As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weird Firefox crash on startup after deleting forms

SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front doorRegistered User regular
Hey guys, having weird crashes on startup of Firefox reoccurring even with safe mode and a fresh install. I had just deleted the forms and passwords out of the history since I had a problem with my Netflix password potentially being changed. I've reset all my passwords and malwarebytes is reporting 0 threats.

Any ideas? I just had facebook open when I deleted the forms and closed my browser afterwards.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Update: tried another fresh install. With safe mode it opens fine, notes that the previous session did not close correctly and offers to kill my old tab - just reddit as a homepage. I can navigate fine from there.

Opening in non-safe-mode I get a blank Web page that never renders and i have to kill the process.

If I try to change any Firefox settings it stalls and I have to kill the process

@bowen

Any thoughts?

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    We can close this, turns out there's a hidden userdata profile that Firefox imports - if you get a corrupted user profile, search for "%appdata%" and delete the Mozilla/Firefox files, then perform a uninstall and then a final install using the standard installer. You can't get a true clean install until you kill that corrupted profile, it keeps importing the damn thing.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Update: tried another fresh install. With safe mode it opens fine, notes that the previous session did not close correctly and offers to kill my old tab - just reddit as a homepage. I can navigate fine from there.

Opening in non-safe-mode I get a blank Web page that never renders and i have to kill the process.

If I try to change any Firefox settings it stalls and I have to kill the process

@bowen

Any thoughts?

Oh sorry man, I totally missed this batsignal!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me