As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Free the proletariat! Repeal the size limit! Eat the [chat]!

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    leah looks a lot like one of BC's avatars.
    *pulls out notepad*
    why don't you have a seat on that couch? We can talk about your feelings for fifty minutes.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Could one cat defeat another cat in a fair fight tho
    ---
    We ought not compromise what is possible just because it is inconvenient.

My thesis on ip regimes, encryption, washing one's hands

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    A cat fight goes like this.

Whichever cat can ignore the other cat the longest and with the most derision wins

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    sneaky-cat.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    guy who upgraded an app server was a little upset with me that I defended apple's actions for telling the gov't to go fuck themselves, he justified it as they were terrorists and that the company who owned the phone should be the one that makes the final call.

Sorry guy who did the server, it just doesn't sit well with me, feels like a 4th amendment violation and I'd rather Apple not give away that shit.

I didn't say much when you started going on about terrorists because I didn't want to argue politics at work with an independent vendor.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    *pulls out notepad*
    why don't you have a seat on that couch? We can talk about your feelings for fifty minutes.
    *gets on couch*

Where do you want to begin.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    tumblr_o2r9uavrNs1r6vccjo1_540.jpg

I'm pretty sure this isn't D&D 3.5e and I could beat a housecat in a fair fight.

bro could you though

could any of us

Yes. I am certain that all of us could fight a housecat successfully.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    I could fight 6 housecats

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    HEY LEAH IS MY WAIFU

*sips cider*

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Girlfriend hasn't come out to a lot of the people she sees in non-professional capacity (or professional capacity, but w/e).

She has suggested trolling groups of friends of hers as a method of coming out.

This is a thing I have done with my own coming out, so clearly she is the best and has the best ideas.

• Options
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure this isn't D&D 3.5e and I could beat a housecat in a fair fight.

bro could you though

could any of us

*moments before he was violently eviscerated by a house cat*

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    This is like when J thought he could fight a dog

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I made a totally rad omelette earlier and I think I will make another one for dinner

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    *pulls out notepad*
    *gets on couch*

Where do you want to begin.

with your insurance information and $100 copay/coinsurance. Have you met your annual deductible yet?

• Options
    I made a totally rad omelette earlier and I think I will make another one for dinner

no mushrooms!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

what all at once?

madness

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    bowen wrote: »
    guy who upgraded an app server was a little upset with me that I defended apple's actions for telling the gov't to go fuck themselves, he justified it as they were terrorists and that the company who owned the phone should be the one that makes the final call.

Sorry guy who did the server, it just doesn't sit well with me, feels like a 4th amendment violation and I'd rather Apple not give away that shit.

I didn't say much when you started going on about terrorists because I didn't want to argue politics at work with an independent vendor.
    Dead people don't have 4th amendment rights, and they have a warrant.

I'm against it because the government should not be trying to force weaker encryption on us. Encryption is weak enough as it is. I read about rainbow tables, and predictable salt creation and damn near shit my britches.

If the federal government can backdoor into my iphone. Anonymous can backdoor into my iphone, and Israel, and Russia. The government is terrible at keeping secrets, and there isn't a security clearance on math.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Dogs are typically larger than housecats.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    ~~what the fbi is doing doesn't even have to do with encryption~~

~~aaaarghuthetuhetun~~

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Dogs are typically larger than housecats.

yes but is j larger than a dog

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

bro could you though

could any of us

One time, when I was 14 or 15 years old, we brought a stray cat into the house, as it was a blustery, bitterly cold winter day, no fit place for any living creature

He was an orange tabby and we brought him in and we gave him water and food, and let him have free roam of the house for the night

The following morning, I stroll down the hall to the bathroom, shirtless, intending to take a shower

As I reach the bathroom, I come ankles-to-face with this orange tabby, who's sitting expectantly on the linoleum tiles of the bathroom floor

We regard one another for perhaps a full second before he leaps and, all 20 claws fully extended, suspends himself from the flesh of my chest

The flesh yields, unfortunately, and our hapless feline friend instead slides down my torso, claws digging a trench the whole way down until he hits the waistband of my pants and falls to the floor

The lesson here is that I am not so confident in my ability to win a fight with a housecat, particularly if I am not appropriately attired

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    jeMerKO.jpg

i cri every time :<

• Options
    They come for you.

635717299809538177716757603_catwithgun.jpg

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    god, i fucking hate justin bieber

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Once again he cheated the hangman at the brink,
    and made the elephant disappear (but not extinct),
    It's the other guy with the alliterative name you seek,
    The one who beat the devil four times a week.

YOU JERK I AM SO BAD AT RIDDLES

elephant = republican? politics? don't talk about politics? alliterative name - chris christie, donald drumpf, martin o malley?
    beat the devil four times a week - fiddle game? cosmic battle? jesus? what happens 4 times a week? a theater performance or something? is there a religion with 4 services a week standard?

cheated the hangman at the brink, more than once - close calls? down but not out?

some religious stuff here and in elki's first riddle - but not the last two riddles:

"With his cousin against his cousin for the two's telegrams did not help. Was many things, but a bigamist not one."

"He made many for America's game, and put on a few different uniforms. But let's just talk about the game. They were out of the playoffs hunt, nothing to play for, and facing the Yankees. Goddamn Yankees. He's been losing all season, is gonna be traded when it's done, is famous for what he used to be but what does that count for now. His love life wasn't much better. So he takes the field, thinking about his pain, thinking about love, thinking about love lost, thinking about his dad. He pitched a perfect game. He's done. He finds her."

sig.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Never trust that fairly small animals won't be able to wreck you if they feel threatened.

• Options
    Cats can't use my one weakness.

Water.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I guess maybe also I'm just over John Oliver's schtick, which is loudly yelling slightly sexually creepy things about things liberals feel really strongly about

it's less the daily show and more "liberal yelling guy who makes a lot of dick jokes"

as a member of the liberal....

• Options

i cri every time :<

omg

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    speaking of data and privacy i don't know why but john oliver's recent rant about the Apple thing kind of left me feeling weird

I don't know why. I can't explain what bothered me about it beyond "the joke ad at the end wasn't really very funny and didn't seem to add anything to his overall thesis" but then I worried i was taking him to seriously but then but then i wondered how seriously I'm supposed to take john oliver

on the other hand, i loved the john oliver segment

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    This case the government has a good case for its push.

The real owner of the phone, the county, said it is okay. They have a warrant. The user is dead by police after shooting at police. And thus feels all the need of the forth amendment for a proper search and seizure I would say.

Problem is the county never installed the app to let them break into the phone which they bought. The FBI fucked up guessing passwords. And they are trying to do a last ditch effort to cover it up.

Really they should ask darpa, my guess they are did this. Though I remember there was some James Bond level stuff for the finger print opening and I am surprised they aren't going that route.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    also i don't want to sound like an internet tough guy but i'm pretty sure i could brutally end the lives of several house cats at the same time

i think most of you could also

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

Dead people don't have 4th amendment rights, and they have a warrant.

I'm against it because the government should not be trying to force weaker encryption on us. Encryption is weak enough as it is. I read about rainbow tables, and predictable salt creation and damn near shit my britches.

If the federal government can backdoor into my iphone. Anonymous can backdoor into my iphone, and Israel, and Russia. The government is terrible at keeping secrets, and there isn't a security clearance on math.

Yeah, just because this guy is dead doesn't mean the next guy will be. That's where I'm uncomfortable.

I may not be 50 years old, but I know damn well the government is a bunch of shit bags when they get power.

I'm probably already on several lists.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    I guess maybe also I'm just over John Oliver's schtick, which is loudly yelling slightly sexually creepy things about things liberals feel really strongly about

it's less the daily show and more "liberal yelling guy who makes a lot of dick jokes"

as a member of the liberal....

maybe you're thinking too much into an episode you didn't like?

because that is not his schtick

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    arch have you considered the possibility that you're wrong about everything though

quick, what's your current opinion of tucson?

sig.gif
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    As a side note, that occasion was the 11th most I've ever bled from a single incident

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Never trust that fairly small animals won't be able to wreck you if they feel threatened.

Seeing as the only recorded incident of a cat killing somebody was by sitting on a sleeping baby, I'm willing to take my chances.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    speaking of data and privacy i don't know why but john oliver's recent rant about the Apple thing kind of left me feeling weird

I don't know why. I can't explain what bothered me about it beyond "the joke ad at the end wasn't really very funny and didn't seem to add anything to his overall thesis" but then I worried i was taking him to seriously but then but then i wondered how seriously I'm supposed to take john oliver

on the other hand, i loved the john oliver segment

the only reason i watched is cause of ur FB post

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    there is no stopping the countdown
    the pages still fall
    death comes for us soon
    it comes for us all

friendship is magical

D1kM0tM.jpg

This discussion has been closed.