As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[POKEMON] more like team mystifying why you would ever choose them

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Caught a Ponyta in Go. Ponyta is pretty cool!

To bad I'll basically never get enough candy to evolve it. Just like that one Seel I've ever caught.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Been a good couple of days. My 10k egg hatched an Onix, which was pretty rad, though it's still in the 130s. I have no idea how I'm going to get it higher in a reasonable span of time.

Also picked up an Arbok, a Scyther, and a Golbat.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    wow I'm 15 seconds into an episode of pokemon XY and it blows huge chunks because they tried to redo the classic theme song and it sounds horrendous

Watching it on Netflix and the change in voice actors from early episodes to XY is super jarring.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    I have to say, Flareon has the best model in GO
    Looks way better than it has in any other game to me

On the other side of the scale, Ponyta and Rapidash look terrible
    Gastly is pretty bad too
    They really dropped the ball on pokes with "effects"

Ponyta looks cool! You crazy

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oh, also; how the fuck do people have fully evolved starters?

I've caught three Squirtles in the past two weeks. And one of them was my starter.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Oh, also; how the fuck do people have fully evolved starters?

I've caught three Squirtles in the past two weeks. And one of them was my starter.

some people find starter spawns, like my neighborhood spawns bulbasaurs quite a bit, I have like 80 some odd candies for bulbasaur, i'm just waiting for 125 to get a venasaur.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I wanna do a all Ice playthrough of X

Anyone have a :Snover,Delibird, Shellder, Bergmite?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I wanna do a all Ice playthrough of X

Anyone have a :Snover,Delibird, Shellder, Bergmite?

Oh, so challenge mode, then.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @Bluedude152, I could breed some for you if you'd like!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Does the Pokémon Go Plus work with your phone screen turned off? I'd assume so, otherwise it's kinda pointless, but I haven't seen anything that specified that.

From PokemonGo.com
    The Pokémon GO Plus is a small device that lets you enjoy Pokémon GO while you're on the move and not looking at your smartphone. The device connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth low energy and notifies you about events in the game—such as the appearance of a Pokémon nearby—using an LED and vibration.

That sounds pretty clear on the screen not needing to be on.

Downside is that Nintendo announced today that the Plus release is being pushed back from July 30th to September. Which, uh, way to drop the ball on that Nintendo. How did they get three days out and decide that it wasn't ready to release?!

That is the opposite of clear

My screen is on right now and I am not looking at it

From the way it's written it's there to notify you when you aren't looking at the screen, and for when you aren't actively looking at your phone over a period of time where it's reasonable to expect the screen will lock itself. Imagining that it will stop working when the screen locks itself when it's a device that's intended to work when you're not paying attention to the phone is silly.

I mean, I would expect the app itself to be able to run and send notifications while the screen is off or the phone is locked like so many other apps but here we are

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    @Bluedude152, I could breed some for you if you'd like!

Hang on, im contimplating different runs thoughs, and dont even know if im gonna do it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    A minute ago I was holding up with my left thumb to hatch in AS while swiping a pokestop in Go with my right thumb

T-too much pokemon?!

signature.png
  • Options
    @Bluedude152 no problem! Just shoot me a @ or PM if/when you decide. I'm really enjoying revisiting hatching stuff properly for some reason (maybe because of all my joyless Go eggs...)

signature.png
  • Options
    Im just trying to figure out a weird mega to play through with.

I wanted to do abamasnow but fuck hail

Maybe ill just do....pinsir?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    houndoom.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Do glalie, it's the best one

• Options
    I think glalitite is only available in ORAS, unfortunately, not XY

signature.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mega Heracross, duh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    why are you all making the wrong suggestion when i already made the right one?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    oh

@SilverWind is a pokemon move, right

ohhh

• Options
    That's pure coincidence, actually! :lol: My nickname actually predates the pokemon move by... At least 4 years.

signature.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Do Mega Ampharos

For that hair

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    That's pure coincidence, actually! :lol: My nickname actually predates the pokemon move by... At least 4 years.

agh

foiled again

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    So my mum last week got real into the idea of me teaching her how to play Pokémon GO and then was more than happy with me recording this process. I figured I'd just share it here as well, along with the fact that she happened to catch a freakin' Porygon and Omanyte the day after this, on her lunch break during work. I may have unleashed a monster.
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Also, it is done!
    Pokémum GO - A Walk in the Park
    ?format=750w
    Join us for the first Digital Moncast Bonus Episode, which has nothing to do with Digimon! My mum decided she wanted to try out Pokémon GO and suggested we do it together, and she happily agreed that I should record it. This is what ensued.

Things discussed: How Mum Lost a Turtle, The Luckiest First Catch, Let's Not Get Run Over, Question Time with My Mother, Spirit the Mars Rover is Our Hero, Raising Me, What The Heck Is Poliwhirl, and Generation Differences.

I am still disappointed that I couldn't fix the sound balance as well as I'd hoped, but what can you do when you're recording outside in a park using only a phone mic. That said, this was immensely fun and bizarre, and I hope you folks enjoy a peek into my life as well as witnessing a 60-year-old Chinese woman discover what Pokémon is all about.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    At level 21 at the moment.
    This XP wall is pretty harsh at levels 20+.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Yeah I've started noticing that having hit 20. Then again I'm more disappointed the Dragonite I ran two blocks for today ran away from me after twenty Ultra Balls :(

• Options

Hmm, a new region would be neat, but... all those Pokemon look like those late-90s/early-00's attempts at competing with Pokemon and "save the world from nuclear destruction" is the complete opposite of the direction I'm interested in from Pokemon.

Definitely super-impressive, though, what all they've managed to do with what looks like the HGSS engine.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    yeah, the overall theming is whack and all of the fan pokemon look, to be frank, like the utter dregs of fan pokemon

that is still pretty cool though, and I like the UI design

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I had a rough Y Nuzlocke check in today

The motherfucker with the Kadabra on Route 5 murdered Dingus and my newly caught Duduo, Clarence. It was super, super tense and I had to hot swap some Pokemon a lot. But I won and Firefox evolved afterwards which was really satisfying.

Then my Pokemon on Route 6 ended up being Honedge, now (Razor) Ramona.

Nuzlocke giveth and Nuzlocke taketh.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    are you doing the no items in battle clause, blank?

I am about to start me own X run and thinkin i'll do the same. I like the wonder trade after every gym thing, but I dunno if I have the heart for it

it also might just be too random for my tastes. we'll see

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Do Mega Ampharos

For that hair

I named my Ampharos Swayze in X/Y

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Do the other evil Teams show up in the anime or is it all Team Rocket every season?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    So apparently the reason why Taiwan doesn't have Go is because there's a lawsuit pending against them by some guy who has some claim to AR tech or some shit.

Which seems insane to me. If they owe this guy money, fine (but I doubt it), but if Go ain't come to Taiwan because of this fucker and he's just a shitbird tryin'a get a pay day, I am gonna be piiiiiiiiiiissssssed.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Do the other evil Teams show up in the anime or is it all Team Rocket every season?

Nope, different teams show up in the show from time to time. The XY series has Team Flare, for instance.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

Nope, different teams show up in the show from time to time. The XY series has Team Flare, for instance.

lvJjmTC.jpg

???

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Everyone worried about never getting enough candy to evolve x Pokemon in Go:

hatch eggs dot jpeg

especially for starters. Hatch eggs like there's no tomorrow.

• Options
    Yeah, if you're going to spend money on something, buy incubators

Then you just walk forever in area with enough stops to replenish your egg stocks

Also the best way to get tons of stardust

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    Hatch eggs like there's no tomorrow.

Rule for all Pokemon games, imo.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.