As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 11 on 7/20, Challenge Rifts & Necromancer - Patch 2.6 IS LIVE

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I do have band of might cubed. I could probably stand to have more Life per Fury spent on my leapquake build, I forget how much i have. Probably just on belt but not weapon.

With IK/Raekor this is probably mostly just a "player skill" thing but I'm having problems getting used to Furious Charge. I'll be all infinitely chaining it and then suddenly hit a window where I just can't get it to stay at 1 charge or higher. I'll whiff a charge or hit only two enemies (which seems to be in the dead zone of "no charge resets for you"). I get real frustrated whenever this happens because my momentum just totally dies.

The Boulder toss does do insane damage, and while sometimes it seems to take out a nice sized area of enemies, sometimes I toss it and it hits 1 mob. I just don't like boulder toss really. Throw a rock. What an interesting skill.

Then I played my non-season wiz where I had basically infinite teleports and much more damage that was easier to deliver. Granted, my wiz has really good, specialized gear. It just feels nicer to play though.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I do have band of might cubed. I could probably stand to have more Life per Fury spent on my leapquake build, I forget how much i have. Probably just on belt but not weapon.

yeah, having it on weapon is huge.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Fonjo wrote: »
    So, is socketing the biggest emerald you can find into your weapon as a fresh 70 still the best route for damage?

huh? why wouldn't you use a ruby instead?

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Fonjo wrote: »
    So, is socketing the biggest emerald you can find into your weapon as a fresh 70 still the best route for damage?

huh? why wouldn't you use a ruby instead?

(at 70) Emerald gives more of a damage boost

• Options
    ruby while leveling yeah, but the multipliers from critical hits are the bulk of your damage so more crit hit damage is always going to win out over flat damage

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    oh sorry I didn't see at 70

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Blergh, Sunwuko dungeon is one of those "don't have gear that's TOO good" ones.

Might reroll another character just to knock out some set dungeons. Monks seem to be terrible.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Most of the Monk dungeons are garbage. Raiment one is fine, wearing Nems makes it much easier.

Easy ones to do for conquest would be:
    Barb: Immortal Kings.
    Demon Hunter: Marauder and Nats are pretty simple (nats is easier, requires cooldown reduction), Marauder just remember where the worms pop out.
    Crusader: Invokers is so easy. Esoteric gem helps and so does gizzard. Falling sword dungeon isn't too bad either in a pinch.
    Witch Doctor: Arachyr dungeon easy.

I wouldn't, but if you really want to:
    Wiz: Firebirds is iffy... easyish with frost immune ammy, hardest part is dying once if you use the amulet (which you pretty much need to). Vyrs is easy if you have movement speed and decent Vyrs bits.
    Monk: Raiment like i said, but it's easy to miss mobs and spend too much time searching for them.

Dungeons to avoid:
    Monk: Uliana. FUCK. THIS. PLACE.
    Barb: Wastes. ^ ^ ^
    Crusader: sweeping strikes one....

Now, after having typed all that out... you can bring people along to help you in the dungeons. They follow the same rule of No Deaths, but they can skirt the other rules, like taking poison damage or fire damage or something. Still, it's best if they wear the resist amulets if they have them, just to avoid being 1 shot by some of the damage. I find UE DHs the best to bring along to help, they just multishot spam to kill everything in the room and move on.

Get your primary goals done, then unleash the DH to clear the rest of the dungeon. I used a DH for Uliana, couldn't take it any more, they cleared rooms as I moved on and when I got the primaries done, they just went berserk and finished off the rest of the zone.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    firebird is actually real easy now, just run FB archon. the last round of changes made it a cinch.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    My brother got me back in to this the other day. I stopped playing shortly after paragon levels were introduced out of frustration. Gotta say its a lot more fun this time around. Finished the first three chapters of this season, 4th seems to be a lot more demanding.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    It is, but only because the first 3 are pretty much just "Play the game.". The 4th is "Play the game and get a few drops, may take longer than an hour".

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Updating and hopping onto D3 for the first time in well over a year. Is the PA Clan still reasonably active at this point in S8?

Might try to aim myself towards a UE Multishot DH.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Season 9 (January-ish) appeared on the PTR, with this portrait and pet (perhaps in honor of shadow of the colossus / last guardian? :) )
    ZiDsZnx.png

These Conquests:
    - The Thrill - GR 45 no set items
    - Sprinter - Campaign in an hour
    - Avarice - 50m gold streak
    - Speed Demon - TX rift in 2 minutes
    - Curses! - 350 kills on TX cursed chest

And confirmation that the free set cycle is indeed repeating:
    - Barbarian - Might of the Earth
    - Demon Hunter - Shadow
    - Monk - Sunwuko
    - Crusader - Invoker
    - Wizard - Firebird
    - Witch Doctor - Jade

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I really like that pet.

Looks like it will be monk for me. Sunwuko will knock curses and speed demon out of the park, and can solo GR70 pretty straight forward.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I had a hell of a time with the Monk dungeon last season.

Got the witch doctor one last night first try.

Blizz, plz.

In other news, reason why I say Reaper of Souls is the best dungeon crawler ever made #116:
    A friend rolled a new barb the other night. Hardly ever plays or played. Bought D3 a couple seasons ago, but probably has <10 hours in the game in total. Another friend (Another barb, as it happens) and I (Witch doctor) are playing T8 or so. We got the new barb to 70 in <2 hrs and last night I got him through his season journey in about 2 hours. Using Icy Veins to help him ramp up to where we're at despite not really knowing how to play so well (I basically just use Ice Veins builds entirely because I don't play enough to experiment anyway).

So 4-5 hours and he's playing with us at Torment VIII.

In most games, it's an awful grind to get new people up to where you're at so they can join you.

• Options
    What are these dungeons?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Areas that you need the matching set to enter the portal to. Once inside you have to do specific goals in the time limit. Some of these are easier than other stupidly designed ones (you can be over geared).

The whole thing starts in the Royal Quarter in Leoric's Mansion. The actual portals for each set are scattered all over, best to look up where.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Areas that you need the matching set to enter the portal to. Once inside you have to do specific goals in the time limit. Some of these are easier than other stupidly designed ones (you can be over geared).

The whole thing starts in the Royal Quarter in Leoric's Mansion. The actual portals for each set are scattered all over, best to look up where.

There's a book in the Royal Quarters that, if you're wearing a full class set (Enough to get all the bonuses, so you can be wearing 5 pieces and a ring of royal grandeur and it still works) will drop a sheet of paper with a clue as to where the set dungeon for that class set is located (Each set has it's own dungeon location).

The clue may or may not be too cryptic to decipher on your own. :P

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    You don't have to do the Royal Quarters bit, you can just look where to go online and go straight to the portal that way.

butts
  • Options
    I kept this bookmarked on my phone, all the set dungeon locations:
    https://m.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/3swv2d/set_dungeons_complete_list_of_locations_wvideo/

Don't even need to see the video really. Most are pretty simple to figure out the gimmick, but for others it can be very helpful to google like "Uliana's set dungeon" and click whatever diablofans link shows up. That site will show you all the gear and runes you should use.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Jookie wrote: »
    You don't have to do the Royal Quarters bit, you can just look where to go online and go straight to the portal that way.

Yes, I was just talking about the in game method if one prefers to do things in game.

EDIT: Like, I give it a go trying to decipher the clue on my own and if I can't get it with reasonable effort, then I google it. But I always at least give it a try.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Completed my season journey (my first ever actually) a few minutes ago on my DH. Wasn't overly difficult, but I had fun. I'll probably keep plugging away to see if I can complete the UE set and push a bit higher in Grifts. Not a huge fan of the Nat play style, but it should at least let me farm more efficiently. My gift's set crossbow ended up being an ancient, which is nice.

Reddaye on
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Ugh I'm starting to get the urge to make a seasonal toon again. Any big thoughts about Barb/DH/Witch Doctor this time around? Anyone willing to give a late starter a boost?

• Options
    you should be able to get a boost no problem. I could easily do it depending on the timing.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    any WDs play with the new spirit barrage knife on the PTR?

have they managed to make SB not suck yet?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh dang if they're talking about the next season I guess I should get on finishing this one at least the point of finishing the free set

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Don't worry about rushing to finish.

There's still no solid dates and we're only a month in, with holidays coming that could easily push the end date out further.

• Options
    Got the 6piece UE set on my DH this morning. Combined with a Yang's Recurve and Dead Man's Legacy...well, it's easy mode now. Even the full Nat's set with an ancient weapon doesn't come close to melting things like UE does.

Lots of fun just shotgunning the hell out of everything. :)

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I am currently paragon 36 and I have no idea how to spend these points. What is the best way to use them with my Crusader?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I am currently paragon 36 and I have no idea how to spend these points. What is the best way to use them with my Crusader?

depends on your build. but the usual idea is:

Primary - Movement to 25% (including from gear), the max Primary stat unless your build scales off the size of your resource pool somehow.
    Offense - Most builds max CC or CHD first, or CDR. ASP is usually last.
    Defense - HP or Armor, then the other, then All Res, then Life Regen.
    Utility - Area Damage, RCR, LPH, GF.

• Options
    I usually go All Res first because I tend not to play Int classes, and those get plenty of All Res for free.

As a general rule, CHD/CC and Armor/All Res are all most effective at roughly a 10:1 ratio. In other words, you'd want roughly 10x as much Critical Hit Damage as Critical Chance, and 10x as much armor as All Res to get the most benefit.

You don't have to worry about it being slightly off ( like 38% cc 400% chd ), but if it's more extreme ( like 30% cc and 450% chd ) then you should put your early points into crit chance.

This is the same reason Str/Dex classes generally want All Res primary stats and Int classes favor Armor, but note that in paragon it's "+X% Armor" so often it's still best to put points into all res.

• Options
    listen to noggin

i'm a loose cannon

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So I think I'm playing this again. It's been a while and I have a lot to catch up on.

How's the clan these days? Still active? If someone playing could shoot me an invite I'd appreciate it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    You can only get the free seasonal set on one character at a time huh?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    You can only get the free seasonal set on one character at a time huh?

one set of haedrig gifts per season. its not tied to character persay.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    If anyone's around today that could help me get a seasonal toon up to 70, I'd greatly appreciate it!

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So I found an ancient Jekangbord... with 150% weapon damage to Shield Throw! I thought it was a big but then I read that somewhere along the line they gave massive buffs to skill bonuses on main hand and offhand items.

Boy I missed quite a bit while I was gone. Wondering what else I don't know about.

• Options
    how long has it been since you last played?

• Options
    I stopped shortly after they released Kanai's Cube, so... well over a year I think?

• Options
    oh yeah. there's a been a looot of buffs

This discussion has been closed.