As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pet Peeves

1235»

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I think the Store is Barnes and Noble

and it's possession
    this post is sort of hurting my head

boy

good thing you're pretty, huh?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Also, in band class, when people aren't competent enough to put the music stands back on the rack correctly. That bugs the hell out of me.

man, your band classes must be boring

we used the music stands as weapons of war
    They are pretty fun actually. Our seniors are the best ever. They're serious about music, but they still have enough sense of humor to dick around.

And people that think they are good at stuff, but aren't, also annoy me.

Like our only french horn player. What a dumbshit.

Of course, everyone hates those kind of people.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    Also, in band class, when people aren't competent enough to put the music stands back on the rack correctly. That bugs the hell out of me.

They are pretty fun actually. Our seniors are the best ever. They're serious about music, but they still have enough sense of humor to dick around.

yeah, we had them, too

the one trombonist thought he was fucking great. he kept yelling at the other trombonist for messing up, even though it was always his fault

so i taught myself trombone one week and the brass teacher said i was better than the kid

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

yeah, we had them, too

the one trombonist thought he was fucking great. he kept yelling at the other trombonist for messing up, even though it was always his fault

so i taught myself trombone one week and the brass teacher said i was better than the kid
    Our first chair trombonist is really good, but he still yells at everyone for "playing it wrong", even if it was an honest mistake.

Nobody likes him.

Except his girlfriend.

Who he knocked up.

They are both ugly.

They will have the ugliest baby ever.

EVER.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I love my band class

our director is pretty terrible and a huge bitch when she's with groups, but the class is awesome anyway because the whole time we just draw dumb pictures on our DSes and send them to each other

marching sucks balls but it's over for us after a semester

redhead on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007

yeah, we had them, too

Our first chair trombonist is really good, but he still yells at everyone for "playing it wrong", even if it was an honest mistake.

Nobody likes him.

Except his girlfriend.

Who he knocked up.

They are both ugly.

They will have the ugliest baby ever.

EVER.

hahaha

this kid was the first-chair trombonist, too

and ugly as fuck

and had an ugly as fuck girlfriend

and nobody liked either of them

but he wasn't good and she didn't get pregnant

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    AgentBryantAgentBryant CTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    PA is the only state I've gone through were everyone didn't drive like a total asshole/retard so don't knock on it

AgentBryant on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Naggers.
    I really don't like being nagged, it's not a South Park reference

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    hahaha

this kid was the first-chair trombonist, too

and ugly as fuck

and had an ugly as fuck girlfriend

and nobody liked either of them

but he wasn't good and she didn't get pregnant
    Speaking of players that think they are good but actually suck, this freshmen tenor sax player is pretty damn annoying. She is quite good at tenor, but she wants to play alto for marching band next year.

There is an alto solo in one piece that she has been practicing for forever. She would die if she didn't get it. I plan on crushing her at the solo try outs, though. I half feel bad about it. I know she won't be happy. My other half is waiting patiently for the day when I can finally put her in her place.

I think one reason she thinks she is so good is because she is the favorite of the middle school band teacher. He had a favorite when I was in middle school too, but I was still better by far.

I must have rewritten that post 3 times. I kept rambling on and on.

edit: I know some people from PA. They are alright folks.

Speaking of New England, what the hell is up with that Moxy shit they drink up in Maine? They say it is great cold, but from what I tasted, even though it was warm, it tasted like utter shit.

Like some awful cold medicine.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    coldbird.coldbird. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    No, I don't speak Spanish.

coldbird. on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If you come to PA, stay the fuck away from Fulton county. There is nothing to do here at all. It's like a fun sinkhole.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The first chair alto sax in my band is a pretty cool kid. He's good and all, but he misses a lot of the football performances because he gets high and skateboards around town with his friends.

I just remembered that I hate skateboards because I can't master them. My older brother used to be amazing, now i have boards sitting around and all I can do is bust my ass real hard.

Graves on
  • Options
    IHasABucketIHasABucket Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If you come to Amish country in PA you can dodge horses and buggies and it's fun fun fun. Nothing like cruising around at 50 MPH, turning a corner, OH FUCK BUGGY GOING 10 MPH SLAM ON THE BRAKES SLAM ON THE BRAKES.

IHasABucket on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I hate instrument repair shops that have a school's only other tenor sax that I'm supposed to be playing, but we can't get in touch with them and they have had it since the beginning of the school year.

Fuck them.

That is why I am 2nd chair tenor sax playing alto and being default 3rd chair alto.

But I have a solo in our concert this Friday so all is well. I get to play some really high oboe cues.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Cyclists who neither go fast enough to keep up with traffic nor utilize the convenient bike path just to their right a few yards.

Being asked, after alerting other party to my having received my degree in English, how much I liked The DaVinci Code.

People who come with me or are already present in the dive bar I choose to frequent due to my shallow pockets and get pissed because of all the smoke and instead of asking politely to go somewhere else start coughing and drawing attention to themselves with wild hand flapping and general gesticulations.

Repeating myself; which is great seeing as how I am tongue-tied (no, really).

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I hate it when people come into my work and ask me to do something that is illegal, but then when I explain to them that it is illegal and I can't do it, they say "yeah we understand, but can you do it anyway?" and then get pissed when I say no.

cheshire on
    She was never meant to be a common creature
    Extraordinary takes time
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    cheshire wrote: »
    I hate it when people come into my work and ask me to do something that is illegal, but then when I explain to them that it is illegal and I can't do it, they say "yeah we understand, but can you do it anyway?" and then get pissed when I say no.

what do you do that people ask you to do illegal things?

Graves on
  • Options
    cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Graves wrote: »
    cheshire wrote: »

what do you do that people ask you to do illegal things?

I work in the towing industry and it is very strict on releashing cars to people. If you are not the registered owner of a vehicle, then you can't have it. So I get a lot of people that don't understand that even when I explain to them numerous times that is would be illegal for me to release a car to them. Then they are like "okay I get it, but give it to me anyway". I can't and then they yell at me. I have a bat to protect myself.

cheshire on
    She was never meant to be a common creature
    Extraordinary takes time