Options

sexy pokemon [chat]

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Teen Titans did a Goonies episode. They included riding bikes the the cave.

I still didn't get the bike reference on main page, tho.

they rode bikes in stranger things

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    my pop sockets for my ipad shipped. They have an upload your own design option and like 3 popups about having to own the intellectual property blah blah blah

I did two rocket raccoon ones (from different comics)

figured they'd get rejected

nope they shipped.

wooohoo holiday rush lowered their QC

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Actually Senj we need to be soulmates so Querry and I can get Canadian Couple-Married to you two so we get sweet sweet healthcare

we're going to have to set up a rota of what canadians are available to marry who to get them out of bananatrumpublic

I've been offering Sham Immigration Marriages (SIMs) since the Bush administration!

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I'm saying I got the bikes being integral to a certain era movie style, but never saw Stranger Things to make that connection.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    my pop sockets for my ipad shipped. They have an upload your own design option and like 3 popups about having to own the intellectual property blah blah blah
    I read this as "poop socks".

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

In episode one/two
    When Will gets taken they find his bike alone in the woods

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    I guess I should probably watch Stranger Things before this gets started in earnest

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I guess I should probably watch Stranger Things before this gets started in earnest

you will probably like it if you 'member the 80s.

I 'member them, oh yeah.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Watch out Senj it has a spoopometer rating

bDuZSYz.gif

proceed with caution

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

I 'member them, oh yeah.

JiBr-Goat%20Boy.jpg

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

We started, but it got too spooky, so we the is in the pile to watch when physically together

...but there are other things in the together pile, so we haven't actually gotten to it

I think we will now that we have defeated firefly though.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

I 'member them, oh yeah.

I 'member the dissolution of the Soviet Union

It is one of my earliest memories

• Options
    I dunno if anything could be spookier than the one guy who is a dead ringer for Jean Ralphio though

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    That's higher on the spoopometer than Candle Cove, right?

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I remember stuff

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    so wait

Stranger Things will bring me back to a time when Russia was our enemy, there was rampant deregulation, the rich elite controlled everything and didn't even try to pretend otherwise, and there was a populist president who probably has a mental disorder in the whitehouse?

Nah, I can just..you know..keep waking up for that

Ludious on
  • Options
    I remember stuff

prove it

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I remember stuff

prove it

I just did

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    I remember stuff

prove it

I just did

whoa

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I've thought about what Pony said in the other thread about "if you're doing this, don't do this (and seek help)." As far as I can know myself, I don't think I use the "withdraw from people to see if they care about me" method against people. If anything I do the exact opposite... someone does something hurtful to me and I draw myself closer trying to find out what I did wrong to cause it. The hardest thing in the world is for me to withdraw and say "this person/these people are assholes and not worth it, you need to stop subjecting yourself to their shit." It doesn't help that my personal reference point of what is shitty behavior is badly skewed by growing up with a bully for a father. (For outside reference as to what my father is: I'm almost certain the reason my Dad loves Trump is that he sees a reflection of himself in the man) I've frequently had the experience where someone else says to me, "I can't believe how [...] treated you!" and I didn't even realize there was anything wrong with it in the moment. Then again there's the other side of that where I treat people badly and am completely unaware that the behavior is bad until someone actually explains it to me. That part I've worked pretty hard to correct, and I have made a lot of progress (I think) but I still have some difficulty finding people willing to explain why X behavior that I did was bad so I can learn not to do it anymore. I think people take it for sarcasm when I ask.

This has been "why Cambiata is the worst." Thanks for reading.

Oh I realized I do do one thing sorta similar to Pony's livejournal girl: I search my name on the forums sometimes looking for evidence of people saying how much they hate me. So same basic action but looking for the exact opposite result. Either way I do need to seek help, but trying to find the right doctor always seems like such an insurmountable mountain to climb.

Aw dang that does not sound very fun

Anxiety is a piece of garbage and I am not friends with it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    so wait

Stranger Things will bring me back to a time when Russia was our enemy, there was rampant deregulation, the rich elite controlled everything and didn't even try to pretend otherwise, and there was a populist president who probably has a mental disorder in the whitehouse?

Do you like Goonies?

You will like Stranger Things.

It is basically Goonies but scarier.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Heh a friend of mine asked me for help on finding a "gaming computer with touch screen for ~$600". Poor lady. I am just going to recommend getting the little guy a good tablet.

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Watch out Senj it has a spoopometer rating

bDuZSYz.gif

proceed with caution

definitely not a skellington though

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2016
    so wait

It will bring you back to ET, Close Encounters, Amazing Stories and Stephen King in his prime.

edit: oh yeah goonies also

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I've thought about what Pony said in the other thread about "if you're doing this, don't do this (and seek help)." As far as I can know myself, I don't think I use the "withdraw from people to see if they care about me" method against people. If anything I do the exact opposite... someone does something hurtful to me and I draw myself closer trying to find out what I did wrong to cause it. The hardest thing in the world is for me to withdraw and say "this person/these people are assholes and not worth it, you need to stop subjecting yourself to their shit." It doesn't help that my personal reference point of what is shitty behavior is badly skewed by growing up with a bully for a father. (For outside reference as to what my father is: I'm almost certain the reason my Dad loves Trump is that he sees a reflection of himself in the man) I've frequently had the experience where someone else says to me, "I can't believe how [...] treated you!" and I didn't even realize there was anything wrong with it in the moment. Then again there's the other side of that where I treat people badly and am completely unaware that the behavior is bad until someone actually explains it to me. That part I've worked pretty hard to correct, and I have made a lot of progress (I think) but I still have some difficulty finding people willing to explain why X behavior that I did was bad so I can learn not to do it anymore. I think people take it for sarcasm when I ask.

Oh I realized I do do one thing sorta similar to Pony's livejournal girl: I search my name on the forums sometimes looking for evidence of people saying how much they hate me. So same basic action but looking for the exact opposite result. Either way I do need to seek help, but trying to find the right doctor always seems like such an insurmountable mountain to climb.

On the upside, I suspect people don't post about not liking you behind your back, but with those kinds of negative recurring thoughts there's always that sense of being sure it's out there

Blah

Brains and psychology

• Options
    I am v cross with anxiety and would like to uninvite it from my pizza party

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I bought FFXV.

I'm doomed, aren't I?

let me know how it is

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Didn't we do this like four months ago?

Stranger Things = (x pop culture reference) + (y random ass thing meant as humor)

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Goonies, hmmm was that the one where a bunch of families were about to lose their houses because evil rich white dudes somehow could just take their land?

I may have used to like Goonies.

Seems a bit distasteful now.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Goonies, hmmm was that the one where a bunch of families were about to lose their houses because evil rich white dudes somehow could just take their land?

Lud go to bed.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

Stranger Things = (x pop culture reference) + (y random ass thing meant as humor)

monster squad + stop or my mom will shoot

• Options
    so wait

It will bring you back to ET, Close Encounters, Amazing Stories and Stephen King in his prime.

edit: oh yeah goonies also

yes that's where everyone but lud went

lud breaks things down until they're the absolute worst thing they could possibly be

in fairness, he did predict the 2016 election

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

I'm saying I got the bikes being integral to a certain era movie style, but never saw Stranger Things to make that connection.

Its almost exactly the scene from the first episode where Will goes missing.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

monster squad + stop or my mom will shoot

Wolfmans gots nards.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

On the upside, I suspect people don't post about not liking you behind your back, but with those kinds of negative recurring thoughts there's always that sense of being sure it's out there

Blah

Brains and psychology

Correct. I should add that it's not like something I do obsessively every day or something, it's more like once a year or once every six months, my brain will be all like, "hey did you forget you're terrible? Let's go find some evidence." And of course there isn't any! So that's good! Doesn't stop my brain from trying, tho.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

But also the rich dude loses. Its a lovely fantasy.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

Look.

Yes, the 80s are like now, but back then they also had psychics and monsters. We don't have either of those in the now times.

• Options
    Oh! ET! The one where government goons hunt down an immigrant for being different
    And Close Encounters, gosh, the way that dad just abandons his family

timeless

• Options
    Oh! ET! The one where government goons hunt down an immigrant for being different
    And Close Encounters, gosh, the way that dad just abandons his family

timeless

how are you not mentally exhausted all the time

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I bought FFXV.

I'm doomed, aren't I?

This discussion has been closed.