As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Weird Firefox crash on startup after deleting forms

SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Today we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing.Registered User regular
Hey guys, having weird crashes on startup of Firefox reoccurring even with safe mode and a fresh install. I had just deleted the forms and passwords out of the history since I had a problem with my Netflix password potentially being changed. I've reset all my passwords and malwarebytes is reporting 0 threats.

Any ideas? I just had facebook open when I deleted the forms and closed my browser afterwards.

And will the morning come
All I know; we'll never see the sun
But together we'll fight the long defeat

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Today we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Update: tried another fresh install. With safe mode it opens fine, notes that the previous session did not close correctly and offers to kill my old tab - just reddit as a homepage. I can navigate fine from there.

Opening in non-safe-mode I get a blank Web page that never renders and i have to kill the process.

If I try to change any Firefox settings it stalls and I have to kill the process

@bowen

Any thoughts?

SummaryJudgment on
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Today we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing. Registered User regular
    We can close this, turns out there's a hidden userdata profile that Firefox imports - if you get a corrupted user profile, search for "%appdata%" and delete the Mozilla/Firefox files, then perform a uninstall and then a final install using the standard installer. You can't get a true clean install until you kill that corrupted profile, it keeps importing the damn thing.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Update: tried another fresh install. With safe mode it opens fine, notes that the previous session did not close correctly and offers to kill my old tab - just reddit as a homepage. I can navigate fine from there.

Opening in non-safe-mode I get a blank Web page that never renders and i have to kill the process.

If I try to change any Firefox settings it stalls and I have to kill the process

@bowen

Any thoughts?

Oh sorry man, I totally missed this batsignal!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me