As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Steven's Universe, We All Just Live in It

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Diamond is unbreakable

Great Days wouldn't be the worst fitting song for SU

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Gundi, do you mind putting that baby comment in spoilers? It's a little specific for an episode that just aired.

EDIT: Thanks!

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I hope they flesh Vidalia out more sooner or later

or at least tell us how she became friends with Greg

It seems self explanatory. Marty ditched her and Greg felt responsible. It eventually became a friendship. If I had to guess he introduced her to Yellowtail

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    pearl continues to be ruthless

Desperate is more like it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Am I the only one that went wtf when they just left all the gifts and wrapping paper right next to the space heater?

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Am I the only one that went wtf when they just left all the gifts and wrapping paper right next to the space heater?

It was the late 90s, man, we didn't give a fuuuuucckk, back then.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Pearl subconsciously wants Greg to be burned alive.

Or consciously wants Greg to be burned alive.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That episode was such an interesting part of their lives.
    rhe way all of them seemed like they were still in denial about Rose, and just really wanted there to be a way for her to come back. It was such a specific but important part of their backstory.

Also, I like how Greg is not allowed to flashback without a song.

• Options

Early 2000's. Steven was born somewhere around 2002

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

Steven is Post-Millennial

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »

Steven is Post-Millennial

That could be anywhere from 20 to 98 years ago dependimg on who fox news needs to slander!

• Options
    you guys know that the 90s didnt really end until a certain date in 2001

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That was one crazy April Fool's Day.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    rhe way all of them seemed like they were still in denial about Rose, and just really wanted there to be a way for her to come back. It was such a specific but important part of their backstory.

One thing that's important here (which was already kind of apparent but is now completely explicit) is that
    Rose didn't tell them shit. Or, like, help them deal with things or give them closure or anything. She just kind of buggered off and left them in the lurch.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

One thing that's important here (which was already kind of apparent but is now completely explicit) is that
    Rose didn't tell them shit. Or, like, help them deal with things or give them closure or anything. She just kind of buggered off and left them in the lurch.

To be fair
    We've seen exactly how much Rose knew about babies, it's not like she'd have much to tell them there.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

To be fair
    We've seen exactly how much Rose knew about babies, it's not like she'd have much to tell them there.
    This is probably around 4-5 years after that, so it's safe to assume that she learned a few things since then. But I don't mean teaching them about baby stuff, I meant helping them cope with the loss. I'm not convinced she understood that they would even feel it as a loss.

As strange as it sounds in contrast to her reputation, I think Rose actually had a really weak sense of empathy. I mean, she wanted to be empathetic--she worked really hard at it, and was fascinated by the idea of other perspectives--but there's no evidence that she ever had any real comprehension of the effect she had on the people around her. You see that here with her total inability to prepare the gems to deal with the grief of losing her to Steven, and you see it all over the place in the condition she left poor Pearl in. It's like they said in Mr. Greg: she just did what she wanted. Assumed that if she wanted something then it must be a Good Thing that everyone will be fine with.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the 90s ended on december 31, 1999

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    the 90s live on, inside of us
    like a parasite

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

It is, and it's wonderful

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Pretty good episode.
    From what I heard others saying about it I was expecting the Pearl thing to be way worse. But now I just think they were over reacting.

The Crystal Gems are still bad for living on a planet for 1000s of years and learning bupkis about its flora and fauna tho.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    The instrumental music is really good too and is all on soundcloud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe-u40YEYcY

Delzhand on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    The real 90s were the friends we made along the way.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

To be fair
    This is probably around 4-5 years after that, so it's safe to assume that she learned a few things since then. But I don't mean teaching them about baby stuff, I meant helping them cope with the loss. I'm not convinced she understood that they would even feel it as a loss.

As strange as it sounds in contrast to her reputation, I think Rose actually had a really weak sense of empathy. I mean, she wanted to be empathetic--she worked really hard at it, and was fascinated by the idea of other perspectives--but there's no evidence that she ever had any real comprehension of the effect she had on the people around her. You see that here with her total inability to prepare the gems to deal with the grief of losing her to Steven, and you see it all over the place in the condition she left poor Pearl in. It's like they said in Mr. Greg: she just did what she wanted. Assumed that if she wanted something then it must be a Good Thing that everyone will be fine with.
    She also may just not have any idea what was going on, and the whole calm facade thing was a facade.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Always 16

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Fifteen every work day,

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I'm currently 14, been pooping way too much today.

Gundi on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I try to be 10 as often as I can

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    <--

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kinda 7 today.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    11 is definitely my average these days.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    11 is definitely my average these days.

Same, TBH.

• Options
    Dang. I thought I remembered there being a shot of Pearl dramatically crying with her face in her hands that I especially liked, but it turns out that "Steven Universe Pearl crying" is a REALLY hard image search to narrow down.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    8 today, too many fools mucking up the workplace. Trying to get to 4 with some continuing good fortune as i move to Alexandria, VA.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    right now I feel like 15.
    which one is unmitigated fury...? that's usually what I feel at work when people cut me off in traffic.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    16 finals AHH

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.