Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

SchlitzKrieg 2017 - Planning Thread

LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
edited September 2016 in PAX West
Greetings! The SchlitzKrieg 2016 just wrapped up, but a couple of people missed out because scheduling info wasn't posted early enough. So this post is embarrassingly early, in order to give folks a chance to plan. The SchlitzKrieg all day brewery and distillery tour will happen on the Wednesday before PAX West. We typically leave around 9am and get back between 7 and 9 pm. So plan your travel accordingly.

Here's the 2016 thread with details about the tour and where we went *last* year: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/205950/schlitzkrieg-2016-in-seattle-beer-drinks-you/p1

This thread will change title and content as we get closer to PAX West 2017.

(BTW: there's a good chance we'll do the same South-Sound tour again in 2017, but refined with more time at the better stops and hopefully better weather for viewing Mt. Rainier. "SchlitzKrieg 2017 Redux: The ReBeerinating!")

Owner of and General Badass Chick at Seattle's best Distillery & Scandinavian Cafe Old Ballard Liquor Co.
LexiconGrrl on
WuShockdm_magicMrBroadstone

• dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    I'll be there!

16h0hj4blciy.png
  • JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    Early vote for a South Sound Mk2 tour that includes the breweries of Tacoma (or at least Engine 9 which makes delicious sours)... well, as long as we get to go back to Mt Head Brewing again... and maybe Cockerel Cidery will make the tour next year since that Blackberry cider was great.

PAX
    East 2016 - [X] Tickets; [X] BYOC; [X] Hand sanitizer
    Prime 2016 - [X] Tickets; [X] BYOC; [X] Hand sanitizer
    PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    I'm really sad I missed schlitzkrieg 2016 after having enjoyed 2015 so much, on account of not planning for it in advance. I shall plan this time.

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    *I'm* really sad I'm going to miss 2017. Even so, you all HAVE to give more time (and money) to Sidetrack Distilling next year. The place was lovely, the people were lovely, the liquor was lovely.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

PAX Prime '11, '12, '13,'15 PAX East '14, PAX South '15 - Cookie Brigadier
    PAX Prime 2013 Omeganaut
    LexiconGrrlDeciusClannMorgan
  • MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    I plan to be present for this event and agree that going south again is a good plan. Not sure about the place that makes sours though, not a big fan.

• JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    In all fairness they do more than just sours (delicious-delicious sours).

PAX
    East 2016 - [X] Tickets; [X] BYOC; [X] Hand sanitizer
    Prime 2016 - [X] Tickets; [X] BYOC; [X] Hand sanitizer
    PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • DasJesterDasJester Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Greetings! The SchlitzKrieg 2016 just wrapped up, but a couple of people missed out because scheduling info wasn't posted early enough. So this post is embarrassingly early, in order to give folks a chance to plan. The SchlitzKrieg all day brewery and distillery tour will happen on the Wednesday before PAX West. We typically leave around 9am and get back between 7 and 9 pm. So plan your travel accordingly.

Here's the 2016 thread with details about the tour and where we went *last* year: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/205950/schlitzkrieg-2016-in-seattle-beer-drinks-you/p1

This thread will change title and content as we get closer to PAX West 2017.

(BTW: there's a good chance we'll do the same South-Sound tour again in 2017, but refined with more time at the better stops and hopefully better weather for viewing Mt. Rainier. "SchlitzKrieg 2017 Redux: The ReBeerinating!")

#ThereWasAnAttempt

All seriousness though, thanks for trying to get that view for us Lexi. The awesome Spirits & Beer made up for Washington’s random ass weather. We thank you for all that you do to make sure we're all drunk on a bus before Pax lol.

03xl5iyh5q4q.jpg

LexiconGrrl
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Seeing this thread up already was a pleasant surprise. 2016 was such a good time, I have to second the shot out to Sidetrack Distilling, the raspberry liquor was amazing! And not to mention the snacks they gave us, oh the snacks...so good!!! I would love to go back to spend more time (and $) there.

• ZardozZardoz Registered User new member
    Looks like I'm hitting up PAX West next year. I'll see if I can fit this in.

PAX Aus: 13, 14, 15, 16
    PAX West/Prime: 15
  • BermardAKABBermardAKAB Registered User regular
    I am trying to make plans to make it this year.

This post is brought to you by the letter 9
    LexiconGrrl
  • MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    Ok epic bump because East is over and this is getting ever closer.

For the pre-planning: Who is interested in taking over a hotel room for Tuesday and Wednesday nights?

Ideally we have a downtown room so we can stumble out of our rooms, down the street a bit, hit the Pre-Funk Breakfast with everyone else, then get on bus. After kreig is over, we stumble back to room and sleep again. Come Thursday morning everyone goes to a more normally organized pax-time room. Agree-react if you are interested.

dm_magic
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I need to remember to get an extra day off for these pre-Pax events. At West is this tour and on East is the pig roast I keep missing. Will try to do it this year.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239