Options

[DC Movies] Batsgofuckyerself -- we're getting an Affleck-directed Batman flick

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Maybe he just uses the other end but thinks it scares people.

Just gotta have a little "fun" with the character, right guys?!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have had it with the snyde comments in here! You know ezachly what to do to make these films better huh?? Well lemme here em, I am all ayers! I mean really, what could have been done to dave these movies? You think anything you say would affleck the outcome? Where have ben this whole time anyway?

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    13207377128fd71cd6cf7d4b43f27c91b83672698e0c1ab5df16c71d2f60cde4.jpg

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    glithert wrote: »
    Tobey Maguire is the least charismatic actor I've ever seen
    Fun fact: As soon as you realize that he is utterly terrible at bringing any sense of mirth or self-depreciation to the character of spiderman, the sam raimi movies cave in on themselves.

I love those movies,they're campy in the best way. They're fun! Even Tobey couldn't ruin them for me, and he delivered those lines with all the oomph of an already dead fish

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    (It was a joke I just wanted to make puns don't kill me)

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Tobey Maguire is the least charismatic actor I've ever seen
    Fun fact: As soon as you realize that he is utterly terrible at bringing any sense of mirth or self-depreciation to the character of spiderman, the sam raimi movies cave in on themselves.

I love those movies,they're campy in the best way. They're fun! Even Tobey couldn't ruin them for me, and he delivered those lines with all the oomph of an already dead fish

He's just so stunningly useless at being both spiderman and Pete; They could have gotten any random person off the street to play the character and gotten a performance that was at least as good.

But this is the DC thread so...

I'm kind of mystified at the idea of Robin using a halberd; they're a heavy brutish weapon concieved of for the express purpose of murdering mounted knights. This is not a very finessey weapon.

• Options
    Toby was a great Peter, thank you very much.

I have a deep love for the Raimi movies, even with the corniness and such. I even like Spider-Man 3 save for a couple of infamous scenes. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Andrew Garfield was better than Toby.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Better Spider-Man, not a better Peter Parker. :)

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    The only movie where I have found Toby's acting amazing or moving other than something you'd see at a local village play was Brothers.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

He said like two quippy things that entire series.

"Oh that's nice, did your husband make that for you?" (lol gay jokes mirite?!)

"Here's your change"

But his Peter was even more boring. He wasn't really... anything? And #3 was just.. what the fuck.

bowen on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    (It was a joke I just wanted to make puns don't kill me)

We won't kill you but we don't have to save you either. *runs over head with Batmobile tires*

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    The most galling part about SM3 was that Topher grace was cast as venom when the dude should have been spiderman in the first place.

• Options

The Spidey costume looked better in the two Amazing films than the previous 3.

I think it'd be funny to have the DC Movies thread end on Spider-Man discussion.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mamoa looks so good as Aquaman that I really want that to be good.

If the rumors are to be believed though, it won't have Black Manta in it, which is just crazy pants that they'll do an Aquaman movie without him.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    Mamoa looks so good as Aquaman that I really want that to be good.

If the rumors are to be believed though, it won't have Black Manta in it, which is just crazy pants that they'll do an Aquaman movie without him.

It'll be an Avatar/ Fern Gully save the day from evil man.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Nah he'll side with the whalers against green peace. EDGY!!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nah he'll side with the whalers against green peace. EDGY!!

just use PETA instead

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I was joking anyway. One of the tent poles of objectivism is contempt for the environment. There's basically no chance that the Aquaman film will address any real life environmental concerns wrt to the ocean. He'll just be moist batman.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I was joking anyway. One of the tent poles of objectivism is contempt for the environment. There's basically no chance that the Aquaman film will address any real life environmental concerns wrt to the ocean. He'll just be moist batman.

Moist Batman, that's so awful.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "Moist Batman" sounds like a Monty Python sketch.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Moist Batman.. "Deep Sea Darkness.... No Porpoise"

Kills his anemones by plowing into them on a sperm whale.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    EjEGbTC.png

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Ocean Master would be the better villain, makes it a family drama.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    EjEGbTC.png

Robin has a halberd?

Moist Batman has a trident!

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Ocean Master would be the better villain, makes it a family drama.

We need Kaldur'ahm in this movie.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I just know Aquaman's going to be heartbreaking.

Finally, my favorite DC hero, the butt of everyone's joke, gets his own major movie. His chance to make a real pop-culture comeback.

And it has to be in the brown-ass, miserable Snyderverse. It's like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    EjEGbTC.png

Robin has a halberd?

OUTRAGEOUS!

• Options
    ah so this is why batman had guns

can't outbatman the batman

• Options
    edited April 2016
    ah so this is why batman had guns

can't outbatman the batman

Aquaman's trident shoots tiny tridents.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    EjEGbTC.png

Robin has a halberd?

It has five prongs and the two on the sides are not just stubby little things. Quindent?

Couscous on
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    EjEGbTC.png

Robin has a halberd?

It has five prongs and the two on the sides are not just stubby little things. Quindent?

Quinjet.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Finally, my favorite DC hero, the butt of everyone's joke, gets his own major movie. His chance to make a real pop-culture comeback.

And it has to be in the brown-ass, miserable Snyderverse. It's like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Now you know how I feel as a Superman fan in the Snyderverse.

At least Superman has a history of pretty good to great television series debuting over the years. Aquaman has Superfriends. :P

Edit: I forgot, Aquaman has Brave and the Bold, which was amazing! <3

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

At least Superman has a history of pretty good to great television series debuting over the years. Aquaman has Superfriends. :P

Some DC fan (or exec) must've seen The Avengers and made a wish on a monkey's paw.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The animated movie Justice League: Throne of Atlantis was actually really good, one of their best animated movies, and took Arthur's journey to Aquaman in a really nice, simple, effective way that should have been done for the movie. They basically start with him on land and trying to be the peaceful middle ground to tensions with Atlantis because of his half-brother.

• Options

Aquaman's had solid representation in the last few cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T837zAuUMLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb4cLfWOvLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMZ2LO0yTMA

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

He said like two quippy things that entire series.

"Oh that's nice, did your husband make that for you?" (lol gay jokes mirite?!)

"Here's your change"

But his Peter was even more boring. He wasn't really... anything? And #3 was just.. what the fuck.

The problem with Tobey McGuire is that Raimi was going for 1980s "Revenge of the Nerds" tropes, where Tobey is a blameless victim who gets picked and bullied relentlessly on for a nerd. But he couldn't actually commit to it and make him and make Peter have all the super obnoxious nerd stereotypes because Peter is the leading man, so instead he just makes Tobey super bland and tries to imply that everyone only picks on him because he's super smart and they all hate smart people because being smart is dumb.

Webb realized that these outdated stereotypes are outdated. We live in the information age, being smart is cool, nerds are kings, and everyone is freaking out about getting into college and finding a good job. So instead of "Peter is picked on for being smart," you have "Peter is socially isolated because he's an orphan and he has a chip on his shoulder. You get the impression that the other kids like Peter, but they don't know how to relate to him. Which is actually a lot more accurate to the original 1960s pre-"Revenge of the Nerds" Peter Parker.

His version is also just a lot more realistic and relatable in general. Instead of trolling the streets for random crime (which is wildly inefficient because seriously -- how often does a crime happen in broad daylight right in front of you), he specifically listens to the police band for his Uncles killer. And he's quick to reveal his super identity to Gwen rather than creating unnecessary cliche drama, because let's face it, she's super hot and super smart and he's dying to tell someone.

Bringing this back to the DC Verse: Trolling for random criminals in the street dumb.

Batman is just one person. No matter how smart and how tough he is, he can only surveil so much space at any given moment. The police can cover far more ground than her can. It looks like the police were already on their way to arrest the pedophile guy. So why did anyone need Batman to show up in the first place?

In the comics, the reason you need Batman is for crooks who are too powerful for the police to take on directly, such as super villains and crime bosses. But those people are threats because Batman wants to bring them in alive. That makes them a lot harder to arrest (because you need evidence, and Batman isn't going to testify). It also means they can eventually break out of prison and return to their old ways.

But that all goes out the window if Batman is willing to kill. Because any time a new crime boss shows up, Batman shows up and murders him. No due process required. Eventually, crime bosses get the hint and move somewhere else.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Wait. Listening to the police scanner instead of randomly patrolling? Making smart choices?

Superior Spider-Man movie retroactively confirmed

• Options
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Wait. Listening to the police scanner instead of randomly patrolling? Making smart choices?

Superior Spider-Man movie retroactively confirmed

Yeah aside from Goomba-Lizard, it was a pretty accurate Spider-Man story.