As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW]: The portal's always greener on the fel side.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    The gunbow is the missing link of projectile weaponry

And it basically shoots lightning bolts. It is gnomish inventing at its peak.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh neat, over on Beta they're turning on LFR for the first wing of Emerald Nightmare for the weekend.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Any word on whether the LFR loot is going to be its own table/artwork to distinguish it from the rest of raid gear again?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    No, it's going to share the model/set bonus and simply be a different color of what you can get in Normal/Heroic.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I guess Wildstar is no longer a threat so the can make lfr better.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Just dealt with a minor heart attack when i woke up to find my account banned

But after appealing i was informed that it was a mistake and given 5 free days and a pat on the head.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Just dealt with a minor heart attack when i woke up to find my account banned

But after appealing i was informed that it was a mistake and given 5 free days and a pat on the head.

Banned for extreme pet abuse. All those steroids and forced grinding sessions to raise an army that can be sold off to unscrupulous homes.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    So I was all set on prot paladin for Legion. I had agonized over the changes, devoured every video I could find. Got beta, played prot paladin to the later levels, I think 107. Was enjoying it.

Then I thought - eh, what the hell, I'll copy over my warrior and monk and try them out too. Both are geared in heroic best in slot gear, so slightly less than the paladin but not by much, so it was a good test.

Turns out warrior is AMAZING, their animations, sounds, and rotations are super fun and very very VERY satisfying. Big meaty thunks, and super clean animations with minimal clipping.

And monk is even better. Keg smash has had an updated sound, I think, and sounds even more satisfying. They just got an overhaul of some of their talents, improving them to be really exciting choices and playstyles, and on top of that I have always loved the Stagger mechanic that brewmasters have.

So just when I thought I was done agonizing over the decision, I'm back to square one with multiple choices. Today on beta I will probably try my DK, and a Demon Hunter tank too. Why?

Because I hate myself.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I need Beta access because now I am agonizing over 5 possible mains and the PTR just isn't giving me enough info. Although I do like the changes I see.

Only 66 days to go.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah it is rough because a lot can be changed from Artifacts. Many have impactful new skills and some of them even fit neatly into the rotation.

I actually really like the DK tanking and I thought I would have no interest in DK. I think I like the DPS too but its hard to tell because (at least at 100) it feels WAAAAY overtuned. I am not using a dps meter on the PTR, but I can tell by the proving grounds challenges time left how much I am destroying things. And it is not even remotely comparable. I easily one shot gold damage even and I think the classes without artifacts at 100% are overall pretty weak in there. I did like BM tanking too, but something about it didn't completely sit right with me. But it has some solid talent choices. Warrior was nice but the talents were boring.

Healer is easy though. Shaman all the way. I tried all the others, and they all seem to pale in comparison. Shaman has so many unique tools and decent talent options. They can struggle with mana, but only if you fail your healing management.

I guess it doesn't matter too much with me though, because I really do want to level most of the classes. At least enough to get a solid main spec for all the roles (tank healer ranged and melee dps).

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    So just when I thought I was done agonizing over the decision, I'm back to square one with multiple choices. Today on beta I will probably try my DK, and a Demon Hunter tank too. Why?

Because I hate myself.

Aaaaaand DK just jumped to the top of the list.

Great.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am disappointed they have not reduced the exp to level in wod yet

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

It's already too quick.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Well they did in a way, heirlooms scale to 100. There are also the exp elixers where two of them can get you from 92-100 with a little bit of work.

When it comes to not being able to pick a class go with the one you think has the best looking set/armor type for transmog. Failing that, find the one ability that when you use it makes you think, "i cant play a class without this". For me its the dk grips for tanks. For healers counterstrike totem looks cool as hell unless they nerf it into the ground. Also helps i think the shaman set looks incredible, but so does druid.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

It's already too quick.

Not really when you are doing it the 6th or such time as it forces you along the same path it's really hard to skip this or that and punishes you if you skip it

• Options

Because I hate myself.

Aaaaaand DK just jumped to the top of the list.

Great.

and I also think Demon Hunter tanking is spectacular too.

Great. I've narrowed my choice of tanking mains down to FIVE.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    What'd bears ever do to you?

• Options
    Opty wrote: »

i like transmog way too much to play a bear

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

i like transmog way too much to play a bear

Who needs transmog?

http://imgur.com/a/nCphD

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    i like to collect outfits

my tanks are always the prettiest princesses

• Options
    So I saw wanting to do dragon soul for transmog gear and thought why not
    I was lured into a group wanting to do the achievements in there still I got the final piece for the legendary daggers
    So farewell combat you were fun and cool while it lasted

• Options
    Yes I got my Legendary daggers
    Farewell combat I loved you for years a fun and flexable spec

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, made the mistake of looking at FinalBoss's Blood DK tanking video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVuWEnKn56o

It looks fucking amazing. You should probably take Purgatory, but BOOOOONESTOOOORM is there, man.

And yeah, been trying Druid, and is very fun, but transmogs are love.

• Options
    My favorite part of Blood DK is that talent that lets you eat your DOT debuff for rune regenration. It feels really good and interactive to use well. I don't even care if its the best choice.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Getting people through the pre-made tool can be very hit or miss for old raids it seems.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    They're nerfing /console cameradistancemaxfactor in Legion.

Because it's too "unfair" for people who know how to use it.

What the flying fuck.

I do NOT understand this logic.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    So Watcher made a blue post about the removal of the command to increase max camera distance, and I gotta say I find his reasoning to be total horseshit. I can't believe that anyone who has raided as a melee before would ever recommend lowering the max camera distance. Hope you like seeing the feet of insanely oversized boss models guys, because now you have no other choice.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Didn't they do something similar in overwatch? I never played it but I thought I remember some discussion about it in the thread.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    It just boggles my mind.

I've played this way since about 2 weeks after I started because I wanted to see everything going on around me. But, it's an unfair advantage?

I don't get it.

• Options
    Overwatch was originally not going to have FoV options, and be locked to somewhere around 65-70 degrees IIRC. They later added an option to go up to around 80, after much public outcry.

• Options
    I mean come on, should be able to tell by now when they are simply lying.

That is clearly not the reason, though I have no idea why they do not simply give the real one. Possibly they just don't like people having that much control over view distance?

Keep in mind, this is for the option to extend it WAY beyond what is normal and what anyone should ever really need. I think the max camera distance in the game already was pretty much enough to see entire raid bosses. WoW already had one of the most generous zoom out distances in the genre. GW2 was notorious for being SUPER scrooge about it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    i literally can't imagine any reason to believe that it's not just an actual design decision to bring it down

like unless you believe that they actually somehow accidentally broke it and can't ever go back to that zoom distance i have no idea what sort of conspiracy you can propose here

just because a reasoning is bad doesn't mean that that's not the conversation they actually had about things, again see overwatch

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The new max they have is entirely too close. The current max is a bit much, I'll agree to that, and only really necessary if you want to use it coordinate a whole road by yourself. The new max is going to leave you staring at the feet of huge bosses, and won't let you see if there are adds or fire behind you.

That screenshot he gave is extremely flattering, because it's pointed down an enormous hill. Against a huge boss like Archimonde, you're gonna get a face full of legs and not much else. Good luck seeing where the infernals fall!

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The base max camera zoom is completely fine.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    The change makes it more difficult to correctly judge the landing for abilities like disengage or vengeful retreat. Not impossible, but definitely more difficult.

Javen on
  • Options
    This really can't be allowed to leave beta intact.

It has no solid, understandable defense. So far in the threads the only people agreeing with it are troll Level 1 characters.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    it's still pretty zoomed out in beta.

I play at max camera distance with the console command on Live, and I hadn't bothered to enable it for beta, just zoomed out to max, and I never really noticed a big difference.

They increased the default zoom quite a lot. Honestly, most of the time on live my camera is closer than this anyway thanks to various walls, ceilings, corridors, etc that confine your camera from its max zoom anyway.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Oh come on you can't be defending this one too.

It's the most stupid change they could have ever tried to weasel in two months before release of the expansion. The threads on the official forums are filled with people absolutely hating the change, as someone thankfully brought it to the attention of everyone outside of the Legion sub-forums. People desperately trying to come up with reasons for it being good are of course being overwhelmingly argued with.

What they should have done, is simply extend how far the slider could go in the options menu. I thought this was a bug, a mistake that happened during another option menu pruning. If they decide to ignore the outcry from people, and go through with it anyway, they need to scale huge bosses down by a good 40%. Though that won't help with people who like being able to see the boss arena to know where a safe zone is ahead of time, or someone who has the apparent gall to raid lead while playing melee.

Edit:

What's worse is that Watcher's post was literally one big "You think you do, but you don't." When we've been playing with this for 10 years. They never bothered to address it for a decade.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I don't agree it's a weaseled in change. I think their explanation that they intended to change it from the start, and that it was a bug that it wasn't changed, is reasonable.

I would prefer they not change it.

But having played beta, a shit ton, I'm telling you it's not a big deal. And I'm a raid leading tank.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    As I said unless the huge bosses aren't as huge as they've always been, it's going to be a problem. It also messes with people who are used to being zoomed out so far, hell some people are outright saying they get motion sick if they aren't pulled back as far as possible.

Edit: Playing the beta doesn't matter in this instance anyway, the change is under effect on the PTR too.

Double Edit: The camera pulling back even further during an encounter with a massive boss would make it an even more immersive encounter anyway. I've always been surprised they never bothered to do anything like that.

This is also sad because it breaks the DynamiCam addon that was being created to make use of the camera/action camera. You could speak to massive friendly NPCs and actually see them instead of talking to their leg.

Arthil on
This discussion has been closed.