As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Switch

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The axe is always my sub weapon of choice

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I am going to say three hundred dollars even

And any bundles that offer more will be offered by stores and not by Nintendo officially

One SKU

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The axe is always my sub weapon of choice

Axe is a strong choice in many situations, but there are certainly times when the cross or the holy water are good to have.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    in circle of the moon you could throw two crosses at once

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    by the end game my go-to weapons in ecclasia were either the giant fist magic or the laser spell

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    by the end game my go-to weapons in ecclasia were either the giant fist magic or the laser spell

I liked the one that made little crossbow turrets.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    axes are a good choice for killing the super natural in just about anything.

Take it from me, the person with too much time on their hands.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I don't think the 199 tablets are the ones that are running 360-like games

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Boy that's a real "shut up, we'll tell you here" move

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Actually scratch that the nvidia shield k1 tablet was totally able to get 360 like performance at 199 with five hours of battery life, in the year 2014

Perhaps 299 is possible....

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    "home gaming system"

uh huh

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

That's an official announcement, not just speculation from him

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Moriveth wrote: »
    So is Portrait of Ruin!

jonathan
    Mr. G wrote: »

Boy that's a real "shut up, we'll tell you here" move

oh boy, happy birthday

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So is Portrait of Ruin!

jonathan

charolette

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    So is Portrait of Ruin!

jonathan

charlotte

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    If I had bought a Wii U I probably would have bought the mario kart on it yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Mario Kart was one of the two WiiU games I owned. It was super great.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I bought Mario Kart 8 and regretted it

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

I liked the one that made little crossbow turrets.

The giant-ass scythes!!!

Oh, and the really overpowered laser light portals

Goodness, Ecclesia was sooo great

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It took me a couple of hours to earn Platinum on 008-C, but by the end I was a ton better at it than when I started and I knew how to get through all the parts without a sweat. Big difference! I was dodging too early on some punches, which let him lead more and made me eat shit a few times, but I got out with a gold rating for damage taken

But now

Now I'm wondering if I could Pure Platinum it

...Maybe in Hard mode

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Okay.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

I've played Mario Kart 8 more than any other game this year.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I have a Wii U and don't have Mario Kart 8!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I bought a Japanese 3DS while I lived there just to play Mario Kart 7 and have no regrets.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I have a Wii U and don't have Mario Kart 8!

If you like mario kart games you should get it

It is mario kart as hell

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    MK8 is the best of the Mario Karts that I have played (those being the original, 64, Double Dash, DS, Wii, 7, and 8)

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I think I liked 7 more than 8.

But that's probably just because being able to take mario kart literally anywhere with me is the best thing.

(And why I want a Switch)

• Options
    Shit, I should re-buy 7 on my american DS.

And then go re-unlock everything again.

Such a damn good game.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I cannot play Mario Kart. Lord knows I tried especially with 8 but I don't know what Im doing wrong in pvp. I lag behind every human player even in local

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Order of Ecclesia was really good, except the requirement to get to the actual end of the game was super dumb and not fun. So by default most people would probably get that shitty, ' lol u ded' ending and just what is up with that shit?

Aria of sorrow is my favorite of that era. Dawn was okay but just didn't feel great as a follow up to the original.

Circle of the moon is a game I didn't originally like but really got into when I picked it up a couple years later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Order of Ecclesia was really good, except the requirement to get to the actual end of the game was super dumb and not fun. So by default most people would probably get that shitty, ' lol u ded' ending and just what is up with that shit?

Aria of sorrow is my favorite of that era. Dawn was okay but just didn't feel great as a follow up to the original.

Circle of the moon is a game I didn't originally like but really got into when I picked it up a couple years later.

I think ALL of the igavanias have a hidden true ending like that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I cannot play Mario Kart. Lord knows I tried especially with 8 but I don't know what Im doing wrong in pvp. I lag behind every human player even in local

Gotta get them sparks

• Options

I think ALL of the igavanias have a hidden true ending like that

Having played all of them, SotN and Ecclesia were the only two I've ever ran into it on a play through. Ecclesia I actually had to go look up what I was missing because the game was pretty vague about where the villager I was missing was at. Which then required a lot of combing through stages and such.

Then not using the wrong glyph to avoid another bad ending.

Then of course the needing to use the right glyphs to avoid the other other bad ending.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    all the ones I've actually played have had the hidden ending gimmick in some form: SotN, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclasia. I assumed it was a standard feature of the whole franchise post-SotN.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    all the ones I've actually played have had the hidden ending gimmick in some form: SotN, Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclasia. I assumed it was a standard feature of the whole franchise post-SotN.

They do, I just found Ecclesia to be particularly offensive.

PoR was just finding a spell (which they helpfully guide you to because of the merchant anyway) and using it.

Aria of sorrow I recall the requirements but I don't know if the game ever actually tells you about it. I feel like it must have because I did it and I was on a plane at the time so I couldn't have looked it up, but maybe I had ahead of time?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    circle of the moon did not have a hidden ending. don't know if harmony of dissonance did or nto

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    OoE is definitely the worst in that regard, at least of the DS games.

Dawn's is kinda unintuitive, but you unlock Julius mode by getting the bad end, and all you have to do to go past it is load save/equip necklace.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Gotta get them sparks

I do! Its maddening.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    MK8 is the best of the Mario Karts that I have played (those being the original, 64, Double Dash, DS, Wii, 7, and 8)

Mario Kart 8 doesn't let you play as Dry Bones, so I'm afraid I cannot agree with this on principle.

It's really damn good though and that's basically the only thing holding it back. It's a very important point though.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.