As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 11 on 7/20, Challenge Rifts & Necromancer - Patch 2.6 IS LIVE

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    It's horrible for Crusader, too. One time I did it, it bugged and I couldn't finish the bounty (killed all 6, but not until the timer for the second chest was expired). I did it another time, and I was able to finish the bounty. So it's likely still bugged.

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Anyone been keeping tabs on how Vyr's is on the PTR? I haven't played much at all since finishing the season journey and would really like to swing some lazer dong next season to do the journey if it's not garbage or nerfed into the ground.

Probably end up running whatever is the quickest to do the journey again like this season but ideally Archon lazering would be that or close to it since I haven't played a channel wizard since vanilla.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Current season 6 free sets:

DH: Marauder

Barb: Raekor

Wiz: DMO

WD: Zuni

Monk: Inna

Crusader: Akkahn

Not sure where that puts me. I am not a real big fan on any of those.

Akkahn's is bad. Zuni's needs super rare daggers to be good. I hate raekors. DMO is beastly for pushing GR's, but miserable for anything less.

I guess maybe Monk or DH. Really not sure. Probably DH?

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »

Akkahn's is bad. Zuni's needs super rare daggers too bad. I hate raekors. DMO is beastly for pushing GR's, but miserable for anything less.

Tempted to roll a Wiz for next season thanks to this post. What are the daggers needed to make the WD good?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Akkahn's is bad. Zuni's needs super rare daggers too bad. I hate raekors. DMO is beastly for pushing GR's, but miserable for anything less.

Tempted to roll a Wiz for next season thanks to this post. What are the daggers needed to make the WD good?

Starmetal Kukri and Dagger of Darts.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

Starmetal Kukri and Dagger of Darts.

Thanks!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    What items do you get for the original five class sets? Just the armor slots, since they all have a weapon, off hand, or jewellery slot?

butts
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    @Betsuni you need both daggers for the standard pushing build, but you could just do a pure pet build with just the starmetal kukri. Also, getting a class weapon isn't to bad worth the cube upgrade.

Based on that, I'm looking at DH or monk... Though inna's looked like maybe not the funnest.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Hmm...if I want marauders it honestly seems easier to just do another season DH...but that wiz would be fun and so different. Monk too. Anyone want to counter that in fact crusader is the set to go for? And that WD would just be a run around with pets build right?

Yeaaa probs monk. Do we know for sure when the next season starts?

• Options
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Betsuni you need both daggers for the standard pushing build, but you could just do a pure pet build with just the starmetal kukri. Also, getting a class weapon isn't to bad worth the cube upgrade.

Based on that, I'm looking at DH or monk... Though inna's looked like maybe not the funnest.

Ok thanks for the info. Never tried a WD before since their character models creeped me out.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Really you could probably get the stash tab without SMK as well, given the 2pc Zuni and Enforcer bonuses. BBV slam dance is a nice damage boost, but you can find a bunch of ways to get 30-50% additional damage.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Dang, I only guessed 2 sets correctly.

Most of those I can understand, but I'm really surprised they went with Inna with so many changes to the raiment build

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Raekor seems a bit odd for Barbs. Most of the end game builds seem to be Wrath of the Wastes, Might of Earth, or that IK/Raekor hybrid that's more IK than Raekor.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Raekor seems a bit odd for Barbs. Most of the end game builds seem to be Wrath of the Wastes, Might of Earth, or that IK/Raekor hybrid that's more IK than Raekor.

unless they've got some changes to raekor we haven't seen yet, yeah that's a pretty poor choice

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    jergarmarjergarmar hollow man crew goes pew pew pewRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Another episode in "adventures of a D3 newbie".

I think I'm beginning to realize just how much variation I can put into a single character. Like, while levelling I was doing this Dash -> Ground Stomp -> Rend thing, but then my 70 set "encouraged" me to use Leap (for the free Earthquake), so I started doing Leap -> double Earthquake -> Hammer of Ancients. So now I need to reroll attributes or look for gear with different bonuses. Which I discovered is a fun process.

Hey guys I think I get it.
    I'm such a noob.

EDIT: Are the spoiler tags broken? Maybe just me? (EDIT2: Ah, not just me. EDIT3: Ah, fixed now.)

jergarmar on
    When I was a child, I had a fever...
    jswidget.php?username=jergarmar&numitems=7&text=none&images=small&show=hot10&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    My BoardGameGeek profile
    Battle.net: TheGerm#1430 (Hearthstone, Destiny 2)
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'll be on vacation at home next week, so I'll hopefully find some time for various D3 things. I have to take care of some crap around the house, too. If you're crazy enough to be on during the day, you may see me futzing around.

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Column wrote: »
    Anyone been keeping tabs on how Vyr's is on the PTR? I haven't played much at all since finishing the season journey and would really like to swing some lazer dong next season to do the journey if it's not garbage or nerfed into the ground.

Probably end up running whatever is the quickest to do the journey again like this season but ideally Archon lazering would be that or close to it since I haven't played a channel wizard since vanilla.
    For what it's worth, I completed a grift level 85 with my Vyr's Wiz on the PTR, and last I checked someone completed a level 100. They buffed it to insane lengths on the PTR.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular

For what it's worth, I completed a grift level 85 with my Vyr's Wiz on the PTR, and last I checked someone completed a level 100. They buffed it to insane lengths on the PTR.
    How recent was the 85? I spent a few minutes skimming PTR stuff the other day and it looks like they reverted the 300% buff to 30% and all other Vyr buffs were canceled, only the Archon skill itself has any changes. They're apparently still good changes and it looks like Vyr's is in a decent to great spot just not nuts like it was early PTR nor the most OP thing wiz has.

I'll have to check it out again closer the season start but I was banking on Vyr being the free set and doesn't look like it will be sadly. At least the portrait looks pretty swanky, so happy about that. The banner or whatever the game calls them you put on your back isn't too bad either.

• Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Assume we'll be able to do 90s solo with the craziest motherfuckers cracking 100. Usually goes up about 10 lvls a patch.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Marauders... *grins* *orgasms*

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I have started creating alts to clear up stash space and so I don't have to mess around changing skills to try out things like set dungeons?

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    no

its bad when you buy the collectors edition for the extra two character slots so that you can get two more mules

>.>

<.<

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Damn you Uliana's Dungeon, could you please either have enemies closer together, or faster enemies? Trying to lead slow ass skeletons into groups of 21+ is infuriating. I'm under a time limit here for heaven's sake!

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular

How recent was the 85? I spent a few minutes skimming PTR stuff the other day and it looks like they reverted the 300% buff to 30% and all other Vyr buffs were canceled, only the Archon skill itself has any changes. They're apparently still good changes and it looks like Vyr's is in a decent to great spot just not nuts like it was early PTR nor the most OP thing wiz has.

I'll have to check it out again closer the season start but I was banking on Vyr being the free set and doesn't look like it will be sadly. At least the portrait looks pretty swanky, so happy about that. The banner or whatever the game calls them you put on your back isn't too bad either.

Sadly it was a couple of weeks ago.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    They're still clearing well into the 90s, don't panic

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So I booted up Diablo 3 and I'm kinda confused since I never played end-game much.

Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/formalcloud-1651/hero/56271030

I have a bunch of Rift Keystone fragments but apparently they are useless now? I honestly don't even remember what they might have been for.

Can someone summarize end-game for me or link me to a youtube that does such? Right now I am just doing those quests on each zone for chests and farming for paragon levels.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    You used to need 5 rift key fragments to enter a rift, now you can always enter a rift for free and even from level 1. You can vendor yours.

As you clear your way through higher difficulty levels, rift bosses can give you a greater rift key. Greater rifts are the ideal source of legendaries, as well as blood shards and legendary gems.

Blood shards are spent in town to Kadala, as a "gambling" mechanic. Pay your shards and have roughly 10% chance of getting a legendary, including sets. Not worth it for weapons.

Legendary gems are VERY powerful gems that can only go into jewelry, so jewelry sockets are basically mandatory. By completing greater rifts you can level these gems to make them stronger.

Legendary items now also have a chance to be "Ancient", making them roughly 30% stronger. This is especially important on weapons, and is indicated by a gold border around the item.

You can use a waypoint in adventure mode to get to Ruins of Sescheron in act 3 - run through there and you'll find an item called Kanai's Cube. You'll find this back in town near the ghost of Zultan Kulle.

The cube is a really powerful crafting-ish tool, taking your materials, death's breath, and act-specific bounty items to generate or reroll gear. Save death's breath to use with materials and a Rare (yellow) level 70 item to create a legendary of that type, especially good for getting weapons!

The cube interface shows most of the recipes, but you can also transmute these "secret" ones:
    One puzzle ring - open a portal to the Greed realm
    One Bovine Bardiche - open a portal to the Cow level

The bounty mats allow you to "extract" powers into the cube, where you can select a weapon, armor, and jewelry power to benefit you passively. If you play to a point that you have an abundance of bounty mats and forgotten souls, you can even reroll legendary items, treating it as a completely new drop. This is best saved for very rare items that you are trying to make perfect.

Then if you ever find yourself with extra legendary gems and a build you really enjoy, you can use a cube recipe to sacrifice the gem and add your main stat to an ancient item.

That's probably most of what you've missed while away, but feel free to ask questions in the thread and join the PAF community if you want to request an invite to the forum's clan.

p.s. sorry for length, not sure if spoilers are still busted

Noggin on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Noggin wrote: »
    You used to need 5 rift key fragments to enter a rift, now you can always enter a rift for free and even from level 1. You can vendor yours.

As you clear your way through higher difficulty levels, rift bosses can give you a greater rift key. Greater rifts are the ideal source of legendaries, as well as blood shards and legendary gems.

Blood shards are spent in town to Kadala, as a "gambling" mechanic. Pay your shards and have roughly 10% chance of getting a legendary, including sets. Not worth it for weapons.

Legendary gems are VERY powerful gems that can only go into jewelry, so jewelry sockets are basically mandatory. By completing greater rifts you can level these gems to make them stronger.

You can use a waypoint in adventure mode to get to Ruins of Sescheron in act 3 - run through there and you'll find an item called Kanai's Cube. You'll find this back in town near the ghost of Zultan Kulle.

The cube is a really powerful crafting-ish tool, taking your materials, death's breath, and act-specific bounty items to generate or reroll gear. Save death's breath to use with materials and a Rare (yellow) level 70 item to create a legendary of that type, especially good for getting weapons!

The bounty mats allow you to "extract" powers into the cube, where you can select a weapon, armor, and jewelry power to benefit you passively. If you play to a point that you have an abundance of bounty mats and forgotten souls, you can even reroll legendary items, treating it as a completely new drop. This is best saved for very rare items that you are trying to make perfect.

That's probably most of what you've missed while away, but feel free to ask questions in the thread and join the PAF community if you want to request an invite to the forum's clan.

p.s. sorry for length, not sure if spoilers are still busted

Excellent summary with exactly the right amount of details for my own homework on things.

Thank you very much

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    Sure, no problem. I edited in a couple parts I missed on the first pass... namely ancient items, cube recipes, and augment gear with extra legendary gems.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Haha. First thing I get from using Blood Shards.

*Edit* Woo! Also got my first Firebird set piece from gloves.

B8pISnt.png

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    Oh no, I said it's NOT worth it to use blood shards on weapons. It costs too much and is too random. Not really worth for jewelry either.

Blood shards are best spent trying to get something specific, like if you want more firebirds pieces.

But grats on your sword! :razz:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Oh no, I said it's NOT worth it to use blood shards on weapons. It costs too much and is too random. Not really worth for jewelry either.

Blood shards are best spent trying to get something specific, like if you want more firebirds pieces.

Hah yeah, I gave it shot at a 1 handed item once, at a chance for a sweet wand. Just had to do. I HAVE GAMBLING PROBLEMS. Now I am just using shards to try and get set pieces. (YAY BLOOD THIEVES!)

I put 6 hours into this game last night after only expecting to log on and off real fast. lol.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular

Hah yeah, I gave it shot at a 1 handed item once, at a chance for a sweet wand. Just had to do. I HAVE GAMBLING PROBLEMS. Now I am just using shards to try and get set pieces. (YAY BLOOD THIEVES!)

I put 6 hours into this game last night after only expecting to log on and off real fast. lol.

THE THIRST IS REAL

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    OK. So... let me understand this Cube correctly. I can take a legendary power off an item and store it in a library of sorts to then apply when I want to OTHER legendaries? Yes?

Because this is OP as shit for my current setup right now and I want to keep it with me FOREVER.

UxkX29o.png

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    OK. So... let me understand this Cube correctly. I can take a legendary power off an item and store it in a library of sorts to then apply when I want to OTHER legendaries? Yes?

Because this is OP as shit for my current setup right now and I want to keep it with me FOREVER.

UxkX29o.png

Yes that's right. There is a lot of competition for ring slots though. e.g. you can cube that and use Focus + Restraint, but then you don't get a Ring of Royal Grandeur.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Not to other legendaries.

Once you have extracted at least one legendary power, you can equip a power in the slots of;

Weapon, Armor, Jewelry.

So if you extract 3 weapon properties, you can only have one of them equipped. Not counting what actual weapons you have equipped. But if you have a weapon, armor, and jewelry power extracted, you can equip all 3.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    With the cube and a 6 set thete are a ton of fun builds that are tX viable so feel free to experiment.

Do note that you need mats from bounties. The best way to do this is to bonus split farm. You find a multiplayer game where you can solo with 4 players in it, and each chase the bounty in the act that's marked on the map as bonus. That gives double the mats.
    Because of the breakpoints in loot from bounty caches you want to do this on t2, t7 or tX

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Welp. I just got a taste of how greater rifts work with the gems.

I'll see you guys in 6 months. Someone please come feed my dog.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    Ya, it's more like you apply it to the cube slot, or to yourself if you want to think of it that way.

Like if you extract that ring, click the third cube slot (which should light up after the extract anyway) and pick the ring.

If you have more than one item extracted, you can go to the cube in town and change the selected item whenever you want; no additional materials needed.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I feel like RoRG has almost completely fallen out of style due to the crazy number of good pieces of jewelry

This discussion has been closed.