As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Rerolling until you get 5 stars or Hector

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I am struggling to see how I'd ever give up a 5 star just for skills. They are so rare! So I have fed a couple 4 stars, but it isn't perfect. Deathblow 2 on my Kagero, for instance. She is already +Atk, so she's a menace. A shame I couldn't fit her onto my team of Linde, Anna, Ephraim, and Marth this season. I love one shotting Takumi with her.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Perhaps this is coming from the fact that my 5* pull of Reinhardt is basically a mobile nuke that can one shot anything other than Julia, but I honestly don't see the big deal with IVs and/or inherited skills at the moment.

As long as I'm moderately strategic my team can reliably get a 7x win streak in Tier 6 Grunritter which pushes them over the 4k in points to get the current max of feather, and that's not even with a perfect (No death) run.

Team comp:
    5* Rein
    4* Olivia (lvl 35)
    5* Eirika
    Character for bonus (currently a 3* 36 Anna, was a 5* Fae last time since Rein was bonus)

Unless you get more feathers at higher tiers I think I'll focus on getting more people to 5*/4* than getting their abilities.

After you get to the max tier under "offense", there are rank tiers that give more feathers (500 more per tier). For example, I'm sitting at a score of 4347 currently, and that gets me to a rank of 11769, which is in the 3rd tier, and 1500 more feathers. But I am with you on the Reinhardt nuke train. Tiny hands Reinhardt+dancer to take out their red units/Takumi, young Tiki to take out Hector, and then my fourth unit (currently Minerva) is there for the occasional male Robin/Julia/random lance user out there.

Yeah, I've put a couple passives on those units, but just from characters that I have multiples of. I haven't really seen any difference in whom I'm matched up against (I think the change in matchmaking is not due till April?).

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Tiny hands, big punch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Hmmm...would it be crazy to have Ephraim inherit Fury 3 and Lancebreaker 3 if he's got a +ATK/-DEF IV? The idea is that with Fury, his ATK is so high he kills most reds in one hit, so Lancebreaker lets him get a pseudo-advantage over other blues.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Hmmm...would it be crazy to have Ephraim inherit Fury 3 and Lancebreaker 3 if he's got a +ATK/-DEF IV? The idea is that with Fury, his ATK is so high he kills most reds in one hit, so Lancebreaker lets him get a pseudo-advantage over other blues.

I've been thinking of doing a similar thing with Tharja and R Tomebreaker. Well, that or Poison Strike from Saizo.

Or maybe Axebreaker to make her the ultimate Hector exterminator, even though I haven't found a Hector that's given her problems yet, and she's only 4*.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So I probably shouldn't be making decisions when I'm annoyed. I saw the 10 orb bonus put me well above 60, and promptly used it to chase ninian, and got a dumb healer (I.e. No blue orbs) and desperation inherit bait (read: 4* shanna). Which annoyed me, especially since I was watching the % rate go up.

Long story short, I saw red, and the odds are reset, and my orb count is down to just over 20. Got a 5* hinoka (I guess hone flyers looks okay?) and 4* nowi (which would have been a lot more useful if I had a ninian), baby hands (might toss an unleveled Odin tome on him, for horse emblem), and gwendolyn. And way too many dupes of questionable inherit use. Up to 6 sullys, 5 oboros, and 4 odins and donnels.

I'm probably going to end up doing an iap if the vote banner is next month. I just hope that it isn't a "chase blue" one, since I need more green and red fodder.

I also pulled the trigger on giving me Robin triangle adept from my spare Roy. Still not sure who I should take to 5. Him, sharena, or I guess baby hands or nowi now.

Or cecillia. I really need a good green, and all those other options are blue (probably because I've pulled more than a dozen blues chasing ninian), and honestly? I'm probably good enough on blues anyway, with Ephraim, cordelia, and now hinoka (and 4* catria, who is supposedly good)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Nowi is supposed to be like really good. One of the best Vantage users in the game.

I'd like those Donnels and Sullys and Odins plenty for inheritance. I'd love to have a copy of Draw Back on all of my teams. Drag Back and Brave Lances, Odintomes and Moonbow.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Just a reminder if you are hunting a specific color of hero. The savings are pretty minimal until you hit that 5th summon. It's 5 > 4 > 4 > 4 > 3. Even then, if you just summon orbs of the color you want, your big loss is getting 4 heroes per twenty instead of 5. That's not terrible, honestly.

So only bother summoning those *insert color here* if you really need them (or just pick at random if there are none you want), then bail on the set and get a new one.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Uh...yeah? That's why I have such a surfeit of Blues and was complaining about my dearth of red and (particularly) gtreba

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    I may have misunderstood then.

In unrelated news, not inheriting shit doesn't save you in the Arena. I just got matched against a Catria with a bunch of stuff inherited on. I've inherited no skills onto anyone yet.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to replace Cain with Eliwood on my cavalry team and give him Cain's Brave Sword.

The downside is I already had my Clarine eat my four star Eliwood for his cavalry buff, so that is awkward.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I may have misunderstood then.

In unrelated news, not inheriting shit doesn't save you in the Arena. I just got matched against a Catria with a bunch of stuff inherited on. I've inherited no skills onto anyone yet.

That's in the April update, not implemented yet.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    New Lunatic quests are live. Perfect timing since I still haven't beaten world 9 on Lunatic.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Man, I've been working on the 10th stratum infantry quest, and its already kinda rough. I don't see how anyone would be able to do the armored one. The horse one I can see as doable if you can exploit the Hone/Goad/Ward Cavalry buffs in Horse emblem, and you have access to magic/healing to fill out a team. The flying one seems near impossible without crazy use of inheritance skills for either brave weapons or heals to either prevent or recover from damage. Same (if not maybe worse?) for armored. I guess putting breath of life/renewal might work to recover from healing, and maybe poison strike if you're really going for winning by attrition, but it seems like even one magic user is almost fatal, and good luck if there are two there.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure I'll even be able to beat the infantry one, even though all four of my 5-star units are infantry characters. I can usually beat the 10th stratum just fine, but beating it without anyone dying is another story entirely.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I'm up to 180 orbs and will have around 190 if I finish all my remaining missions. WTB new banner.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    I'm up to 180 orbs and will have around 190 if I finish all my remaining missions. WTB new banner.

I can only hope for the amount of restraint/patience you show, Talith. I get to about 40 orbs, and it already feels like they're burning a whole in my pocket to get spent.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    what are the skills you want for things like horse emblem or bird emblem? i have a pretty awesome stable of flyers now

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    So I probably shouldn't be making decisions when I'm annoyed. I saw the 10 orb bonus put me well above 60, and promptly used it to chase ninian, and got a dumb healer (I.e. No blue orbs) and desperation inherit bait (read: 4* shanna). Which annoyed me, especially since I was watching the % rate go up.

Long story short, I saw red, and the odds are reset, and my orb count is down to just over 20. Got a 5* hinoka (I guess hone flyers looks okay?) and 4* nowi (which would have been a lot more useful if I had a ninian), baby hands (might toss an unleveled Odin tome on him, for horse emblem), and gwendolyn. And way too many dupes of questionable inherit use. Up to 6 sullys, 5 oboros, and 4 odins and donnels.

I'm probably going to end up doing an iap if the vote banner is next month. I just hope that it isn't a "chase blue" one, since I need more green and red fodder.

I also pulled the trigger on giving me Robin triangle adept from my spare Roy. Still not sure who I should take to 5. Him, sharena, or I guess baby hands or nowi now.

Or cecillia. I really need a good green, and all those other options are blue (probably because I've pulled more than a dozen blues chasing ninian), and honestly? I'm probably good enough on blues anyway, with Ephraim, cordelia, and now hinoka (and 4* catria, who is supposedly good)

Baby hands is really, really good. You can put bowbreaker on him and get the same takumi killing effect that you would get from robin, and he has more mobility. He would probably be my best character if i didn't have a +atk Julia. Mine is even a -atk and he still gets the job done.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Fury/Vantage/Threaten Def Kagero is proceeding according to plan.

She's made of glass, but against infantry she's not a cannon, she's an orbital bombardment platform.

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I am having a serious case of inheritance indecision. Now that I have a decent collection of 4* and 5* characters at 40 I don't know who I should start investing more effort into. Currently I am just leveling everyone I have up just in case I need 'food'

• Options
    mts wrote: »
    what are the skills you want for things like horse emblem or bird emblem? i have a pretty awesome stable of flyers now

For horse emblem, the obvious ones are the Fortify/Goad/Hone/Ward Cavalry skills (particularly Goad and Hone). Those alone are pretty powerful, but if you combine them with a *blade+ weapon (from Tharja/Odin/Nino) you get a crazy nuke, though I haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure if there are any other special skills that are particular to Horse Emblem.

On the other hand, I don't think bird emblem is really a thing (at least not yet!), at least if you mean a team of all fliers. Fliers don't have any access to ranged (either magic or physical), and the huge weakness to archers, which are much more common than anti-cavalry. Though, you can obviously still take advantage of the X fliers skills, and when Michalis comes out, Iote's shield to protect against all those archers.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    Fury/Vantage/Threaten Def Kagero is proceeding according to plan.

She's made of glass, but against infantry she's not a cannon, she's an orbital bombardment platform.

Addendum: I need like a trillion more SP.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

I'm just behind you. And the 5k feathers from today pushed me back up over 20k, as well. But I don't want to promote anyone until I spend these orbs and know what I really want.

• Options

For horse emblem, the obvious ones are the Fortify/Goad/Hone/Ward Cavalry skills (particularly Goad and Hone). Those alone are pretty powerful, but if you combine them with a *blade+ weapon (from Tharja/Odin/Nino) you get a crazy nuke, though I haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure if there are any other special skills that are particular to Horse Emblem.

On the other hand, I don't think bird emblem is really a thing (at least not yet!), at least if you mean a team of all fliers. Fliers don't have any access to ranged (either magic or physical), and the huge weakness to archers, which are much more common than anti-cavalry. Though, you can obviously still take advantage of the X fliers skills, and when Michalis comes out, Iote's shield to protect against all those archers.

i actually have two michalis from early release of the map.
    my issue i think is don't know which skills stack.

also how it effects things like Nino's atk

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Got my first 5* unit...Klein. 2nd best archer in the game according to the tier list, so not bad I guess.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Got my first 5* unit...Klein. 2nd best archer in the game according to the tier list, so not bad I guess.

Mine has -attack and he's still a killing machine. Brave Bow murders squishes real nice.

Dance him for EXTRA FUN.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Olivia and any brave unit is devastating. Attack+4 and then delete people.

That's how I keep pulling 4k+ in arena. I have a +atk Olwen. Its not fair.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Olivia and any brave unit is devastating. Attack+4 and then delete people.

That's how I keep pulling 4k+ in arena. I have a +atk Olwen. Its not fair.

Cherche is going to be a favorite soon I imagine. Put Brave Axe+ and Deathblow on a unit with the highest ATK after Effie, but flying! Give her an attack buff and she also mercs Swordsmen unless they have Triangle Adept with decent DEF. Give her Luna and she will kill Hector as well. Maybe give her drag back and reposition/draw back for murder > dance > retreat shenanigans.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Man, I've been working on the 10th stratum infantry quest, and its already kinda rough. I don't see how anyone would be able to do the armored one. The horse one I can see as doable if you can exploit the Hone/Goad/Ward Cavalry buffs in Horse emblem, and you have access to magic/healing to fill out a team. The flying one seems near impossible without crazy use of inheritance skills for either brave weapons or heals to either prevent or recover from damage. Same (if not maybe worse?) for armored. I guess putting breath of life/renewal might work to recover from healing, and maybe poison strike if you're really going for winning by attrition, but it seems like even one magic user is almost fatal, and good luck if there are two there.

I got through Horse Emblem with three 4 stars and a 3 star Sully. Gunter for the cavalry buff, and switched between Cecilia and Ursula depending on enemy units.

Working through Infantry with a team of 5 stars though (still no healer) and it's definitely easier.

Have to be really selective with which fights you actually attempt (more than 1 bow/tome user is usually an auto-pass, more than four units is almost definitely an auto-pass) and I still dumped hundreds of stamina on failed horse attempts, but what else was I going to use that stamina for anyway.

I have a flier team that could probably scrape by (Palla for buffs, Subaki mega-tank) but it's pretty weak offensively and not having anything that can one shot archers means it will be super tedious just finding enemy compositions they can attempt. Not sure I'll end up trying it, and it's definitely low priority until I finish lunatic missions.

Armor, is basically have Hector or don't bother. Even then you need to be super picky on enemy compositions probably. Effie and Draug could put in a lot of work too...but even if I had the units and had them leveled up I'm not sure I'd be willing to go through the hassle of this one.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I don't think the 3 orbs are worth leveling up armor units. I don't think they get enough benefits to make up for the loss in movement. Also, playing as them is super boring. It will be the first orb quest i will leave on the table since i've been playing, but whatever.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I don't think the 3 orbs are worth leveling up armor units. I don't think they get enough benefits to make up for the loss in movement. Also, playing as them is super boring. It will be the first orb quest i will leave on the table since i've been playing, but whatever.

I think the one thing I like about Effie is smite. It makes for some fun plays, like punting a melee unit over water to get to an enemy. In fact, the more I think about it, I'm gonna try to put smite on one of my normal group (since I've since gotten a second Effie), but not sure whom to put it on.

• Options
    Free unit lunatic grand battle man returns.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    IIRC that was with just 4* versions too

EDIT: actually, looking up the stats, it looks like it's _3*_ versions

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Hrm.

I have 2 4* Tharjas, should I level the neutral or the +SPD/-HP one?

• Options
    Always speed.

ladi.png
  • Options

the preview was 3* for hard and 4* for lunatic

camo_sig.png
  • Options

the preview was 3* for hard and 4* for lunatic

I dunno, looking at the video, they have bronze borders going in there

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I was going to feed my Nino to Cecilia for Horse Emblem but I checked her stats and she is +Speed -Resist so hmmm.

Edit: Also my Effie ate Donnel and now has Brave Lance.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Pulled a neutral 5* Roy and a 4* +ak/-spe Sheena off the new banner. Combined with my two Draugs that's +14 to defences for Effie, making Armor Emblem a real possibility.

E: Also a spare 4* Nowi to give Lightning Breath to another dragon. Pretty dang solid.

Shen on
    ladi.png
This discussion has been closed.