As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] New Adventure in Karazahn coming up?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    MummBrah wrote: »
    if you craft yogg you can actually feel the fists of other hearthstone players being put through walls as a result of stealing their wins from them

it's true i seent it

That card made me quit the game. I'm not joking. I haven't played in over a month.

That's incredible!

Astounding!

I put him in klepto priest

I'm not sure it's possible for the deck to get any more sadistic at this point

Wild klepto deck or Standard?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    if you craft yogg you can actually feel the fists of other hearthstone players being put through walls as a result of stealing their wins from them

it's true i seent it

That card made me quit the game. I'm not joking. I haven't played in over a month.

That's incredible!

Astounding!

standard

all that was really lost was shrinkmesiter

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    It's kind of surprising to me that Yogg might end up being the best of the Old Gods. Initially he seemed like such a "lol random" card that was as often a highlight for losing the game as much as winning it. And now suddenly there a handful of very solid decks built around exploiting that "lol random" to your advantage quite successfully. I played a lot of various Yogg decks this month, a couple varieties of Yogg Druid, a couple varieties of Yogg Tempo Mage, and also some Yogg and Load Hunter. The overall record for all that Yogging was 40-22, so I guess in summary:

Praise Yogg!

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

it's true i seent it

That's incredible!

Astounding!

standard

Ok you got my attention since I destroyed my klepto deck and miss it now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

it's true i seent it

That's incredible!

Astounding!

standard

Ok you got my attention since I destroyed my klepto deck and miss it now.

I'm not really playing much HS these days, so I didn't particularly put much effort into it--just stuck in most of the steal cards (only one madness because recombob rotated, forgot about that, only one mindgames because lol I'm not crafting a second mindgames, and no convert because convert is beyond bad). And then also Justicar, Yogg, and as many board clears as humanly possible. And darkshire alchemist.
    Inq wrote: »
    It's kind of surprising to me that Yogg might end up being the best of the Old Gods. Initially he seemed like such a "lol random" card that was as often a highlight for losing the game as much as winning it. And now suddenly there a handful of very solid decks built around exploiting that "lol random" to your advantage quite successfully. I played a lot of various Yogg decks this month, a couple varieties of Yogg Druid, a couple varieties of Yogg Tempo Mage, and also some Yogg and Load Hunter. The overall record for all that Yogging was 40-22, so I guess in summary:

Praise Yogg!

yogg is, in the end, basically just playable deathwing

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Praise Yogg!

yogg is, in the end, basically just playable deathwing

From that perspective, Yogg is just neutral Doom, but I haven't seen any Combo Lock fueled by Doom yet. I suppose the loss of Darkbomb and Arcane Golem hurt some of the Combo Lock setups. Maybe I'll throw a deck like that together for fun. Emperor Thaurissan into Doom + Doomsayer seems like a great way to set up a Leeroy + PO combo.

Inq on
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    From that perspective, Yogg is basically just a neutral Doom, but so far I haven't seen any Combo-lock fueled by Doom.

Because warlock is the class that needs the least help drawing. There's no coincidence Yogg Druid is the best yogg deck (well, arguable with hotform's tempo yogg mage), because Druid is a the class that struggles the most with both board clear and card draw.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    From that perspective, Yogg is basically just a neutral Doom, but so far I haven't seen any Combo-lock fueled by Doom.

because warlock is the class that needs the least help drawing? there's no coincidence Yogg Druid is the best yogg deck (well, arguable with hotform's tempo yogg mage), because Druid is a class the struggles with both board clear and card draw

Honestly Doom would be fantastic in almost every other class.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Road Block wrote: »

because warlock is the class that needs the least help drawing? there's no coincidence Yogg Druid is the best yogg deck (well, arguable with hotform's tempo yogg mage), because Druid is a class the struggles with both board clear and card draw

God, would it though.

I think the problem with Doom being a Warlock card is twofold.

One, it's a superfluous boardclear in a class that already has like FOUR different boardclears. And those pre-existing boardclears are some of the best in the game already. You don't need Doom when you have Demonwrath/Hellfire/Shadowflame/Twisting Nether already in your arsenal.

Two, it's card draw for a class that doesn't need it. There's a reason why Warlock doesn't pack any card draw cards in their decks, and that's because their Hero Power is busted as hell. Aside from which, you've been tapping all game, by the time you get to a turn where you could play Doom, you'd probably fatigue yourself.

I don't think Doom is a bad card, but I do think it's a bad Warlock card.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Agreed, but I kinda feel like Doom is one of those cards that is not really intended to be playable. It's to nerf/balance things like Yogg. Kinda like putting doomsayer in the mix helped balance shredder (but it didnt really have enough possible negatives to balance it, which is why it was op). There arent a whole lot of negative spells to balance yogg. I just wish they didnt waste a warlock epic card slot putting it in the game.

Then again, while warlock has board clears, they dont really help vs the real threats in the old gods. hellfire is 3 damage, shadowflame is limited to the minion you sacrifice, and thats rarely so large to kill an old god on the board...twisting nether is the only real true board clear warlock had, and doom basically 'improves' it by giving lots of card draw in the event of a massive fuckup where you have no cards in your hand and are facing a large board. I've seen it used in standard play once or twice to good effect, but i agree its an iffy card to waste a slot on.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Thank you Arena. I got offered 0 removal and like 2 spells in total (seal of champions and blessing of wisdom). Well, we'll see how this 30 creature deck goes...

djFindus on
  • Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Ketherial wrote: »
    finally saved enough dust to craft a legendary. if you could craft just one and already have:

harrison
    icehowl
    chillmaw
    al a'kir
    nat pagle
    yshaarj
    staghelm

which would you craft?
    i crafted yogg obviously lol. probably should have crafted ragnaros or sylvannas but it's YOGG

I know you already spent the dust but I'm gonna answer your question anyway :razz:

So, Ragnaros is a great top-end Legendary for Midrange and Control decks. In a way he can kinda fill the old role that Dr Boom provided, it's just a solid-ass Legendary. And assuming you're lacking cards you can honestly slap Rags into any Midrange deck, and most Control decks. But even then Rags is being run in a fair number of decks anyway.

Sylvanas is a great midgame drop and again, can fit into almost any deck at the moment. She can put your opponent in really awkward situations and force awkward trades. Sometimes you're not actually going to get much value from her, but instead force your opponent to trade everything in to avoid anything getting stolen. Which can be fine. And hell, sometimes you steal a pretty key minion.

Overall though I would probably recommend Ragnaros over Sylv. Ragnaros can really help push you towards lethal and he's very hard to remove and deal with.

yeah, rags is next on the list, but i just had to go with yogg cause he's so damn weird and fun.

of the may 20 games i've played with him, he's only not killed himself 3 times. hahahaha.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

it's true i seent it

That's incredible!

Astounding!

standard

Can you post your deck?

I'm feeling particularly asshole-ish today.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Road Block wrote: »

God, would it though.

I think the problem with Doom being a Warlock card is twofold.

One, it's a superfluous boardclear in a class that already has like FOUR different boardclears. And those pre-existing boardclears are some of the best in the game already. You don't need Doom when you have Demonwrath/Hellfire/Shadowflame/Twisting Nether already in your arsenal.

Two, it's card draw for a class that doesn't need it. There's a reason why Warlock doesn't pack any card draw cards in their decks, and that's because their Hero Power is busted as hell. Aside from which, you've been tapping all game, by the time you get to a turn where you could play Doom, you'd probably fatigue yourself.

I don't think Doom is a bad card, but I do think it's a bad Warlock card.

Doom is a great Druid card.

Thank you Yogg!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AuHVIyU_yo
    With all the Yogg, it's been a while since we had the classic bomber esports.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    sure mr pally heal to 30 and kill my thalnos

I took an extra moonfire on turn 3 so I still have lethalalalalalal

Don't those feel like the best games? Like you know from turn 1 how the matchup plays out. So you take the extra moon fire or living roots so you can maly combo them out 12 turns later. It's a fundamental understanding of the game that few decks reward and it feels awesome when you're successful.

• Options
    I made my own klepto-priest in a rush between waking up and lunch at work etc. etc..

Yeah I've tanked to rank 20 so fast but am starting to finally climb back after a ton of tweaking. ^_^'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Been reading these forums for awhile and love the yogg druid deck. Unfortunately, I am missing some of those cards so I made my own yogg/znoth deck. So far I have been loving it. So fun to play. It might not carry me to the high ranks but it has got me to around 11 so far.
    6lt0nqii55jb.png

ns4xmqy7a0fs.pngyostjyiva06b.png

It is surprisingly a quick deck too with those beast cards and buffs.

But what are your guys thought on playing yogg. Do you wait until you have attacked with any minions on board or wait until after all the rng is done?

Spy112 on
  • Options
    Just beat Rase with an awesome play where I baited him into executing my Sylvannas so I could slam down Malygos for the win next turn.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Ben Brode on Reddit, TLDR from hearthpwn:

Ben tries to make himself available as much as possible, through Twitter, Twitch, and reddit.
    A Public Test Realm for future Hearthstone content would require revealing all the cards at least a month before release.
    This is cited as being a major downside.
    Ben doesn't believe that aggro decks are self-piloting.

Priests

They're evaluating Priests but are not ready to reveal plans yet.
    Ben thinks it is possible there are quality Priest decks out there that haven't been discovered.

Warlocks / Demons

No demons being added in Old Gods was a flavor decision and was possibly a mistake.
    More demons will be added, it's the core Warlock kit.

Priest is OP, we just haven't found the right deck...or something.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Gotta love games where my Yogg devastates their board and gives me the exact answers I need, while my opponent's Yogg draws his deck, casts astral communion, and then divine favors him for lethal.

The unbelievers will be punished.

• Options
    So after talking about it yesterday, I built a DOOM! Warlock deck and it's now 3-0 taking me up to rank 4. Of course I haven't even played DOOM! yet (and I only had 1 so I had to substitute a Twisting Nether). I just stall until I can burst them down with Power Overwhelming on some random minion they couldn't clear the previous turn.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    The lord is fickle and cruel.

It was a pure yogg mage vs yogg priest deck.

We both got to play ours. Oh boy...

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    So after talking about it yesterday, I built a DOOM! Warlock deck and it's now 3-0 taking me up to rank 4. Of course I haven't even played DOOM! yet (and I only had 1 so I had to substitute a Twisting Nether). I just stall until I can burst them down with Power Overwhelming on some random minion they couldn't clear the previous turn.

reminds me of my Renounce deck that only has one renounce and thus wins half its games by just being zoo

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

reminds me of my Renounce deck that only has one renounce and thus wins half its games by just being zoo
    That was exactly my problem when I tried to use the renounce I opened, I barely got to actually use it.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I just got yogged for the first time

I barely scraped out a win against the spell spamming warrior

It was uh

It was something

• Options
    Warrior seems like the absolute worst class for Yogg.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Sometimes two brawls just isn't enough.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    sure mr pally heal to 30 and kill my thalnos

I took an extra moonfire on turn 3 so I still have lethalalalalalal

Don't those feel like the best games? Like you know from turn 1 how the matchup plays out. So you take the extra moon fire or living roots so you can maly combo them out 12 turns later. It's a fundamental understanding of the game that few decks reward and it feels awesome when you're successful.

it was also the turn I drew my last card (had 2 left and he killed my thalnos)

that has happened to me a surprising number of times with this deck, drawing my final card and winning. sometimes it gave me lethal or combo I was waiting for and sometimes it's been coincidence but it's a cool feeling.

iI'm sure it's a common thing with rogue and freeze mage but I never noticed it specifically like I have here

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

Hm. Yeah, it's gotta be up there. Where else does Yogg not really fit, I wonder.

I tried a spell-heavy mage with Yogg for a week or two after OG release. It had absolutely no win condition, Yogg merely added to the absurdity of the deck. So, Yogg was surprisingly bad there. Obviously he works in tempo mage, but I think that's for the same reason he's good in druid--few/no board clears, and Yogg resets when in a losing situation.

My first thought is that paladin would also be quite bad, but maybe not? There are some solid cheap paladin spells, equality, consecrate, the buffs. Maybe there is some sort of tempo paladin no one has tried yet? But early paladin minions are so bad now.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options

Hm. Yeah, it's gotta be up there. Where else does Yogg not really fit, I wonder.

I tried a spell-heavy mage with Yogg for a week or two after OG release. It had absolutely no win condition, Yogg merely added to the absurdity of the deck. So, Yogg was surprisingly bad there. Obviously he works in tempo mage, but I think that's for the same reason he's good in druid--few/no board clears, and Yogg resets when in a losing situation.

My first thought is that paladin would also be quite bad, but maybe not? There are some solid cheap paladin spells, equality, consecrate, the buffs. Maybe there is some sort of tempo paladin no one has tried yet? But early paladin minions are so bad now.

Selfless Hero is actually pretty good and argent protector is still fine. I'm just constantly on tilt playing paladin because whenever I have her turn 1 it's against a druid that just hero powers her.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular

Warlock Yogg sounds awful for all the reasons we talked about DOOM! being awful earlier.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I just got my first legendary card besides C'thun.

So Goth from Slytherin.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Yogg is, of course, terrible in Priest. Because he's a board clear, which means you never draw him or any other clears, even though I have fucking ten in my deck.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Yeah it wasn't great and I was able to beat it with a new paladin deck of mine that really isn't very good

He did spam a ton of spells though. But his upgraded warrior ability got replaced with shaman which fucked him over because yogg cast repent darkness on him

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I am quite salty that Hotform gets credit for creating Tempo Yogg Mage when I posted a decklist on this very site the day that WotOG released. /pout

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I am quite salty that Hotform gets credit for creating Tempo Yogg Mage when I posted a decklist on this very site the day that WotOG released. /pout

did you get rank 1 legend with it? :P

it's happened to a lot of us; I made undertaker priest way before people realized it was really good. The oddball is Howl's secret paladin, because he made a fairly popular reddit post which was reposted right before standard hit and the repost got like 2k upvotes.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    One of the deck recipes is Yogg tempo mage...

• Options
    Konphujun wrote: »

He doesn't get credit for Tempo Yogg Mage, he gets credit for the specific deck list that he hit rank 1 legend with.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    I think my favorite Yogg result so far is getting Gang up casted on Yogg against a control warrior. So much evil laughter as any plans either of us might of had went out the window.

This discussion has been closed.