As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    When I charge a kett, they die.
    When Cora charges a Kett, they have ~50% health.

My headcanon is now that Cora isn't actually that powerful of a biotic. The alliance was just like "god she's insufferable, we'll ship her to the asari telling them she's among the most powerful biotics we've ever had". And then the asari found out how insufferable and limited in power she is, and sent her back.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    So does Liam, um

ever put his shirt back on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    So does Liam, um

No.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Excellent

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

My headcanon is now that Cora isn't actually that powerful of a biotic. The alliance was just like "god she's insufferable, we'll ship her to the asari telling them she's among the most powerful biotics we've ever had". And then the asari found out how insufferable and limited in power she is, and sent her back.

"They sent me to a school for gifted kids because I was so smart!"

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So does Liam, um

Vetra has a conversation with Liam where she's giving him shit for his lack of uniform standards

He's like wut, this is a civilian ship, I don't care, I'll walk around without my shirt if I want to

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    So does Liam, um

Vetra has a conversation with Liam where she's giving him shit for his lack of uniform standards

He's like wut, this is a civilian ship, I don't care, I'll walk around without my shirt if I want to

It definitely conveys well that the Tempest is a civilian ship when there's some dude in the back drinking beer and watching old movies in his sweat pants on a shitty old couch. It's pretty great

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Also how hilarious is the het/queercoding when she is literally obsessed with an all-female species

Probably for the best that she's not gay

It'd be like 3 days into the relationship before she's trying to convince Sara to try out this sexy blue body paint

I don't see how that wouldn't be an improvement to most bioware sex scenes

Let's do it let's get kinky

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    ME3/ME:A
    My guess is the the other end of the QEC was just destroyed in the fighting during ME3. There's no indication of a canon ending either way.

• Options
    The game setup asks you if you had a male or female shepard, has anyone had that referenced in anything?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I think the banter bug is connected to the nomad bug, but I'm not sure.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    The game setup asks you if you had a male or female shepard, has anyone had that referenced in anything?

Yes

Spoiler for how important it is, not when exactly it comes up.
    once, in dialogue, near the very end of the game, Shepard is referred to in conversation and I guess they thought it would be weird to dance around gender pronouns?

So you pick Shepard's gender so in one conversation, characters can refer to Shepard as him/her.

Ultimately it's not important

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    There is radio news on the station talking about a random accidental death and the name being withheld until next of kin in the Milky Way are notified.

I'm like what? Not only is it 600 years later and they are super dead, but that notification is going to take a while.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    So I can't tell if there's a bug or I'm missing something incredibly stupid.

H-047C spoilers
    So how do I get back in the Tempest without exitting the nomad? Is there normally just an interact option when you drive up the ramp? I'm getting nothing. Can't shove it in through the doors, can't fast travel back in, driving around on top of the ship does nothing.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    While in the Nomad, holding triangle or its equivalent will immediately extract you to the Tempest

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    So I can't tell if there's a bug or I'm missing something incredibly stupid.

H-047C spoilers
    So how do I get back in the Tempest without exitting the nomad? Is there normally just an interact option when you drive up the ramp? I'm getting nothing. Can't shove it in through the doors, can't fast travel back in, driving around on top of the ship does nothing.

on PC hold down "T"

no it never tells you this vital information

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I should probably have known that! Thanks!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I think it's a nice touch. Even if the victim's immediate family is dead, it's probably reassuring to know the Initiative would try to inform someone who could feasibly give a shit.

Yeah but unless there's some absolutely ridiculous new communication tech revealed later in the game, that message to their next of kin would take centuries if it could be sent at all. That the colonists are on their own out there is driven home pretty hard. They'll be withholding the workers' name basically forever.

I wonder if that message was meant as a joke but they were a little too subtle/played it too straight

QEC tech is a real thing in-universe (in real life it's absurd nonsense) and requires just having put two different communicators that are paired in different physical places, those two communicators could call each other across any distance in real-time since they're paired

The Andromeda Initiative did leave QECs behind when they left the Milky Way specifically to call home with.

Nobody picked up.

yellow ending is canon, nice

I think the QEC relays got destroyed in the reaper war

which leaves things ambiguous, still!

also, speculation on other milky way species:
    why were the geth looking at other galaxies, HMM?!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I think it's a nice touch. Even if the victim's immediate family is dead, it's probably reassuring to know the Initiative would try to inform someone who could feasibly give a shit.

Yeah but unless there's some absolutely ridiculous new communication tech revealed later in the game, that message to their next of kin would take centuries if it could be sent at all. That the colonists are on their own out there is driven home pretty hard. They'll be withholding the workers' name basically forever.

I wonder if that message was meant as a joke but they were a little too subtle/played it too straight

QEC tech is a real thing in-universe (in real life it's absurd nonsense) and requires just having put two different communicators that are paired in different physical places, those two communicators could call each other across any distance in real-time since they're paired

The Andromeda Initiative did leave QECs behind when they left the Milky Way specifically to call home with.

Nobody picked up.

yellow ending is canon, nice

I think the QEC relays got destroyed in the reaper war

which leaves things ambiguous, still!

also, speculation on other milky way species:
    why were the geth looking at other galaxies, HMM?!
    I assumed they were looking for Reapers

I would love it if my good good robot friends found their way to Andromeda, though

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think it sounds so weird in this game because everybody says "Milky WAY"

You know, the way nobody does?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Let's be honest. The name "Milky Way" is a pretty silly name for a galaxy to begin with.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2017
    Baidol wrote: »
    Let's be honest. The name "Milky Way" is a pretty silly name for a galaxy to begin with.

I think it kinda rules as a name

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    it's a hell of a thing hearing your home galaxy mentioned in the past tense

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I think it sounds so weird in this game because everybody says "Milky WAY"

You know, the way nobody does?

That's the only way I've ever heard it said

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I got tricked on one of the sidequests and got so mad I restarted from the last save I had before it and am about to replay an hour or so after skipping through dialogue

But running through the area again I run into none other than
    Jesus Christ, Cassandra Verner?! And she's just as bad a fangirl as her infamous brother!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

https://youtu.be/ZqaCEPwWGtc

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Voeld:
    The planets viability is above 40%, which means I'm technically able to found a colony, but for the story's sake, I'm just not willing to do it yet because I haven't gotten the vault sorted out yet and I feel like that'd really put a damper on a colony setup (even though in the game I know it won't).

• Options
    Got the location of the unmarked mission I was talking about yesterday.

[snip]

Thank you!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Can you put a second colony on Eos?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I've got the banter bug and man this sucks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    What's the banter bug

• Options
    Can weapons be crafted beyond Level V?

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Yes, once you've researched rank V you get an Advanced option which goes from VI to X.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What's the banter bug
    Your companions won't chat when you drive in the Nomad outside of planet/mission specific lines

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What's the banter bug

Your squadmates are supposed to banter with each other in the Nomad, but the bug prevents this

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Didn't inquisition have that same exact bug

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Oh gotcha
    I think I'm good there

• Options
    At one point when running from the bridge to the center console, half the ship vanished into space , the textures reloaded and Ryder floated back down from the sky.

• Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    Yes, once you've researched rank V you get an Advanced option which goes from VI to X.

Awwww shit there it is. Thank you!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Also nvidia keeps flipping physx to run on my cpu instead of on my SLI 980s and now that I switched it back it wants to run in full ultra mode, so I hope that works.

edit-cpu not gpu

Weaver on
This discussion has been closed.