As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardew Valley - Join us. Thrive.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    don't forget the crab pots work in the river farm

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    They also work in the ponds in the farm if all you want is crap fish to make sashimi and deluxe fertilizer

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I wish there was more you could do with the farm ponds

I have ZERO idea if he plans to make any more content, but that's definitely an avenue for it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I am mid way through my first fall. Got the kitchen upgrade for my house and a coop with 2 chickens and a silo. Currently saving up for a barn and have been preparing a big paddock for the coop and barn to share. Have copper everything except my hoe. But disappointed that the copper pickaxe doesn't remove the big stones on my farm.

I don't think I'm playing very efficiently/optimally. Some in-game days I just run around tidying things up and getting distracted. But I'm enjoying it a lot. Yesterday I was out all day and didn't play but I was thinking about how to redesign my farm as it grows and decided to make make flower garden in front of my house and got all excited.

One thing I really wish the game had is a menu showing the gold and resource requirements for all the buildings/equipment you can buy. I waste a lot of time because I trek over to Robin for something and then discover I'm missing one of the components because I never remember what things need.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I am mid way through my first fall. Got the kitchen upgrade for my house and a coop with 2 chickens and a silo. Currently saving up for a barn and have been preparing a big paddock for the coop and barn to share. Have copper everything except my hoe. But disappointed that the copper pickaxe doesn't remove the big stones on my farm.

I don't think I'm playing very efficiently/optimally. Some in-game days I just run around tidying things up and getting distracted. But I'm enjoying it a lot. Yesterday I was out all day and didn't play but I was thinking about how to redesign my farm as it grows and decided to make make flower garden in front of my house and got all excited.

One thing I really wish the game had is a menu showing the gold and resource requirements for all the buildings/equipment you can buy. I waste a lot of time because I trek over to Robin for something and then discover I'm missing one of the components because I never remember what things need.

You're only being inefficient if you're not having fun!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

I'm only a little ahead of you, just started summer in my second year.

And yeah. Would love a list of requirements for buildings.

I'm trying to save up to build a storehouse so I can keep my jars of preserves in for winter. But I keep forgetting what I need.

It takes me about six game hours to water all my plants, milk my cow, collect the eggs, etc. But I timed it OK this spring to have nothing in the fields on the last day.

• Options

I use the wiki for the resource requirements stuff

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have been doing that too, but it would be nice to have an in-game feature for it.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    And like others have said, dont worry about being inefficient. The game just plain wont punish you aside from : maybe you realise a bundle thing was LAST season, but eh, they come around again. And slow relationship decay.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    And once you hit 10 hearts on someone (or 8 on someone you can potentially marry) then it stops decaying all together.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah there are a couple of ones where you realise that you need to catch that tough fish and it can only happen in fall at night when it rains

I spent a bit of time with 1.1, but honestly I'm not gonna fully dig back into this until co-op is a thing.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I have a bunch of QOL mods which i guess break the game a bit

open storage chests from anywhere (solves gifts/mining/fishing backpack slot problem).
    add peoples favorite gifts to their birthday calender
    map that shows where everyone is at any time (makes it easy to get daily talk to everyone)

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    That map one sounds amazing

Is modding this game easy? If it's a pain in the arse I won't bother but if it's a simple thing then maybe I'll get a couple

• Options
    There are some cosmetic mods that are just overwriting the data in the directory.

The ones that I mentioned above need you to drop a new .exe in the directory, make a mods folder and run the game from the new exe

pretty simple imo

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I caught some fish!

I had 3 things of trout soup in me.

but i caught them!

and then dropped them off at the community center.

• Options
    I'm 99% sure that you can't stack food.

Only the last one you eat affects you

• Options
    WELL.

HMM

then i wasted 2 trout soups.

but I felt more powerful, dammit!

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I wish there was more you could do with the farm ponds

I have ZERO idea if he plans to make any more content, but that's definitely an avenue for it

Cranberry bogs when?

• Options
    Fishing is still a pain in my arse, but I somehow managed to win the fishing competition at the winter festival, so go me.

Exploring the mine is also a little tedious. I don't find the combat very interesting. And I HATE that scrolling down on the mousewheel goes up the hotkey bar. That makes me rage so much.

I love the palette changes and little details through the season's, like leaves on rooves. This game is so damn charming.

• Options
    Fishing is still a pain in my arse, but I somehow managed to win the fishing competition at the winter festival, so go me.

Exploring the mine is also a little tedious. I don't find the combat very interesting. And I HATE that scrolling down on the mousewheel goes up the hotkey bar. That makes me rage so much.

I love the palette changes and little details through the season's, like leaves on rooves. This game is so damn charming.

there's a setting in options to reverse the scroll wheel thing

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Downloaded the most important mod.

Chubby cows.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Downloaded the most important mod.

Chubby cows.

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/354/?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    oh one important thing , the greenhouse, in the non dirt, you can plant trees. placed correctly you can fit a total of 16 fruit trees around the outer ring. Year round fruit = $$.
    jw5snsdtsne4.jpg

also, if use lesser sprinklers around the edges you can cover the center dirt with just 4 iridium sprinklers

edit: I've torn down and put back up the bottom 4 a couple times, because sometimes it does piss me off that I can't see those crops as esaily

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Ohhh so it turns out I can have all the girlfriends. At once. This pleases me. Content hooo

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I thought planting trees in the floor was going to get patched out?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I thought planting trees in the floor was going to get patched out?

it was removed in 1.07 and re-added in 1.1

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Glory to 1.1

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Guys... Guys the boys in this game are stupid adorable. It's ridiculous.

• Options
    My Stardew Valley players guide arrived from FanGamer! I guess I missed on the signed ones?

this thing is a gorgeous hardcover fully coloured. really happy with it

some quick pics off a iphone (really dont do it justice)
    1E23DD1C-6848-4960-89D6-BFC6F7BB237B_zpsdcanrg47.jpg

C3081462-09AD-4189-A3C2-77D901A37C54_zpso3t3llge.jpg

79AA59E3-11AF-44D4-A693-A89000255880_zpssrqz7ezf.jpg

2D92D3EF-3095-45A0-9E76-E866A06DB463_zpsurvacksk.jpg

5E09E257-D486-482B-8C05-FBD6F834BE23_zps17s4jmmn.jpg

03B59ED2-8FEE-493E-94D3-D5C1C7B3811C_zpsw1qpdufv.jpg

46302EEF-8ABA-444F-AD89-75258589B0E3_zps2pjrkxgm.jpg

77CEB78F-CDCD-46AC-9513-119E42018B89_zpsa1nepdku.jpg

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I didn't know that thing had all kinds of original art. that's sweet as hell.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    guys.

I want to romance Elliot.

He's just so... romanceable.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    He also looks like Beast after he gets turned back into a human so there's that.

Also, SDV's fan community is not nearly as weird as I thought they'd be and I'm relieved but also slightly disappointed.

Edit: Shane... Bud. Get your shit together man. Get it all together, put it in a little bag, or a backpack, so it's all together.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    I'm stuck between Elliot and Shane, tbh.

Elliot let me into his house!

<3

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    He also looks like Beast after he gets turned back into a human so there's that.

Also, SDV's fan community is not nearly as weird as I thought they'd be and I'm relieved but also slightly disappointed.

Edit: Shane... Bud. Get your shit together man. Get it all together, put it in a little bag, or a backpack, so it's all together.

Did you want a big hands mod to fully get your yaoi on?

• Options
    When is the ability to romance Linus coming. Let me have my fellow hermit loner with me!

• Options

<3

I still can't decide between Leah and Shane. Leah's very cool but she seems pretty happy and frankly that's a bit boring. Shane is kind of a walking disaster which I find way more interesting.

• Options

<3

I still can't decide between Leah and Shane. Leah's very cool but she seems pretty happy and frankly that's a bit boring. Shane is kind of a walking disaster which I find way more interesting.

yeah

Shane was going to be my initial target. but I just keep seeing Elliot and going all googoo.

which sounds so very strange.

I was going to also go for Jodi at first, mainly cause I missed that she was married.

Heading into Autumn Year 2. I'll have about 30k gold to do so with.

I haven't done any socializing though. It takes me forever to water all my crops.

• Options
    Yeah I find it hard to have the time to find and talk to everyone daily. I try and get to the tavern every Friday evening though because at least there you can guarantee seeing quite a few of them.

Also the dialogue just repeats now so running around looking for people doesn't feel very rewarding.

• Options
    My friendship levels directly correspond to how close to my farm you are , the bus driver was the first person I maxed.

My choice of mate also felt pretty shallow, Abigail, because there's no Pink haired spouse, so I GUESS purple has to do.

• Options
    The bus has a driver??

This discussion has been closed.