I'm pretty sure their last debate was the lowest rated one and that had Trump.

Exactly. So the only reason this one wasn't lower was because of the shake up and controversy around Trump not being there. There was new element. Something had happened. People were curious as to what kind of shit would be said about him without him around.

• Options
    QuarterMasterQuarterMaster Registered User regular
    My debate recap: ISIS ISIS ISIS, 9/11, ISIS 9/11 RUSSIA, ISIS.

Also, why are search trends for 'repeal obamacare' so high? Please, tell me. Surely because it's so unpopular.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Because they KEEP DOING IT. Every other month people get to hear about another attempt to repeal obamacare and so might wonder "Same as last time, enough to pass but not to override a veto?" and then to confirm, they google that shit.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
This discussion has been closed.