Options

[TV]BINGPOT!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah I mean. Maybe if you buy a device that can play music, like the car. You can choose what to listen to.

The role of the passenger is to change the station to the drivers choosing.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Survivor!
    I was SO CLOSE to those sweet, sweet Figgy boot points. At least I scored a couple of points off Mari.

On the upside, Jay's on my team, and he's shaping up to be a pretty okay player. I also have David, and he's shaping to be an Evil Fishbach. A Wormtongue motherfucker.

I'm glad that I'm doing a Survivor fantasy league this season, because boy oh boy do I wanna walk out of the room any time somebody starts a sentence with, "As a millenial." Or says shit like, "Salty." Or, "I just saw my first hashtag blindside." I hate this theme with my whole entire heart. Thank god we're looking at a swap (however minor) next week.

Loved Hannah's cheering during the challenge - she's a whole lot of fun. A bit of a flibbertygibbet, and her edit at tribal was extremely unkind, but she's fun.

I'm deeply curious where Ken's gonna go. He's getting a great edit, always looking hyper competent and wise (and just infuriatingly handsome), but the seeds are already sown for David to get his ear. And, again, Wormtongue.

I don't know if I've seen a "puppet master" edit as flagrant as Michelle's since, like, Parvati. It seems almost over the top. Curious to see how that plays out, too.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    As someone who used to often have the role of designated driver (aka I owned a vehicle that wasn't a pick-up truck) I made a pretty hard fast rule about drunks touching the dial.

I also had a friend who borrowed my car and changed all of my stations to radio disney. So he falls under that rule too.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Second of episode of Speechless was really good!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Fun fact: I blew out the speakers on my first car by blasting the theme song from El Hazard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjJZuMZjdr8

Just that big buildup to the first part and then a bunch of muted and muffled nothing after. A sad day.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My rule was always that the passenger had to keep the music going and handle navigation (and occasionally hold my coffee if I needed both hands on the wheel)

As driver, I had total veto power, and I could put in requests of course, but I wasn't to try to touch the iPod myself

• Options
    I can only handle Thin Lizzy for so long on a road trip if Im driving.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »

Is "so long" 12 hours?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Nick Miller trying to have phone sex is the best thing.

it took me halfway through the episode to for it to sink in that paperboi's nemesis was THAT justin bieber

even though i read all the interviews prior to debut what mentioned it

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »

Is "so long" 12 hours?

My old roommate measured time in durations of Jailbreak.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Being the TV thread, seems appropriate - something Supernatural got right.
    i5zdo2yjdkei.gif

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Yeah I mean. Maybe if you buy a device that can play music, like the car. You can choose what to listen to.

Maybe you can both be decent people and split the radio time

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Sure, let me just slide the wheel over to the other side of the car while I play with my phone oh wait.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Sure, let me just slide the wheel over to the other side of the car while I play with my phone oh wait.

If I even so much as glance at my phone in a car i get extremely nauseas.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Neat

Maybe I'll try to get in on that after it ends

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Survivor!
    I was SO CLOSE to those sweet, sweet Figgy boot points. At least I scored a couple of points off Mari.

On the upside, Jay's on my team, and he's shaping up to be a pretty okay player. I also have David, and he's shaping to be an Evil Fishbach. A Wormtongue motherfucker.

I'm glad that I'm doing a Survivor fantasy league this season, because boy oh boy do I wanna walk out of the room any time somebody starts a sentence with, "As a millenial." Or says shit like, "Salty." Or, "I just saw my first hashtag blindside." I hate this theme with my whole entire heart. Thank god we're looking at a swap (however minor) next week.

Loved Hannah's cheering during the challenge - she's a whole lot of fun. A bit of a flibbertygibbet, and her edit at tribal was extremely unkind, but she's fun.

I'm deeply curious where Ken's gonna go. He's getting a great edit, always looking hyper competent and wise (and just infuriatingly handsome), but the seeds are already sown for David to get his ear. And, again, Wormtongue.

I don't know if I've seen a "puppet master" edit as flagrant as Michelle's since, like, Parvati. It seems almost over the top. Curious to see how that plays out, too.

Agreed on pretty much all counts.
    Jay has surprised me, as I pegged him as just as dumb as Taylor and Figgy, and it turns out he has some game. Though as you mentioned, Michelle comes out of this episode looking like the mastermind of the millenials. I gotta say, the hyper religious girl who studies dragon lore is NOT the person I thought was going to play a good game early.

On Gen-X side, I don't even know what to think. I like Bret and Chris alright, but they don't seem to be doing much, Bret didn't even get a confessional this episode. Ken is definitely getting a solid edit, but I get the vibe that his skills end at "good at getting along with people and being physical." I don't see him having the game to protect himself post-merge, and he is going to get targeted so damn fast post merge.

Do you watch the extra videos on youtube/cbs website after episodes? I like to watch them to see extra scenes that didn't make the edit, and the ones after last week had some interesting stuff. Michelle and Hannah praying together, a scene we didn't see but that explains a bit more about how Michelle is connecting to people and was able to convince Hannah at tribal to change her vote(not that it mattered, she was the 7th vote for Mari).

But also that Bret the Bostonian police sergeant and amateur improv comic is also gay. He mentioned that he doesn't mention it without a reason because he doesn't see it as a big deal, but I have to imagine it'll be on the actual show at some point. I'm a big fan of when they cast gay players that don't fit ignorant people's stereotypes to go along with the more outward ones.

Theory on the tribe swap:
    I don't think they give up on M vs. Gen-X this early as a theme. I think the tribe swap is going to be 3 six person tribes ala Cambodia, but I think the way they'll be split up is one tribe of 6 millenials, one tribe of 6 gen-x, and one tribe with 3 of each. That way they preserve the theme longer and see how the tribe that has a mix of the two does.

I just hope if I'm right they don't do like Cambodia and give the 3rd tribe a horrible ass beach that wrecks their chances at doing well at challenges and such.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh, I guess it's that time of year for You're The Worst to break your goddamned heart

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    i'm more okay with adventure time ending than i am regular show, but i still don't like it one bit.

think it's cool they're going out together, tho.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    i'm more okay with adventure time ending than i am regular show, but i still don't like it one bit.

well not really, this is regular show's last season airing now and adventure time will air episodes up to 2018 if I read that right

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I saw about 7 episodes of regular show and thought it was awful

adventure time brought us bacon pancakes the winner is obvious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYSGojUuAU

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My tombstone will have that Bacon Pancakes song on a motion-activated play system.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Regular Show is either the greatest show ever made or the worst show ever made.

Just depends on whether or not it resonates with you.

Personally I love it.

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

well not really, this is regular show's last season airing now and adventure time will air episodes up to 2018 if I read that right

shut uuuuuuuup

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

shut uuuuuuuup

nah

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yeah, I can get why people would hate Regular Show, but it's so good if you're their audience. That anime episode was hilarious.

There's also been a surprisingly amount of character development and growth.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Lethal Weapon was pretty good. Not quite Gibson/Glover yet but they're getting there.
    Is that accident scene with Rigg's wife going to get longer each time though? I feel like they added some more to it from the previous episode

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I thought Lethal Weapon was formulaic and boring.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I thought Lethal Weapon was formulaic and boring.

At the time it was ground breaking!

I'm not expecting like The second coming.
    Wayans and the guy playing Riggs work off each other pretty well and they fight nonsensical super criminals and shit blows up. That's all I really need from a Lethal Weapon TV show

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    The movies are amazing. The show just doesn't do it for me.

Don't even get me started on MacGyver. I couldn't get over how much I wanted to punch the new MacGyver in the face.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Maaaaaaaan

Season 2 of Galavant has a really unfortunate start

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So we're into season two of TWD in the agreement with my roommate that can only be titled The Walked Dead are Lost.

And he asked me my thoughts so far.
    Me: I don't know... It's okay? Seems like a good amount of character development?
    Him: Okay. I just know things can get a bit confusing.
    Me: Fuck... I can't wait for you to start watching Lost.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Maaaaaaaan

Man what, I loved the premiere

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Holy shit Gotham has the worst music and/or editing departments.

I've noticed it before but just now there was a fight scene with probably the most egregious example yet.
    It actually would have been pretty decent fight...if the dramatic fight music hadn't randomly kicked in until like 70% of the way through. It was so weird. I think I actually said "what the fuck" outloud.

BD Wong as Strange is a lot of fun though. Also Nygma. I actually really like a surprising number of the characters.

• Options

I've noticed it before but just now there was a fight scene with probably the most egregious example yet.
    It actually would have been pretty decent fight...if the dramatic fight music hadn't randomly kicked in until like 70% of the way through. It was so weird. I think I actually said "what the fuck" outloud.

BD Wong as Strange is a lot of fun though. Also Nygma. I actually really like a surprising number of the characters.

Gotham isn't a "bad" show.

It's just... It's different and misunderstood.

• Options
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Survivor!

Agreed on pretty much all counts.
    Jay has surprised me, as I pegged him as just as dumb as Taylor and Figgy, and it turns out he has some game. Though as you mentioned, Michelle comes out of this episode looking like the mastermind of the millenials. I gotta say, the hyper religious girl who studies dragon lore is NOT the person I thought was going to play a good game early.

On Gen-X side, I don't even know what to think. I like Bret and Chris alright, but they don't seem to be doing much, Bret didn't even get a confessional this episode. Ken is definitely getting a solid edit, but I get the vibe that his skills end at "good at getting along with people and being physical." I don't see him having the game to protect himself post-merge, and he is going to get targeted so damn fast post merge.

Do you watch the extra videos on youtube/cbs website after episodes? I like to watch them to see extra scenes that didn't make the edit, and the ones after last week had some interesting stuff. Michelle and Hannah praying together, a scene we didn't see but that explains a bit more about how Michelle is connecting to people and was able to convince Hannah at tribal to change her vote(not that it mattered, she was the 7th vote for Mari).

But also that Bret the Bostonian police sergeant and amateur improv comic is also gay. He mentioned that he doesn't mention it without a reason because he doesn't see it as a big deal, but I have to imagine it'll be on the actual show at some point. I'm a big fan of when they cast gay players that don't fit ignorant people's stereotypes to go along with the more outward ones.

Theory on the tribe swap:
    I don't think they give up on M vs. Gen-X this early as a theme. I think the tribe swap is going to be 3 six person tribes ala Cambodia, but I think the way they'll be split up is one tribe of 6 millenials, one tribe of 6 gen-x, and one tribe with 3 of each. That way they preserve the theme longer and see how the tribe that has a mix of the two does.

I just hope if I'm right they don't do like Cambodia and give the 3rd tribe a horrible ass beach that wrecks their chances at doing well at challenges and such.

I hadn't seen those extra videos - those are both really interesting (especially the Bret one). Thanks for looking out!

I like that swap idea a lot. I hope they do something like that. I thought it was gonna be a situation where, like, one person from each tribe swaps for a bit. Yours would be much, much cooler.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Maaaaaaaan

Man what, I loved the premiere

That gay bar was rouuuuggghhh

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Gotham isn't a "bad" show.

It's just... It's different and misunderstood.

gotham is a prequel to batman returns and no one can tell me otherwise

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.