Options

[3rd Presidential Debate]: Election Dragon Hungers: With A Vengeance (9pm EST)

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    Debate predictions:
    Clinton and Trump will perform within their nominal performance margins. Trump, being incapable of learning or introspection will be in full attack mode for most it and Clinton will smile through. It's a Las Vegas Fox News debate thing so I'm kind of expecting the audience to be extra annoying.

Post debate analysis from the media will be something like:
    "Hillary did not have a good answer for the e-mail question which continues to dog her. Overall she seemed almost too well prepared, her answers didn't sound as natural and inspiring as I think they should. She also didn't reach out with her mind and, with sheer force of will, collapse her opponent into a singularity. Trump on the other hand did well, throughout the debate he maintained an upright posture and rhythmically moved air in and out of his chest cavity. I'm going to call this one a draw."

To be fair, Trump has done bad enough that the media's response to the previous debates ended up not being this way, so maybe this one won't either.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I like Arby's and will not apologize for it.

If that makes me a nihilist, so be it.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    You do not refrigerate Guinness. I'm not crazy, right?

Some people do.

Those people clearly missed the point of letting the rotten grain water ferment in the first place.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Cold beer is better than warm beer. I've never found stout to be an exception there.

I live in a sweatbox inside a hellhole inside a devils asshole, though. So our refrigerated is probably what you call normal weather.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2016
    Jazz wrote: »

This is a beverage that has a draught variant called Extra Cold.

Yes, yes you do.

I only drink real alcohol, but I always heard it as beer is served cold, ale is served room temperature.

Morkath on
  • Options
    I'm watching youtube of U2 with the Roots to get into my happy place before the debate.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    I've got some Guinness in the fridge.

I might partake of one or two. Maybe.

This is more offensive than fork and knife pizza

What about fork and knife Beef 'n' Cheddar?

Eat at Arby's.

I love this meme and used it within the last five minutes, but I need to set the record straight.

Arby's french fries are hands down the best in the fast food business. No contest. Their sandwiches range from colon breaking to quite tasty depending on the quality of your local franchise, but those fries.

Damn good.

Beg to differ. Rally's/Checker's fries and/or Five Guys cajun fries are superior in every way.

And to keep this remotely on topic, one hour until this shitshow begins!

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Cold beer is better than warm beer. I've never found stout to be an exception there.

I live in a sweatbox inside a hellhole inside a devils asshole, though. So our refrigerated is probably what you call normal weather.

Real ales are typically best at room temperature. Trappist ales too, and some bottled bitters. Most other beers, though, yeah, cold.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Eat at Arby's.

I love this meme and used it within the last five minutes, but I need to set the record straight.

Arby's french fries are hands down the best in the fast food business. No contest. Their sandwiches range from colon breaking to quite tasty depending on the quality of your local franchise, but those fries.

Damn good.

I prefer Wendy's since they updated the recipe a year or two back.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Seal wrote: »
    Debate predictions:
    Clinton and Trump will perform within their nominal performance margins. Trump, being incapable of learning or introspection will be in full attack mode for most it and Clinton will smile through. It's a Las Vegas Fox News debate thing so I'm kind of expecting the audience to be extra annoying.

Post debate analysis from the media will be something like:
    "Hillary did not have a good answer for the e-mail question which continues to dog her. Overall she seemed almost too well prepared, her answers didn't sound as natural and inspiring as I think they should. She also didn't reach out with her mind and, with sheer force of will, collapse her opponent into a singularity. Trump on the other hand did well, throughout the debate he maintained an upright posture and rhythmically moved air in and out of his chest cavity. I'm going to call this one a draw."

To be fair, Trump has done bad enough that the media's response to the previous debates ended up not being this way, so maybe this one won't either.

They thought he stopped the bleeding in the immediate aftermath, because they are the dumbest motherfuckers on earth.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

Real ales are typically best at room temperature. Trappist ales too, and some bottled bitters. Most other beers, though, yeah, cold.

A good beer tastes good at room temperature. Some may taste better cold, but if it has to be cold to be drinkable... you're drinking shitty beer.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    il_570xN.791615382_h6ib.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

I miss a lot of things about the States. A really good Arby's franchise is one of them.

Where I used to live there were two about two miles apart. One of them was consistently amazing, the other genuinely disappointing on the handful of occasions I went. I've never seen such variation in quality with fast food franchises of any other brand. But yeah, a good Arby's is a thing of beauty.

So... uh... Eat at Arby's?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

My local Arby's is frankly amazing. Their chicken sandwiches are hands down better than Chick Fil'A or realistically any other fast food chicken place. They also had a brown sugar BLT for a while that was insane.

I even tried their Reuben. I couldn't understand that it was better than some of the mom and pop places I was near in New England.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I like Arby's and will not apologize for it.

If that makes me a nihilist, so be it.

That pork belly sammich they've got right now is fucking delicious for fast food. Curly fries and mozz sticks with marinara? Yum.

Yeah, I can get way better from a real BBQ place, but sometimes I'm lazy.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

My local Arby's is frankly amazing. Their chicken sandwiches are hands down better than Chick Fil'A or realistically any other fast food chicken place. They also had a brown sugar BLT for a while that was insane.

I even tried their Reuben. I couldn't understand that it was better than some of the mom and pop places I was near in New England.

Yeah, a few years back I used to live next to one that was seriously on point. It was insanely, inexplicably good.

The one where I live now is pretty much inedible.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »

A good beer tastes good at room temperature. Some may taste better cold, but if it has to be cold to be drinkable... you're drinking shitty beer.

I'll go with that for the most part, yeah. Pretty good rule of thumb. Extra so because I rarely touch lager.

Draught things in cans (Guinness, Boddington's, Caffrey's, etc) really need to be refrigerated for the widgets to work right, though. Something about air pressure, I'm not a physicist. But they need those widgets to work right to achieve the right texture.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    milski wrote: »

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

All that baggage and guilt from buying Chik-Fil-A tho

Crayon on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    A not at all risky prediction: Clinton will "lose" the debate because Trump is going to go batshit crazy and say any- and everything he can to further rile his base as he rides the GOP bomb Dr. Strangelove-style straight into the ground and Wallace will let him do it because lol facts. As a result Clinton will be on the defensive the entire night. So Donald Trump will win because he shouts more, and louder, about nothing.

Also, given her likely defensive posture, I predict at least three (3) CNN pundits to label Hillary as "shrill" or some synonym thereof.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    No beer tonight for me.

I'll do a shot of coca cola every time-

No, actually, that's more dangerous and unhealthy than liquor.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    My GF was horrified by Arby's because she grew up in Boston, and roast beef is pretty much the thing there. She finally broke down and tried a non roast beef sandwich and was very disappointed in herself for enjoying it.

• Options

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

Oh shit, a chick-fil-a opened in Bellevue and Lynnwood last year. I don't have to drive 2 hours to get it anymore. Something good did come from this debate.

Mission accomplished, we can all go home.

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Crayon wrote: »

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

I have both Optimus and Jazz liking my post. Just finished reading the newest Transformers: MTMTE comic. I think I'm real fucking zen right now. That will be crushed absolutely in 50 minutes.

Crayon on
  • Options
    A not at all risky prediction: Clinton will "lose" the debate because Trump is going to go batshit crazy and say any- and everything he can to further rile his base as he rides the GOP bomb Dr. Strangelove-style straight into the ground and Wallace will let him do it because lol facts. As a result Clinton will be on the defensive the entire night. So Donald Trump will win because he shouts more, and louder, about nothing.

Also, given her likely defensive posture, I predict at least three (3) CNN pundits to label Hillary as "shrill" or some synonym thereof.

It really is the weirdest thing to call her. I've never, ever heard her sound shrill.

But I guess it's a way for them to use a synonym to insult her for being a woman. I seriously can't wait for her to wipe the smug off their faces on Nov 9th.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I used to frequent an Arby's by my job about 10+ years ago. I always found it to be perfectly adequate. These days my go-to fast food place is Chipotle, even after all that e.coli stuff they had over the last year. Anyway, that Arby's closed down within a year after I left that job, and now it's a Jamba Juice. Wait, what thread is this?

Oh right, the presidential debate. This will be the first one my wife and I can watch live (VP doesn't count). I kind of wish I drank/enjoyed alcohol. Alas, I'll be watching it sober tonight!

• Options

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

I have friends who have legitimately paid a guilt offset donation to HRC, etc... to make up for the money they spent at Chik-Fil-A when they had a moment of weakness.

Apparently the guy taking the donation over the phone laughed really hard when they gave the reason and said it made their night.

• Options

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

I have both Optimus and Jazz liking my post. Just finished reading the newest Transformers: MTMTE comic. I think I'm real fucking zen right now. That will be crushed absolutely in 50 minutes.

You have discovered one of the inspirations for my handle. He was my avatar here once, too. :+1:

• Options
    If anything, I'm certain to be eating a Mid Beef and Cheddar on election night.

• Options

For real prediction:

Clinton won't be able to solve world hunger or peace in 45 minutes without boring the punditry.

Trump won't use any of the #-words or poop himself on stage.

Result: Draw, because nobody is going to watch this.

I will put real, actual money on the above playing out as post-debate discussion on at least one station.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Oh god. The WaPo livestream has a hot mic right now.

Edit: And they realized. Choice quote was "It looks like we're watching a porno right now, just a couch and nothing else."

Mvrck on
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Oh god. The WaPo livestream has a hot mic right now.

Has Trump taken it furniture shopping yet?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

I have friends who have legitimately paid a guilt offset donation to HRC, etc... to make up for the money they spent at Chik-Fil-A when they had a moment of weakness.

Apparently the guy taking the donation over the phone laughed really hard when they gave the reason and said it made their night.

I always try to justify it to myself as "the guy that owns it is a douche but the store itself is full of poor people trying to make a living working a minimum wage fast food job and gosh darn it I should support them!"

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

I always try to justify it to myself as "the guy that owns it is a douche but the store itself is full of poor people trying to make a living working a minimum wage fast food job and gosh darn it I should support them!"

You could always open an Arby's and hire them yourself!

Eat at... well, you get the point.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Thanks for making this, work has been busy this week. I'm phone banking in a bit so may miss most of the debate and I'm kind of okay with that. I'm so exhausted by Trump's awfulness at this point, you know?

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

I don't bother justifying it. My brain is for analyzing the morality of decisions. My stomach is for digesting food which may include waffle fries from time to time.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I went to the Guinness brewery in Dublin this spring. I'm normally a complete teetotaler, but I thought that it would be appropriate to at least have a few sips while I was there, especially considering that there was a free glass of it at the end of the tour.

After a few sips, I decided that it wasn't for me. A teetotaler I remain.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Thanks for making this, work has been busy this week. I'm phone banking in a bit so may miss most of the debate and I'm kind of okay with that. I'm so exhausted by Trump's awfulness at this point, you know?

"Ha ha! I'll have you know that I've been holding back this entire campaign! I've only been using one-tenth of my total awfulness!!"

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    They keep showing what I think is the back of Pence's head.

So tomorrow he'll have no recollection of what Trump said tonight.

• Options

Eat at Arby's.

Damn good.

Chik-Fil-A's fries tho

They also only get like 15%, so like .50 per sandwich makes it back to the main company. So it's pretty easy to counter donate to even it out for delicious chicken/fries.

This discussion has been closed.