As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Deadpool] Clawing his way back to relevancy

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    ...PB as Cable?

Hm yes.

But....

Kiera Knightley...

Kiera Knightley as Cable.

Pierce Brosnan as Cable's voice.

Ryan Reynolds looking on in confusion. Turns to the audience.

"Look, even I don't know what's happening right now."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Oh my GOD Pierce Brosnan post bond where he's been getting wackier and wackier as a lunatic Cable and ALSO Wolverine in Deadpool!

Jesus Christ Yes.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Given the "we clearly didn't have the budget for more than two X-Men", if Hugh Jackman is actually in Deadpool 2, I have to assume there'll be a gag about that as well.

"We're paying you scale whether you like it or not, and maybe if you're good you can go pick from the craft services leftovers!"

"Shut up and focus on the task at hand!"

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I still think they'd be crazy not to have little cameo Cable's. Any time the timestream gets disrupted a little bit, a different person is Cable. And only Deadpool and us can tell.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I still think they'd be crazy not to have little cameo Cable's. Any time the timestream gets disrupted a little bit, a different person is Cable. And only Deadpool and us can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

Would work great as a quick gag, like Loki impersonating people in Dark World.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Given the "we clearly didn't have the budget for more than two X-Men", if Hugh Jackman is actually in Deadpool 2, I have to assume there'll be a gag about that as well.

"We're paying you scale whether you like it or not, and maybe if you're good you can go pick from the craft services leftovers!"

"Shut up and focus on the task at hand!"

Depending on how fun the script looks, it's entirely possible that Deadpool could pick up heaps of big name actors for various cameos and meta jokes. Get Ian McKellen and run the "fat Gandalf" line again, Patrick Stewart's Xavier and have Deadpool tell him to "Make it so." Biggest difficulty is probably exercising restraint so that the movie doesn't get completely sidetracked.

And I imagine when the weather gets warmer we'll see a video of Reynolds in costume boomboxing Wham! outside Knightley's house, or something equally goofy to keep people excited/entertained.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Patric Stewart is also playing the poo in the emoji Deadpool sign.

• Options
    At the very least, Kiera Knightley should show up in one of the stingers.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'd say the only way Kiera Knightley doesn't show up in Deadpool is if she has no sense of humor.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    At the very least, Kiera Knightley should show up in one of the stingers.

As Cable.
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I'd say the only way Kiera Knightley doesn't show up in Deadpool is if she has no sense of humor.

Or she's got a scheduling conflict.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Apparently Josh Brolin is going to be Cable.

While I'm sad it's not Keira Knightley, this is actually about as good as I could otherwise hope for.

• Options

While I'm sad it's not Keira Knightley, this is actually about as good as I could otherwise hope for.

preview of things to come:

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I....

hmmmm

Should I watch the rest of that movie?

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Brolin's certainly come a long way now. Guess it took a while to wash the stink of Jonah Hex away. But now he's playing Cable AND Thanos. The jokes almost write themselves.

Have Cable sit in a chair in that certain way and have Deadpool go 'Jesus, lighten up... it's like you expect the chair to propel you into space or something'.

And I totally want a line where Deadpool goes '... Are you from the future where you don't find One-eye Willy's treasure, Brand?!'

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I think jokes that are funny, people will get and won't be immediately dated might be the way to go.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I think jokes that are funny, people will get and won't be immediately dated might be the way to go.

Wade Wilson discussed Voltron and Sinead O'Conner. Maybe you just don't get him...

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    When it comes to Cable and Deadpool I really only need someone to be like Cable from the Deadpool game. Someone so boring and uptight to let Ryan Renolds bounce his goofball antics off of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ee85buPiE

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    They should cast Cate Blanchett to play Death.

• Options
    They should cast Cate Blanchett to play Death.

She already is.
    *crosses fingers*

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Nah. Marvel Death should just be the skeleton with a rocking bod in a cloak.
    For her voice....Tara Strong or Kristin Schaal.

• Options
    For her voice....SKELETOR!!!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular

Can we get Tara Strong as Death? She's hot as hell and I want more of her on TV.

• Options

Can we get Tara Strong as Death? She's hot as hell and I want more of her on TV.

Cate Blanchett is a strong contender, she won't be defeated easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlK1vcjH7xo

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

If I had been shown that and not known it was a cut up scene from a movie, I would have just assumed it was an extremely effective visual short film made by someone really talented.

I should watch the movie?

Anyway, I think Keira Knightly would have made an actually legitimately excellent Cable, and I'm a bit bummed that Brosnan didn't get the role for how different they could play off the character potentially, Brolin is a good choice, if not a bit head scratchy, dude is getting a little spread thin in comic movies?

Regardless, if there isn't at least one good joke and/or visual gag regarding an unpossibly proportioned Cable, twisted spine poses, or tiny feet, I don't know how Deadpool 2 could be considered a valid success.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    It's been said before, but I think everyone in this thread is hoping for a scene in which 'Pool gets hit in the head and hallucinates Knightly as Cable.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    It's been said before, but I think everyone in this thread is hoping for a scene in which 'Pool gets hit in the head and hallucinates Knightly as Cable.

This is a scene I want.

Brad-Goonies1-300x211.jpg?ed9703

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DanHibiki wrote: »

If I had been shown that and not known it was a cut up scene from a movie, I would have just assumed it was an extremely effective visual short film made by someone really talented.

I should watch the movie?
    it's got some tonal problems and it's a bit slow, but yeah it's a fun movie.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular

It would have to come at the tail end of the movie, or I'd spend the rest of the movie distracted and disappointed that it wasn't Knightly afterward.

Or make it so hilariously purposefully bad that you come away with it thinking "alright, yeah, Brolin probably works better". :lol:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Personally, I want a dozen (or more) different actors to play Cable, but only Deadpool notices or comments on the differences, everyone else just assures Deadpool that Cable has always been that tall, that ripped, that race, that gender, that bald, that old, that young... whatever.

In particular, I want a scene where Deadpool is staring speculatively at Cable while slowly stepping on a butterfly. Maybe whispering to himself "don't blink don't blink don't blink"
    A sudden explosion or other noise distracts DP causing him to turn away while stepping forward and crushing the butterfly underfoot.
    When he turns back, boom, different Cable.
    Insert string of profanities.

I know it won't happen. But I can still hope.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular

Cate Blanchett is a strong contender, she won't be defeated easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlK1vcjH7xo

My college buddy who did some work on Captain America Civil War put on facebook that the shot in the trailer with the net was one of his.
    Now if I only knew what he does... lighting? Animation?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Personally, I want a dozen (or more) different actors to play Cable, but only Deadpool notices or comments on the differences, everyone else just assures Deadpool that Cable has always been that tall, that ripped, that race, that gender, that bald, that old, that young... whatever.

In particular, I want a scene where Deadpool is staring speculatively at Cable while slowly stepping on a butterfly. Maybe whispering to himself "don't blink don't blink don't blink"
    A sudden explosion or other noise distracts DP causing him to turn away while stepping forward and crushing the butterfly underfoot.

Cast Cyclops; Cable's actor changes every time Scott is kicked in the nuts.

• Options

Literally the first thing that comes to mind when I read this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGJDecsf5Uk

• Options
    Good news: FXX has ordered a Deadpool animated series.

Better news: it's being created by Donald Glover.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/deadpool-tv-series-donald-glover/

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    THE Donald Glover?!

OMG, yes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    THE Donald Glover Donglover?!

OMG, yes.

Bobble on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    On-topic.

https://youtu.be/v_SyrpYk-Ik

I mean, the dude is busy shooting Deadpool 2 right now and he still takes the time for this crap.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

For someone who doesn't read comics but enjoyed the Deadpool movie, can someone explain this please?

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

For someone who doesn't read comics but enjoyed the Deadpool movie, can someone explain this please?

Cable is the son of Scott Summers, aka, Cyclops.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Cable is Cyclops' son who was taken into the future to save his life. So butterfly effect via bruised twsticles.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!