As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Ryders on the Tempest

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Oh shit, I totally misread that.. I read it as "play ten days before release"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Wait, you get to play it for 10 hours five days before it comes out?

That... actively sounds terrible to me. "Here, have a taste, now fuck off for four and a half days" is supposed to entice me to give them more money?

Give me a PC multiplayer beta and sure I'll subscribe with a smile but I wouldn't take the 10 hour preview for free.
    I'd probably play about two to three hours a day so that works out pretty well for me. Would be alot closer to release after I'm done so not that bad.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I might have to jump on that. It's not surprising EA would offer something like this. Every time there's a major launch a lot of people go out of their way with VPNs and the like to play early. I'm sure they'll see a spike in subscriptions that will die off just as quickly.

yossarian_lives on
    "I see everything twice!"

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

That... actively sounds terrible to me. "Here, have a taste, now fuck off for four and a half days" is supposed to entice me to give them more money?

Give me a PC multiplayer beta and sure I'll subscribe with a smile but I wouldn't take the 10 hour preview for free.
    I'd probably play about two to three hours a day so that works out pretty well for me. Would be alot closer to release after I'm done so not that bad.
    There's a weekend during those 5 days :p

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hrm. Being available for part of the day (on their hours) is kind of moving me away from bothering, but while it'll mean Spoilers Everywhere, it'd also be nice to get people's reactions to both Single and Multiplayer.

I have faith in the PA community being good about keeping plot stuff to spoiler tags, so this thread will hopefully contain some impressions (good, bad, otherwise).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular

Just for me, that matters very little. Shit, weekends can be HARDER to get game time because the kids refuse to go the fuck to sleep or we have other plans at night.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Just for me, that matters very little. Shit, weekends can be HARDER to get game time because the kids refuse to go the fuck to sleep or we have other plans at night.

On behalf of old people, I have to concur with this. Playing games becomes a lot harder when you have actual responsibilities and shit.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The long trials are nice, actually. You get a good chance to see if you'll like the game before you buy, you can't finish the game so no "lol i only paids 4 dollar" issues, and it's the ACTUAL game, not a demo, so if you do buy it on release all your shit keeps going.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    JihadJesus wrote: »

On behalf of old people, I have to concur with this. Playing games becomes a lot harder when you have actual responsibilities and shit.

Pffft, that's what coffee is for

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Really got to stop conserving me3 mp gear. Got 80+ of about all IV ammo types and enough ammo packs to chuck a few thousand grenades. Every freaking game owned I horde consumables for some screwy reason. Need something like the old Spare Change ability on final fantasy that let's ya dump a handful of consumables as orbital strikes.

• Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    hey look its a trailer for a trailer

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I think the tempest looks too damn spacious, lots of wasted volume. Not a fan.

Also its elbows are too pointy I guess.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I actually really like the Tempest design.

Gimme my small scout ship as a hub

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    What is hanging above that planet? Looks like a cloud of something..

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    I actually really like the Tempest design.

Gimme my small scout ship as a hub

Me too. I really hope they make an official replica. It needs to go alongside my two Normandy's.

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Agusalim wrote: »

I fucking hate this stuff

Either release the trailer or don't

Teasers for trailers really make me angry

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I'd need some kind of solid proof that Tali isn't just a colony of spiders before I bust my ass getting an S rank in drifting...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I'd need some kind of solid proof that Tali isn't just a colony of spiders before I bust my ass getting an S rank in drifting...

What if it's a hot colony of spiders?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mancingtom wrote: »

Do you mean like attractive spiders or spiders that live at 200 F.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I think the tempest looks too damn spacious, lots of wasted volume. Not a fan.

Also its elbows are too pointy I guess.

The Tempest isn't built like a military craft. It's an exploration vessel, one with enough weapons to handle itself, but it should be designed to handle a lot of crew and cargo for long stretches of time.

It's a weapons-grade cruise ship.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Lavalantula?

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    I'm liking what I see there. Not the hype levels of the ME2 launch trailer (which is admittedly one of my favourite trailers of all time), but I'm still game for what they're showing us.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Lavalantula?

We're going to need a bigger guttenberg.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I'm liking what I see there. Not the hype levels of the ME2 launch trailer (which is admittedly one of my favourite trailers of all time), but I'm still game for what they're showing us.

Yeah, I am interested in Andromeda. But the trailer itself didn't make me feel anything.

Although "This is what we are here for" over the romance was pretty funny.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hope the game features a goodly period of time between "Look at this new world!" and "I'm gonna shoot me some natives" it goes into.

Not sure I'm really down with replaying Columbus showing up in the Americas with me being the Conquistadors.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Oh my heck that trailer! Mmmm! Lookin so good...

"I don't need an army, I've got a Krogan."

This guy gets it!

PeeBee just got some competition if that Turian is a romance option...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Hope the game features a goodly period of time between "Look at this new world!" and "I'm gonna shoot me some natives" it goes into.

Not sure I'm really down with replaying Columbus showing up in the Americas with me being the Conquistadors.

You don't even know if that's what's happening. Let the game come out before inventing controversies.

• Options
    Oh my heck that trailer! Mmmm! Lookin so good...

"I don't need an army, I've got a Krogan."

This guy gets it!

PeeBee just got some competition if that Turian is a romance option...

The human female companion is my jam. I can tell my wife is going to be all "no no romance the guy with the sexy voice." Women.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

You don't even know if that's what's happening. Let the game come out before inventing controversies.

Eh.

I just know what they just showed me to get me interested which was we gonna shoot us some natives. This is a video game so we're pretty likely to end up shooting somebody but hopefully we get some justification beyond "They have planets that we want so they've gots to go." I'm confident if Bioware cares to try they can give us a story where we aren't playing raging jerkfaces. I just hope we get a more detailed story with interesting sources of conflict.

Actually, if we were admittedly raging jerkfaces I'd probably be fine with that as well. I'd just they rather not blow by the fact we're just randomly showing up and using the fact that we stranded ourselves there as justification to take whatever we need.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Cora Harper is the sexy woman being kissed in the video, second in command according to the training video. Biotic.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I'm expecting the Archon's people to simply be Protheans who did the same thing 50,000 years ago when they were getting reaped.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    wait wait there is weird quote "he is a human from another galaxy" from what sounds to be Claudia black. Do they have a human race in andromeda or just bad phrasing?

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    This is the first trailer that has really worked for me. I've been Default Excited by the mere existence of a new Mass Effect game (which is pretty darn excited), but this is the first trailer they've put out that has really shown what I'm here for. Characters, action, drama, story - I of course assumed the game had these things whether they had shown them or not, but it's cool to see it.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Another vote here for human female. :heartbeat:

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    I get the feeling from the "archon plays the game well" line we work with him at first and then he fucks us over. So I don't feel like humans go shooting. The squad training video mentions exploration and diplomacy before violence.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So from the training video it mentions scott worked on a station and sara was on prothean digs. So back stories are already in place for the MCs.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Chainsaw WabbitChainsaw Wabbit Rogue Academic Level 12 are not what they seemRegistered User regular

Eeexcellent!
    Sigourney Weaver approves, and reminds us that the only way to be sure is to nuke the site from orbit.
    hyem1zk9lwmf.jpg