As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    I like checking the rarity of my trophies.
    Watching the dropoff can be heartbreaking.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

YOUR RAREST TROPHY*

TROPHY NAME:
    Firewatch

GAME NAME:
    FIREWATCH

TROPHY DESCRIPTION:
    Completed Day 79

NUMBER OF PLAYERS YOU SHARE THIS TROPHY WITH*

Aw yiss.
    HOURS OF ONLINE PLAY CLOCKED UP

PUTTING YOU IN THE TOP*
    18%

THE GAME YOU'VE PUT THE MOST HOURS INTO
    DESTINY

WITH YOUR TOTAL HOURS TALLIED AT

IN 2016 YOU REALLY GOT INTO
    NO MANS SKY

YOUR HOURS OF PLAY HIT

YOUR TROPHY CABINET

1PLATINUM
    27 GOLD
    155 silver
    1095 BRONZE

THAT PUTS YOU IN THE TOP*
    2%

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

I don't understand rarity at all. I assume it's the percentage of players who earned that trophy? Well there are games out there that will give you an unavoidable trophy not 2 minutes into the opening cinematic. Yet the rarity is 96%.

Who the hell are these 4% that aren't earning this trophy?!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular

I don't understand rarity at all. I assume it's the percentage of players who earned that trophy? Well there are games out there that will give you an unavoidable trophy not 2 minutes into the opening cinematic. Yet the rarity is 96%.

People who booted up the game but didn't actually start it.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options

What, they get to the title screen, see "Press Start" and go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3_XsjHGgOA

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Dunno if this email is an EU thing or not, but either way, the email address I use for PSN (my Hotmail, which is my "registrations and spam" email) has real difficulty accepting emails from Sony, so I'll never see it. I don't get weekly store updates, I didn't get that cool end-of-the-year email summarizing hours played... total bummer. Doesn't go to my spam folder, it just... doesn't come in. That's what I get for using Hotmail for this kind of stuff, though.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Given that one of the rarest trophies was from clearing part one of a game, I'm guessing it's just a flat "number of people who got this trophy."

Meaning this could be a gold mine of figuring out which games sold terribly. :P

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    nwrabenwrabe Insidious Squid Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    YOUR RAREST TROPHY*

TROPHY NAME:
    Firewatch

GAME NAME:
    FIREWATCH

TROPHY DESCRIPTION:
    Completed Day 79

Aw yiss.

These are probably regional counts. There are over 1,000 people on truetrophies.com that have that trophy. Maybe EU trophy holders only?

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Dunno if this email is an EU thing or not, but either way, the email address I use for PSN (my Hotmail, which is my "registrations and spam" email) has real difficulty accepting emails from Sony, so I'll never see it. I don't get weekly store updates, I didn't get that cool end-of-the-year email summarizing hours played... total bummer. Doesn't go to my spam folder, it just... doesn't come in. That's what I get for using Hotmail for this kind of stuff, though.

I didn't get it either, and I do get emails from Sony saying congrats on finishing games / getting Platinum trophies so would expect it to work. I suspect this was just sent to people with EU based accounts.

I like trophy percentages though I don't get seriously into trophy hunting except for games I really love, and even then I won't do any that require more than a single play through. Mostly I just use them to see what parts of the game I'm overlooking or to see how other people play the same games.

I do like the way that CoDs (with 6-8 hour campaigns) almost always have a lower completion rate than Souls games for example.

• Options

What, they get to the title screen, see "Press Start" and go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3_XsjHGgOA

The number of JRPGs I bought in the PS1 and PS2 eras, booted to watch the opening movie and then put aside "for later" would probably shock you.

I'm better now but I would definitely have been part of that 4% at one time.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I own my own domain and have a bit under 100 different email addresses that I use for various things. My PSN specific email address hasn't received one of these notices yet.

On the other hand I did get a VR survey from Ubisoft for playing Werewolves Within and Eagle Flight. Took their incredibly long survey and supposedly they are going to send me $50 in ubisoft store credit. Frankly, I'll believe that when I get it.

Still waiting on the PSN statistics too.

26904.png
  • Options
    I mean if you look at my trophies right now I have zero of them in The Last of Us, because I installed it, booted it up and set it aside for later. I'm sure lots of people will install games meaning well, but just never get around to playing them.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Looks like PSN is sending some sort of statistics to their users as part of this 10 year anniversary.

For me, it included this hilarious little tidbit:

YOUR RAREST TROPHY

Trophy name: Act. 1 CLEAR

Game: MOON DIVER

HOW MANY OTHER PLAYERS HAVE THIS TROPHY?

I don't think this Moon Diver game sold super well, you guys.
    I love it when a game goes free on PS+ and all the trophies become Ultra Rare.

It's always so sad when my favorite games have less than 30% of players with the "completed the game" trophy.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I mean if you look at my trophies right now I have zero of them in The Last of Us, because I installed it, booted it up and set it aside for later. I'm sure lots of people will install games meaning well, but just never get around to playing them.

I'm sure you've heard it 400 times, but... you should play TLoU. It's quite good.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    nwrabe wrote: »
    YOUR RAREST TROPHY*

TROPHY NAME:
    Firewatch

GAME NAME:
    FIREWATCH

TROPHY DESCRIPTION:
    Completed Day 79

Aw yiss.

These are probably regional counts. There are over 1,000 people on truetrophies.com that have that trophy. Maybe EU trophy holders only?
    Your online play percentile (it’s a word) and trophy rarity stat are based on players who qualify for this email. Your trophy percentile is based on players who qualify for this email who also have over 25 trophies.

• Options
    Is the remastered Gravity Rush different to the original? I'm hating the motion controls and they play a significant part of this game on the vita. Hoping they might've removed then for the PS4 version.

• Options
    Is the remastered Gravity Rush different to the original? I'm hating the motion controls and they play a significant part of this game on the vita. Hoping they might've removed then for the PS4 version.

It has motion controls, but everything is also mapped to the right stick. I don't remember any "motion controls or die" sections, but I just played with the stick mostly.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    There's another PSN flash sale going on through the 27th. Ys 7 is finally on sale. Even though I already have it in UMD form on PSP, I'm tempted to buy it online just so I can play it on my PS TV.

Also, the DLC for The Last of Us is on there too for $6. Might have to pick that up.

• Options

It has motion controls, but everything is also mapped to the right stick. I don't remember any "motion controls or die" sections, but I just played with the stick mostly.

Just the slide race was bugging me.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Cracked on the psn sale and bought:

Ratchet and Clank
    Bound
    Job Simulator
    VR worlds

(ok, js wasn't on sale but I've been after it for months since the demo)

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Cracked on the psn sale and bought:

Ratchet and Clank
    Bound
    Job Simulator
    VR worlds

(ok, js wasn't on sale but I've been after it for months since the demo)

i don't see ratchet and clank on there at all

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    That sale isn't in the US.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    ah there's two sales going on at the same time

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    You can turn off the motion controls in GR Remastered

It makes it actually playable and awesome

• Options
    North America PSN Flash sale is kind of butts.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I finally picked up Far Cry 4 and double-dipped on Defense Grid 2. Not bad for just south of $20.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    What is the PS4's version of xboxdvr.com? I don't know how to share screenshots on forums and such.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    What is the PS4's version of xboxdvr.com? I don't know how to share screenshots on forums and such.
    You can share screenshots by pressing the Share button and selecting Screenshot. Then send it to one of the destinations on the list (Facebook, Twitter, Activities, Messages, or Communities). If you don't have a social media account, you can send it to Messages, then Create Group, then send the screenshot as an attachment to the group chat. Or just go to a friend (Via Profile or Friends list), send the Picture as an attachment to a PSN message to that friend.

Either way, you can then head over to playstation.com, sign into your account. In the toolbar at the top of the website, there's a place to access your PSN messages, which should include the picture attachments. You can also chat with people on PSN now on playstation.com. It's kinda neat.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Or, you can take the screen shot, copy it to a thumb drive, move it to your computer, and upload it to the forums.

(I refuse to Facebook or Twitter)

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    All of these options seem like more work than I would do to eventually get a PS4 screenshot onto a forum.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Just the slide race was bugging me.

The slide races in GR:R are WAY less annoying.

Also, the motion controls can be turned off, but give them a try first. It is a completely different experience using them on the controller vs twisting the whole system around. I hated them on the portable, fwiw, but loved the extra precision aiming with the controller.

Of course I also played a lot of Splatoon between the two games so just having a ton more hours put into a motion aiming game may have made them more familiar. I can't decide. Squirrels give me orders and I must obey.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Just as a note, sorry I haven't posted the update, the drop or anything this week. It's been a hell week for me as I'm pretty sick and dealing with a lot of family issues. The latter of which will likely keep my forum presence low for a while. So if anyone could take over doing the updates and shit for the NA store for a little bit, that'd be awesome.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Just as a note, sorry I haven't posted the update, the drop or anything this week. It's been a hell week for me as I'm pretty sick and dealing with a lot of family issues. The latter of which will likely keep my forum presence low for a while. So if anyone could take over doing the updates and shit for the NA store for a little bit, that'd be awesome.

Hope things turn around for ya. Thanks for keeping it up till today, I appreciate when you post.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

Hope things turn around for ya. Thanks for keeping it up till today, I appreciate when you post.

Seconded Mogs, your work is much appreciated.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Nier Automata is really frickin' great. Here, I am riding a Moose:
    T5fvfSN.jpg

Going to get Andromeda eventually, but I think I'll manage without it, somehow... :P :D

• Options
    Wait, you can actually ride a moose in the game? Now why didn't anybody show THAT in the previews?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    You could ride giant pigs in the first one. There was even boar drifting.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

There still IS boar drifting!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    LD50 wrote: »

There still IS boar drifting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_IRsNKAE0

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    OH HECK YES!!!!

Now I want need this game. That is indeed boar drifting.

oosik_betsuni.png