Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Carwhore Thread

CogliostroCogliostro Marginal OpinionsSpring, TXRegistered User regular
edited September 2007 in Social Entropy++
Okay, so yeah. It's been a while since we had one of these and since we have a camwhore thread, why not a carwhore one?

Mostly this is here because I just got a new car and want to show it off.

Just got it: 2001 Ford Focus LX. Traded my old 94 Dodge Dakota in for her. I'm currently entertaining custom license plate ideas. This is the first compact car I've ever owned (because I was always too fat to own one). It's basically everything I was looking for in a new/used car, it's even my favorite color. Sorry it's so dirty, I was at the lake yesterday and the roads were a little dusty due to lack of rain (which isn't a problem today, as you can see).
HPIM0556.jpg


So... show us your ride. And help me pick out a license plate. 6 letter maximum.

Cogliostro on
«13456726

Posts

  • LoserLoser Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    why wouldn't you want traction control on. unless you want to sit there spinning your tires.

  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Im gonna honk 3 times and then were gonna go.

  • ascotascot Registered User
    edited July 2007
    oh oh! I can totally post in this thread!

    vrrmmmmli3.jpg

    wheeeeee!

  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's a question of lower torque. Get better tires.

    japsig.jpg
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Loser wrote: »
    why wouldn't you want traction control on. unless you want to sit there spinning your tires.

    If its on, and you gun it, it brakes. You'll only spin the tires for a fraction of a second, and if its on, that fraction of a second is enough to brake the car for 3 seconds or so meaning you putter around while the guy next to you vrooms off.

  • DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    1999 Oldsmobile Alero GL Sedan

    12NEW_CAR_01-med.JPG
    12NEW_CAR_02-med.JPG

    Only options missing are leather seats and a sunroof. Has the 3.4L V6, which provides a lot more power than my previous car. Actually not 12 hours after rolling this car off the lot, I already had a photo radar ticket for doing 102KM/h in an 80KM/h zone. The engine is governed at an unfortunate 170KM/h. One of these days that will be corrected.

    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My old 900 SE Turbo's governor was at 125mph D:

    japsig.jpg
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This is also my work truck

    200_%20toyota_tundra_white_8_1.jpg

    The most fun truck ever to drive.

    DrMario1.jpg
    XBOX LIVE - VAULT BOY 42
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dude.. you live in a country where they govern your engines? that sucks ass.

  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Got myself a dark grey 2007 Nissan Altima with the 3.5L V6 engine. I really wish I didn't get leather seats though, because those things get so freaking hot during the summer, and I'm a sweaty pig. Pics coming, if I feel like moving my car out of the parking spot.

    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Decius wrote: »
    1999 Oldsmobile Alero GL Sedan

    12NEW_CAR_01-med.JPG
    12NEW_CAR_02-med.JPG

    Only options missing are leather seats and a sunroof. Has the 3.4L V6, which provides a lot more power than my previous car. Actually not 12 hours after rolling this car off the lot, I already had a photo radar ticket for doing 102KM/h in an 80KM/h zone. The engine is governed at an unfortunate 170KM/h. One of these days that will be corrected.
    Are you sure thats a GL sedan? Looking up the specs its a 2.4 v4.


    http://www.automotive.com/1999/101/oldsmobile/alero/gl-sedan/727/specifications/index.html

  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    Got myself a dark grey 2007 Nissan Altima with the 3.5L V6 engine. I really wish I didn't get leather seats though, because those things get so freaking hot during the summer, and I'm a sweaty pig. Pics coming, if I feel like moving my car out of the parking spot.

    We have the same engine :)

  • The Far SideThe Far Side __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't even have my permit yet

    33aqfwk.jpg
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    Got myself a dark grey 2007 Nissan Altima with the 3.5L V6 engine. I really wish I didn't get leather seats though, because those things get so freaking hot during the summer, and I'm a sweaty pig. Pics coming, if I feel like moving my car out of the parking spot.

    We have the same engine :)

    Hi5 for unnecessary gas-guzzling luxuries! Worth it driving down I-95

    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    Got myself a dark grey 2007 Nissan Altima with the 3.5L V6 engine. I really wish I didn't get leather seats though, because those things get so freaking hot during the summer, and I'm a sweaty pig. Pics coming, if I feel like moving my car out of the parking spot.

    We have the same engine :)

    Hi5 for unnecessary gas-guzzling luxuries! Worth it driving down I-95

    Gotta love it.

  • LoserLoser Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    Loser wrote: »
    why wouldn't you want traction control on. unless you want to sit there spinning your tires.

    If its on, and you gun it, it brakes. You'll only spin the tires for a fraction of a second, and if its on, that fraction of a second is enough to brake the car for 3 seconds or so meaning you putter around while the guy next to you vrooms off.

    otherwise you'll just sit there spinning your tires not going anywhere...so i don't really see your point. traction control doesn't brake, it slows the wheels down until they get some grip and then you go, so if you gun it with it on, theoretically you're going as fast as possible because the computer knows how much power it can give the wheels before the lose grip and start spinning.

    explain to me how "fraction of a second" equals "3 seconds" and maybe i will understand your post a little more.

  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't even have my permit yet

    You're like 16 dude... do they have a different age for transexuals in your state or something?

  • DeciusDecius Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    Are you sure thats a GL sedan? Looking up the specs its a 2.4 v4.


    http://www.automotive.com/1999/101/oldsmobile/alero/gl-sedan/727/specifications/index.html

    The VIN comes up GL Sedan, and in that model year the GL came with either the 2.4 Ecotec or the 3.4 V6. The GX was the base model with the 2.4 only, and the GLS was the upper model. This got more confusing in newer model years when they introduced the GL1, GL2, etc.

    Could be a difference between the model names in Canada and the US too.

    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • ascotascot Registered User
    edited July 2007
    wait

    should I have blanked out my registration plate?

    What are you going to do, INSURANCE QUOTES?

  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ascot wrote: »
    wait

    should I have blanked out my registration plate?

    What are you going to do, INSURANCE QUOTES?

    I thought those were fake toy license plates. I mean, where's the state name?!?!?

    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • ascotascot Registered User
    edited July 2007
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There's only one state in England.


    And that's Frumpy.

  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Graduation present.



    lexy2.jpg

    Thanks for rubbing your ridiculous wealth in our faces. Your car cost 8 times more than mine. I bet I get better gas mileage though.

    teg1.jpg

    teg2.jpg

    sierracrest.jpg
  • ascotascot Registered User
    edited July 2007
    There is also the state of shut up

    :3

  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Thanks for rubbing your ridiculous wealth in our faces. Your car cost 8 times more than mine. I bet I get better gas mileage though.

    teg1.jpg

    teg2.jpg

    Dude, driving around with blank license plates is a pretty surefire way of getting pulled over.

  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Loser wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    Loser wrote: »
    why wouldn't you want traction control on. unless you want to sit there spinning your tires.

    If its on, and you gun it, it brakes. You'll only spin the tires for a fraction of a second, and if its on, that fraction of a second is enough to brake the car for 3 seconds or so meaning you putter around while the guy next to you vrooms off.

    otherwise you'll just sit there spinning your tires not going anywhere...so i don't really see your point. traction control doesn't brake, it slows the wheels down until they get some grip and then you go, so if you gun it with it on, theoretically you're going as fast as possible because the computer knows how much power it can give the wheels before the lose grip and start spinning.

    explain to me how "fraction of a second" equals "3 seconds" and maybe i will understand your post a little more.

    I don't think you quite got what I was saying.

    With traction control on or off, if I gun it and it will loose traction for a fraction of a second before regaining it.

    Heres the difference, when traction control is on, it automatically applies the brakes for a solid three seconds, decreasing my speed.

    With it off, I spin for a fraction of the second, and then gain traction.

    I think you're confused, my car is 300 rwhp. Scarlets is about 235 with a turbo, which means lower torque, which means even less of a chance to spin the tires out for several seconds at a time. My car can't even do that.

    Traction control is for when your car is spinning, or loosing traction due to driving to fast and losing control, thats why it applies the brakes, it can't tell the difference between loosing control of the vehicle, and simply giving it too much gas at the start.

    So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

    I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

    As it stands, it's not possible.

  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Dude, driving around with blank license plates is a pretty surefire way of getting pulled over.

    I always carry a roll of benjamins to pay off the cops.

    sierracrest.jpg
  • LoserLoser Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    Loser wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    Loser wrote: »
    why wouldn't you want traction control on. unless you want to sit there spinning your tires.

    If its on, and you gun it, it brakes. You'll only spin the tires for a fraction of a second, and if its on, that fraction of a second is enough to brake the car for 3 seconds or so meaning you putter around while the guy next to you vrooms off.

    otherwise you'll just sit there spinning your tires not going anywhere...so i don't really see your point. traction control doesn't brake, it slows the wheels down until they get some grip and then you go, so if you gun it with it on, theoretically you're going as fast as possible because the computer knows how much power it can give the wheels before the lose grip and start spinning.

    explain to me how "fraction of a second" equals "3 seconds" and maybe i will understand your post a little more.

    I don't think you quite got what I was saying.

    With traction control on or off, if I gun it and it will loose traction for a fraction of a second before regaining it.

    Heres the difference, when traction control is on, it automatically applies the brakes for a solid three seconds, decreasing my speed.

    With it off, I spin for a fraction of the second, and then gain traction.

    I think you're confused, my car is 300 rwhp. Scarlets is about 235 with a turbo, which means lower torque, which means even less of a chance to spin the tires out for several seconds at a time. My car can't even do that.

    Traction control is for when your car is spinning, or loosing traction due to driving to fast and losing control, thats why it applies the brakes, it can't tell the difference between loosing control of the vehicle, and simply giving it too much gas at the start.

    So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

    I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

    As it stands, it's not possible.

    yeah i'd agree that your traction control is not the same as my 200 hp fwd traction control. with it on or off, i spin the tires for a split second and then i'm gone, the only time it acts different is when i'm driving in the snow.

  • tech_huntertech_hunter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    2005 VW beetle

    Spoilered for bigness
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

    I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

    As it stands, it's not possible.

    I'm pretty sure you can smoke the crap out of your tires with 300 hp.

    sierracrest.jpg
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    how1204_outhouse485x330.jpg

    no srlsly

    mustang.jpg

    but really the first one

  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Loser wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    Loser wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    Loser wrote: »
    why wouldn't you want traction control on. unless you want to sit there spinning your tires.

    If its on, and you gun it, it brakes. You'll only spin the tires for a fraction of a second, and if its on, that fraction of a second is enough to brake the car for 3 seconds or so meaning you putter around while the guy next to you vrooms off.

    otherwise you'll just sit there spinning your tires not going anywhere...so i don't really see your point. traction control doesn't brake, it slows the wheels down until they get some grip and then you go, so if you gun it with it on, theoretically you're going as fast as possible because the computer knows how much power it can give the wheels before the lose grip and start spinning.

    explain to me how "fraction of a second" equals "3 seconds" and maybe i will understand your post a little more.

    I don't think you quite got what I was saying.

    With traction control on or off, if I gun it and it will loose traction for a fraction of a second before regaining it.

    Heres the difference, when traction control is on, it automatically applies the brakes for a solid three seconds, decreasing my speed.

    With it off, I spin for a fraction of the second, and then gain traction.

    I think you're confused, my car is 300 rwhp. Scarlets is about 235 with a turbo, which means lower torque, which means even less of a chance to spin the tires out for several seconds at a time. My car can't even do that.

    Traction control is for when your car is spinning, or loosing traction due to driving to fast and losing control, thats why it applies the brakes, it can't tell the difference between loosing control of the vehicle, and simply giving it too much gas at the start.

    So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

    I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

    As it stands, it's not possible.

    yeah i'd agree that your traction control is not the same as my 200 hp fwd traction control. with it on or off, i spin the tires for a split second and then i'm gone, the only time it acts different is when i'm driving in the snow.

    See theres the difference, I used to drive a GLi, another FWD. And I would get wheel hop.

    It's not the same as spinning the tires because the tires actually hop up a little bit. May be different in your car, but my car would actually bounce along for a few seconds.

  • ascotascot Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Tech_Hunter, you're a girl, right?

  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

    I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

    As it stands, it's not possible.

    I'm pretty sure you can smoke the crap out of your tires with 300 hp.

    Not really, my car is too heavy to not weigh the back down.

    Put the same engine in my old 240sx and yes, it would have smoked the tires, but this car is actually quite heavy.

  • LoserLoser Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    See theres the difference, I used to drive a GLi, another FWD. And I would get wheel hop.

    It's not the same as spinning the tires because the tires actually hop up a little bit. May be different in your car, but my car would actually bounce along for a few seconds.

    i don't know why you would be hopping your wheels with a fwd car. sounds like it needs more ram.

  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I drive one of these
    98_subaru_impreza_l_coupe.jpg

    But I really wanna get one of these
    Harley_Davidson.jpg

    regular%20sig.png
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

    I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

    As it stands, it's not possible.

    I'm pretty sure you can smoke the crap out of your tires with 300 hp.

    Not really, my car is too heavy to not weigh the back down.

    Put the same engine in my old 240sx and yes, it would have smoked the tires, but this car is actually quite heavy.

    You may move over to the fatty thread then. 3500 lbs, what the fuck.

    sierracrest.jpg
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    My name is Rank, and I declare this thread gay.

  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Filler wrote: »
    So in conclusion, even with it off, theres no way our cars will sit there spinning there tires.

    I'd need to upgrade my car to a turbo setup for 500 rwhp, or twin turbo for 700.

    As it stands, it's not possible.

    I'm pretty sure you can smoke the crap out of your tires with 300 hp.

    Not really, my car is too heavy to not weigh the back down.

    Put the same engine in my old 240sx and yes, it would have smoked the tires, but this car is actually quite heavy.

    You may move over to the fatty thread then. 3500 lbs, what the fuck.

    Pssh, it would prove that thread wrong, no beautiful fat asians? My cars asian, aint it?

    Course it's not fat, just heavy.

    I cant spell for fuck

«13456726
Sign In or Register to comment.