As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Full of all sorts of stupid.

MeizMeiz Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Social Entropy++
Idiotic lawsuits
Wiki wrote:
Emerson lawsuit

On October 2, 2006, Emerson Electric Company, an appliance market competitor of NBC's owner General Electric, filed suit in federal court against NBC. The suit was in regards to a scene that appeared in "Genesis," the pilot episode, which depicts Claire Bennet reaching into an active garbage disposal unit—labeled "In-Sink-Erator"—to retrieve a ring, and severely injuring her hand in the process. Emerson claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

Emerson had asked for a ruling barring future broadcasts of the pilot, which was previously available on NBC's Web site and has already aired on NBC Universal-owned cable networks USA Network and The Sci Fi Channel. It also sought to block NBC from using any Emerson trademarks in the future.[25]

On February 23, 2007, the case against NBC was dropped. NBC Universal and Emerson Electric reached an agreement to settle the lawsuit outside of court. [26]

The episode in question was briefly unavailable in the iTunes Store, but an edited version was shortly made available for download.

Songs that make no sense considering their setting:

I was working in the lab late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my monster from his slab began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise

He did the mash
He did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
He did the mash
It caught on in a flash
He did the mash
He did the monster mash

ITT, we discuss stupid shit that doesn't make sense.

Like this for instance:
BoredGamer wrote: »
What, like you making this thread?

Meiz on

• Options
    Username.Username. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    like this post

OWNZORED

Username. on
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

EDIT: Damn it!

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    slowslow Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    fail17.jpg

slow on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

EDIT: Damn it!

like trying to post and getting beaten

OWNZERED TIMES TOO

Username. on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh, obligatory bashing of the OP. Haven't seen that before.

Guess what, you made the list sparky.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It is so cute when they get defensive.

slow on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    the dudes who spend $15,000 on the spoiler, turbo and stereo for their $3000 car

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    once i was at a party and then

no i wasn't

SUXORED

Username. on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Meiz wrote: »
    Oh, obligatory bashing of the OP. Haven't seen that before.

Guess what, you made the list sparky.

It's obligatory because you wrote a line and a half for a topic. It just looks like your lazy, and slightly stupid.

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    Tiger_ArmyGTRTiger_ArmyGTR Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    man who the fuck ARE you guys?

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
    Drunkenly pissing on a girl's work clothes is no path to a second date.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Good to see you can't take critical thought. Well done, your sure have beaten me, haven't you?

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    a friend of mine from high school bought a 15k mitsubishi fto and bought some bodykit to make it look more flashy when it was already pretty clearly a ricer car

then he got a big spoiler that basically blocked the view out the back and weighed down the boot so it wouldnt stay open when you try to put something in it

and we laughed but were also jealous that he bought this car himself

i went to his house last week and he had like 3 or 4 more cars
    friggin what the fuck we finished high school like 2.5 years ago howd he do that and also why not buy another type of thing like a boat or crystal gravy boat

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I do not feel like I have been up for three hours.

I should probably study more.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Air wrote: »
    a friend of mine from high school bought a 15k mitsubishi fto and bought some bodykit to make it look more flashy when it was already pretty clearly a ricer car

i cant tell if its a typo or racism

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    tsplitter wrote: »
    "Ricer" and/or "riced-out" are pretty commonly used, duder. I don't really know how else one would describe the phenomenon.

slow on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well shit I forgot my flashcards and notes.

So much for studying.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Air would be a ricer himself. So it's okay.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    slow wrote: »
    "Ricer" and/or "riced-out" are pretty commonly used, duder. I don't really know how else one would describe the phenomenon.

well every year i buy my asian friend shit like throwing stars for his b-day so i guess i cant really say shit on the matter

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    friggin what the fuck we finished high school like 2.5 years ago howd he do that and also why not buy another type of thing like a boat or crystal gravy boat

Crystal Gravy boats are a simple yes/no measurement of class.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

then he got a big spoiler that basically blocked the view out the back and weighed down the boot so it wouldnt stay open when you try to put something in it

and we laughed but were also jealous that he bought this car himself

i went to his house last week and he had like 3 or 4 more cars

Reminds me of my buddy who's now in Calgary. He's driving one of the current vettes. Nice fucking car. The reason he could afford it was that he was living at home in his early 20s. I don't hold that against him personally because I'd like to be in that kind of situation.

I wouldn't call that stupid either. In fact it's rather smart. Life's short, and if you can climb into a nice car for some of the ride, then that's good.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I hate it when peoples' cars look nicer than the places where they sleep at night

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Good to see you can't take critical thought. Well done, your sure have beaten me, haven't you?

You call that being critical? Someone makes what's deemed to be a weak OP and that's the usual automated response. Personally, I think it's stupid so I put you in the OP.

Meiz on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This thread is as retarded as five youtube comments.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I hate it when peoples' cars look nicer than the places where they sleep at night

His parents are well off and his house was nice. We'd have 4 table Texas Hold'em Tournaments more often then I can remember. They usually ended up lasting until 5 in the morning. Then we went for breakfast at Perkins.

They dubbed me Bluffer McGee once I decided to try to bluff someone off the pot with a 7-2 offsuit. Thing is, that strategy was working all night.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

His parents are well off and his house was nice. We'd have 4 table Texas Hold'em Tournaments more often then I can remember. They usually ended up lasting until 5 in the morning. Then we went for breakfast at Perkins.

They dubbed me Bluffer McGee once I decided to try to bluff someone off the pot with a 7-2 offsuit. Thing is, that strategy was working all night.

actually what i was referring was something I saw a few months ago, a fat guy wearing a wife beater and sweat pants walking out of his trailer and getting into a new ford mustang

but i guess none of you could have known that

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

You call that being critical? Someone makes what's deemed to be a weak OP and that's the usual automated response. Personally, I think it's stupid so I put you in the OP.

You think my opinion is stupid, just because it doesn't agree with yours? What, do you have the reasoning of a five year old or something?

I mean, christ, how petty are you?

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

You think my opinion is stupid, just because it doesn't agree with yours? What, do you have the reasoning of a five year old or something?

I mean, christ, how petty are you?

No, my reasoning is that when I see a dead horse whacked repeatedly, it tends to give me a negative impression of the person beating it.

I don't think that falls under the definition of petty.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, we killed that thread pretty damn well.

Username. on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    slow wrote: »

well every year i buy my asian friend shit like throwing stars for his b-day so i guess i cant really say shit on the matter

We do the same thing for one of my friends. We usually alternate the stereotypical Asian stuff with stereotypical Mexican stuff, though. He's Filipino, I'm not sure which one he hates more.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    Tiger_ArmyGTRTiger_ArmyGTR Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    idontlikethis.jpg

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
    Drunkenly pissing on a girl's work clothes is no path to a second date.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    See now the topic has some filler. I retract my previous statements.

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    See now the topic has some filler. I retract my previous statements.

I'm not.

Meiz on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Felt like a good a time as any to mention a Darwin Awards honorable mention. So, here's one I found:

(13 May 1998, New Jersey) There's apparently not much to do in Long Branch during the long May evenings. A 51-year-old man decided to satisfy his fantasy of robotic love by seeking sexual gratification with his vacuum cleaner. Most men would think twice before poking a valuable organ into a vacuum, but this optimistic fellow had no qualms about the safety of his intended course of action. And using a vacuum cleaner had the appealing aspect of tidying up his mess after satisfying him.

Our horny hero didn't realize that the suction on his hand-held Singer A-6 was created by a blade whirling just beneath the hose attachment, adjacent to the collection bag. His search for pleasure was cut short seconds after he stuck his penis into the vacuum and the blade lopped off part of his penis. With a sense of loss, he staggered to the phone and called police. He told them that he had been stabbed in his sleep. When police pointed out suspicious evidence, the victim claimed not to remember the incident.

Surgeons at Monmouth Medical Center stopped the bleeding, but were unable to reattach the 1/2" severed part. Though this man is still alive, his ability to reproduce has been curtailed by both his injury and his proclivity for household appliances.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    eryu90eryu90 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    And you sig becomes icing on the cake

eryu90 on
  • Options
    FlyingmanFlyingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man... Pterodactyls...

There are furrys, sloppy furrys, then there are Pterodactyls...

(and hand puppets)

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

actually what i was referring was something I saw a few months ago, a fat guy wearing a wife beater and sweat pants walking out of his trailer and getting into a new ford mustang

but i guess none of you could have known that

This phenomenon is called "buying a car with three of the four credit card offers you got in the mail today".

They'll be coming for the car, eventually. The trailler too.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    We should make a thread in which everyone communicates in lymrics.
    The first page would be lymrics about how shitty of a thread it is, but after that it would be pretty rad.

Trexy on
  • Options
    Jedi RenegadeJedi Renegade Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Trexy wrote: »
    The first page would be lymrics about how shitty of a thread it is, but after that it would be pretty rad.

Do you mean "limericks" or "lyrics"? Because "lymrics" sounds like a bastard child of the two.

Jedi Renegade on
    metalsig.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Trexy wrote: »

Do you mean "limericks" or "lyrics"? Because "lymrics" sounds like a bastard child of the two.

They become lymrics when there are phat beats in the background while you recite them.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Jedi RenegadeJedi Renegade Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also if one pops and/or locks during recitation.

Jedi Renegade on
    metalsig.jpg