As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Speculation: 2016 Polygon LE pins part of a larger set?

TheGameGuruTheGameGuru Registered User regular
So I have a little theory about the Limited Edition Polygon pins for the next few years. The X this year is part of a set that combines to be the new logo. 2017 will be the 'A' and 2018 will be the 'P'. So you will be able to spell PAX using LEs from each color or mix it up. Then 2019 will be the 15th anniversary pin.

Although the general feeling I got when speaking with people at East was that the LE pin this year wasn't a hot item, I think once the full set is released people will appreciate it more. Thoughts?

• Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    That was basically the original theory when the first 'x' came out at South. Though, in the original theory it was that East would 'a' & Prime 'p' & Aus a logo or something. It would be great if it does eventually build toward something else, because as it currently stands it is pretty lackluster.

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    There was some speculation when the South LE design was revealed that the LEs this year would spell out "PAX" (+ an additional letter for something else?), but that pretty much died when the East LE design was revealed to be still an "X". Personally I think stretching this Polygon motif over three years of LE pins is a little much, and it's hard to properly contextualize an "A" pin if it's the LE pin next year. A lot of people will probably be wondering what the "A" stands for. Just my two cents.

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    I really hope that they switch it up moving forward. This years LE is pretty uninspired. Something relevant to each city or state like last years pins were way more interesting. Like a space needle LE, a Spur or a Ten Gallon hat, etc.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I think we can be fairly certain this will not happen. Since the South LE pin this year was the wrong color they would have to keep using the "Aus" yellow to make the set match. I do not see them doing that.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    TheGameGuruTheGameGuru Registered User regular
    Didn't see any previous threads discussing it (I searched for a good 20 minutes) so I figured I would post about it. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws because the X by itself is pretty dull.

@SkeleVader I wasn't aware they messed up the color, that would definitely effect any plan they originally had.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I get the feeling they went with this design since they could use the same molds for all of them, and just change the colours. Which seems kinda cheap, considering these are supposedly "LE" pins.

Also since the X design is like last years LE minus the states, which also counts against them.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I get the feeling they went with this design since they could use the same molds for all of them, and just change the colours. Which seems kinda cheap, considering these are supposedly "LE" pins.

Also since the X design is like last years LE minus the states, which also counts against them.

Well yeah, this explains why the South pin was yellow after all :kappa:

This is also the last year of the Poly theme, hopefully next year and so on aren't terrible.