As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Nirwen's has like zero horizontal recoil as far as I can tell, even without counterbalance. I don't know how much it is doing for me

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I hit rank 5 on all three characters and I got one pulse, one sniper, and a bunch of armor.

I was hoping for more sniper drops.

If you want more drops to actually maybe get a good roll, let me encourage you because I've had I think 3 or 4 drops and they all flat out suck. Like, they'll get one decent perk and the rest garbo. So I really just got my favorite specials infused up which I'm fine with.

Also (half) called my shot on my rank 5 loot for my titan. Wanted a ghost and a chest, and I got a ghost and a chest! But then I realized you always get a ghost and it was going to be 320, but the chest was 335! So now titan just needs an upgraded ghost, mark, and artifact and he'll be done. Hunter pretty much needs 1 point in each piece of armor except boots. Hopefully I can at least get some arms to drop in the games I have left this IB. Warlock....we don't talk about the warlock.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Cn1hG9qWcAAXwb7.jpg:medium

Found the above image on triplewreck's twitter; while that questline reward could be another exclusive exotic (and not just that ship), that looks like a very minimal amount of exclusive content, though it is apparently still a ~1 year exclusivity period.

metaghost on
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    They should have another year of exclusive access to Exodus Blue as well.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    ...I like exodus blue...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    I like it as well, but Bungie has been unable to keep it out of 6v6 playlists.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I'm really hoping for ROI that they can make a balance pass at some of the current maps so that they can open up more for the control list.

It'd be nice to see some work done to tune up Cathedral, Asylum, Shrine, Shores and get them into the IB playlists.

Exodus blue could probably use a bit of work as well.

E - Shores IS in the list, but it needs a balance pass.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I would like to see them put more effort into designing maps that are specific to gametypes, rather than designing maps that they believe can work for all gametypes and then realize "oh, I guess not" and remove it from the queue.

Rift would be so much better with unique Rift-oriented maps that diminish the ease with which teams can spawn-camp.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

While I haven't logged in to check, the app still shows that I have the hunter dance.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    It'll probably not allow you to equip it though, like if you still had a blue Sparrow horn in your inventory

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    I would like to see them put more effort into designing maps that are specific to gametypes, rather than designing maps that they believe can work for all gametypes and then realize "oh, I guess not" and remove it from the queue.

Rift would be so much better with unique Rift-oriented maps that diminish the ease with which teams can spawn-camp.

Dusk Cathedral was clearly an SRL map.

• Options
    rndmhero wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »

Dusk Cathedral was clearly an SRL map.

That would explain the distance they expected players to travel from spawn to anywhere relevant...

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    "Timed Exclusive to at least Fall 2017."

9617853.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    "Timed Exclusive to at least Fall 2017."

9617853.jpg

I feel for you guys. Exclusives are dumb.

I hope that one day we'll have cross-platform play and a unified Destiny, a unified playerbase and a unified Pax Arcadia.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Peace in our time

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Got a nirwens drop with feeding frenzy, outlaw, oiled frame and the sight that decreases reload time - it reloads decently fast on a precision kill.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Got a nirwens drop with feeding frenzy, outlaw, oiled frame and the sight that decreases reload time - it reloads decently fast on a precision kill.

Now you gotta punch something to death on a Defender Titan with the war machine perk and then get a precision kill. THEN reload

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Goddammit. My Xbone took a pretty bad drop and now the disk tray doesn't work and it can't shut off properly, so unless I get a brand new Xbone that means no more Destiny.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I REALLY hope they don't pull this exclusivity crap for Destiny 2. It will be better for EVERYBODY if they don't because I've NEVER heard "oh man, this exclusive gun/map/strike, is the BEST ONE!" Usually, it's "man, they rushed this one" or "the general one is better". Probably the one exception was Hawkmoon... and it might have been TOO strong on the PS ecosystem.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I really like the vex version of Undying Mind

I also like Dust Palace. Its annoying that it doesn't drop exotics though

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Last night had some great games, including this little gem:

https://youtu.be/BuK7IsMNIqA

It bothers me more than it should that Shax says "Three down" when there were clearly four. Dammit Bungie!

rndmhero on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I REALLY hope they don't pull this exclusivity crap for Destiny 2. It will be better for EVERYBODY if they don't because I've NEVER heard "oh man, this exclusive gun/map/strike, is the BEST ONE!" Usually, it's "man, they rushed this one" or "the general one is better". Probably the one exception was Hawkmoon... and it might have been TOO strong on the PS ecosystem.

Plan on it being the same 1 year deal for the life of the entire Destiny series.

Then be pleasantly surprised if it does change.

I don't think it'll change, tbh.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Exclusives don't usually bother me but the year duration is pretty steep. If they reduced it to 3-6 months of exclusivity I doubt it would sting as much.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Some enjoyable Iron Bannering with PA and the Arteam this evening.

Dawn_of_Destiny.jpg

Noticed a guy with this emblem I hadnt seen before (called Dawn of Destiny), apparently you get it for buying 15 bucks of Destiny pins.

I still have all the Collectors Edition stuff and its still usable as of right now though? Maybe they'll make it unusable after the weekly reset or something like that.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Goddammit. My Xbone took a pretty bad drop and now the disk tray doesn't work and it can't shut off properly, so unless I get a brand new Xbone that means no more Destiny.

How did you drop your Xbone?

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I am pleased that they have resolved this issue, it was really interfering with my experience.

• Options
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Last night had some great games, including this little gem:

https://youtu.be/BuK7IsMNIqA

It bothers me more than it should that Shax says "Three down" when there were clearly four. Dammit Bungie!
    Doesn't he count up?

Double kill!
    Three down!
    Look at them fall!
    This is amazing!
    I can't believe what I am seeing!

Etc etc

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Took it on vacation with me, sibling was unpacking it from the carrier on the top of the car and it just fell from there all the way to the driveway.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Woo! Got all three characters to 335 tonight.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    When do checkpoints get cleared?

Cause I kind of just want to finish off oryx before then just to get my last triumph, I don't personally need the challenge mode.

Though I guess I should just wait, I've got a flu or something starting and I feel like I'd be a liability in a raid group.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I totally need to kill Oryx for the first time ever one one day. And do the challenge mode stuff.

When is it no longer possible to complete the triumphs? (due to the fragments)

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    We got til RoI hitting the get them all done I guess so we've got time.

I'm just getting kinda strung out on destiny and wanna wrap it up til RoI sooner rather than later.

• Options
    Also, I have two Y2 4th horsemen on my Titan because reasons?

She has two taikonaut helms too, a bunch of other stuff. going to have to IB at 308 light though on her. should be interesting.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I totally need to kill Oryx for the first time ever one one day. And do the challenge mode stuff.

The time-limited ones that come to mind are:

The agonarch rune must be charged over the course of a week to get its fragment.

The Nightfall fragment can only be obtained on Dreadnaught nightfalls.

It takes three weeks to do each of the challenge modes for the fragments.

It takes three weeks to do each of the Tier 3 Court of Oryx fragments.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »

The time-limited ones that come to mind are:

The agonarch rune must be charged over the course of a week to get its fragment.

The Nightfall fragment can only be obtained on Dreadnaught nightfalls.

It takes three weeks to do each of the challenge modes for the fragments.

It takes three weeks to do each of the Tier 3 Court of Oryx fragments.

I did the Argo rune already, I just have to do all 3 CoO fragments, challenges and a dreadnaught nightfall. Do the CoO and challenge modes follow a pattern or is it random?

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    The CoO and challenge modes cycle each week in a regular pattern.

Arteen on
  • Options
    I've been present/participated in a few T3 rune kills, do I have to use the rune to get the fragment or be in the fireteam?

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    You have to be the rune user to get a fragment.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Cool. Man, my Titan is on such a losing spree for her IB appearance.

Which was tolerable and competitive up until the game forced a full match in the form of a 20125- 7175 rout. What was the point of keeping the match going? We obviously weren't going to beat those fireteams, lol.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Took it on vacation with me, sibling was unpacking it from the carrier on the top of the car and it just fell from there all the way to the driveway.

I feel like there was a fault somewhere in the decision making process here.

This discussion has been closed.