As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What did one snowman say to the other snowman? (LOST hiatus thread)

DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad TouchYour local playgroundRegistered User regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
It smells like carrots

This is the thread where we talk about LOST.

Everything from gripes to hopes to theories.

Let's get this shit rolling.

I believe Desmond is a center for something big that will happen.

Why did Boone die? As Locke himself said, "Boone was a sacrifice the island demanded" His death lead an already unstable Locke to eventually save Desmond's life.
Why did Desmond start having flashes of Charlie's death? Charlie living led to him disabling the Looking Glass, but also, once again saved Desmond's life.

In the 4th season, we damn well better get some Locke-centered island-based episodes.

batsig.jpg
Dislexic on

• Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    You just had to post that joke again because you think nobody has seen it in that WoW thread yesterday, right?

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No, actually when I posted it, I thought "hey, that'd make a good lost thread title"

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    and it isn't a joke, it's a coded answer/response.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LOST is great, but 90% of the theories people have are utterly retarded.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i don't get season three dvds until december

that's some bullshit

mrpaku on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I barely watched any of season two, and plunged right into season three 'til the very end. Should I bother watching two?

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    superslothsupersloth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Season 2 was pretty good, but you'll be missing out on a lot of the mystery that makes the show worth watching if you're already ahead. so you know, flip a coin or something.

supersloth on
    elsupersloth.jpg
    muh.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You should totally watch season 2. I mean, granted it's still got Michael and Ana Lucia in it, but hey, at least it's got Eko and Locke big time.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They fucked on the boat.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't really like Lost.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    CrazyhunCrazyhun Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I hate Lost, but I keep going back to it like an abusive lover.

ANSWER JUST ONE FUCKING QUESTION, LOST. JUST ONE FUCKING QUESTION.

Crazyhun on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    IT WAS DEBRIS

Brolo on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I went to see the play "Frost/Nixon" on Broadway, and there's this real beautiful actress in it. I kept thinking to myself, "She looks so familiar." Then it hit me: she's Penelope!

Totally hotter in real life, too.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DefunkerDefunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just bought the entirety of Season 3 off of iTunes.

Here's hoping the quality isn't shit.

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VulnoXVulnoX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't wait for the next season, I think the way they just ended the last season and the few episodes they had before the finale makes it seem like now that they have a definite end date in mind, they are trying again.

Also, that movie by J.J. Abrams that is previewed before Transformers (at least when I saw it), looks sweet, even though they don't show anything.

...just like lost.

VulnoX on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i'm pretty dissapointed that we won't get to see jack die

mrpaku on
  • Options
    ShenanigansShenanigans Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I watched through the entire first and second season again with my friend who had never seen the show.

In the first season, John's shenanigans concerned me more than it had previously. I never noticed how guarded and secretive he was which means the fucker has got secrets.

In the episode 'Walkabout' when they are being chased by the smoke, a first person view from the smoke looms over the trees and looks at John who is looking back in terror. From that point on, Locke always seems to have an agenda. He says "I've seen into the eye of this island, and what I saw is beautiful". He talks in terms of things he's doing as things he "has to" or is "supposed to" do. If you watch through the season again you'll notice that a lot.

I believe that the smoke is a manifestation of Jacob and straight up communicated with Locke to get him to do something important.

Also, the smoke stopped communicating with him in season two while he was in the hatch. My theory on this is that Jacob wanted to communicate with him but could never get him alone. Also, Ben knew that Jacob was communicating with him and wanted to spite him by convincing Locke to let the hatch blow up.

As soon as he gets out of the exploded hatch, he starts having agendas again.

Also, in the first season, you'll notice that Locke know how to do a lot of fucked up stuff (hunt, predict the weather, throw knives, build trebuchets). At one point someone asks hims how where he learned all to do that stuff and we responds "Weebalos" which is a form of scouts. But before he says that he takes a contemplative pause which leads me to beleive that he's lying. And that his past holds some sort of wacky secret we don't even know about yet.

Edit: Also it is known that Locke trusts the smoke. When it's pulling him away, Locke tells Jack to let him go and that he'll be okay. I think Jacob was trying to seperate John from the rest of his group permanently. Jacob's communication with Locke may have something to do with Jacob's distress over what Ben and the Others are doing.

Shenanigans on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    i'm pretty dissapointed that we won't get to see jack die
    Whoa now, hey now.

That's still totally possible.
    Just not on the island

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    shenanigans i like your ideas

i also got a weird vibe off locke after rewatching everything, especially the whole him knocking out sayid to keep him from finding the signal thing

cool of a character as he is he spends a lot of his time dicking over the other survivors to one end or another

mrpaku on
  • Options
    CrazyhunCrazyhun Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just remembered something. If you haven’t seen season three for the love of all that is holy don’t click these spoiler tags.

When Jack is in the hospital all wacked out on oxy and gets confronted by the chief of surgery, Jack tells him to find his father, and if he’s half as drunk as him he can be kicked out. As we all know Jack’s father died before he got to the island (but was walking around anyway afterwards, in one of those infuriating plot threads that were never closed).

So…wtf? Is Jack dead? Did his father come back to life? Was he just rambling because he was high as a kite? The chief didn’t seem phased by his comment, so I don’t know what to make of it.

Crazyhun on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Crazyhun wrote: »
    I just remembered something. If you haven’t seen season three for the love of all that is holy don’t click these spoiler tags.

When Jack is in the hospital all wacked out on oxy and gets confronted by the chief of surgery, Jack tells him to find his father, and if he’s half as drunk as him he can be kicked out. As we all know Jack’s father died before he got to the island (but was walking around anyway afterwards, in one of those infuriating plot threads that were never closed).

So…wtf? Is Jack dead? Did his father come back to life? Was he just rambling because he was high as a kite? The chief didn’t seem phased by his comment, so I don’t know what to make of it.
    duh

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    No way! :shock:

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Crazyhun wrote: »

Asked and answered.
    Prevailing theory is that the new Chief looks puzzled when Jack says that, because Jack's dad is dead and everyone knows it. Jack is just a crazy junkie.

Could there be more to it? Yes. Is there any reason to think there is more to it? Not really, besides the fact that there's always a twist or turn somewhere in this series.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Jack's dad is dead. The manifestation of him walking around is just the same as the horse, or Walt, or any of the other shit they've seen that isn't there.

Jack was fucked on Oxy and that whole scene was just a red herring to throw us off.

Shenanigans on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Question:

Was Dave in Hurley's head or was it another manifestation made by Jacob/black smoke to convince Hurley to kill himself?

My guess is in Hurley's head but still.

Shenanigans on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm really hoping that
    the rest of the series takes place off the island, and the flashbacks actually go back to the events that happened on the island. Then they can tell the island stuff out of order and mix it up a lot more. Also it will help keep the mystery of the show since we already know they get off.

supersloth on
    elsupersloth.jpg
    muh.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i sort of hope if they're going to continue showing
    off island flash-forwards
    , they keep it to a serious minimum

like, maybe one or two a season until the show ends

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    supersloth wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that
    the rest of the series takes place off the island, and the flashbacks actually go back to the events that happened on the island. Then they can tell the island stuff out of order and mix it up a lot more. Also it will help keep the mystery of the show since we already know they get off.

we don't know shit, except that Jack and Kate are off the island at some point in some universe where jack has some beard

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that

we don't know shit, except that Jack and Kate are off the island at some point in some universe where jack has some beard

i don't really think that invalidates what i'm saying. i just think it would be a neat way for them tell the story considering the format of the show so far.

supersloth on
    elsupersloth.jpg
    muh.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    vlcsnap-852391.png

Holly!

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm really hoping that

There are going to be flashbacks and flashforwards next season, so it's just one more element added to the mix. There's going to be a big jumble of three timelines.

As for Dave and Hurley's relationship, I think he WAS in Hurley's head, as his way of dealing with the overwhelming stress (first the death of the two people on the dock or whatever) then he was a manifestation of the island.

I'm starting to think that there are two main forces on the island and that the people who come to the island by "accident" are just caught up in it. These two forces are the Island and the Others. The Island is more or less in control of the Cerberus system, while Jacob is more or less a part (perhaps the embodiment) of the Island. However, the Others, having captured Jacob, can partially control the powers of the Island for their own purposes.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    vlcsnap-8716676.png

Where'd you get the table?

Don't you recognize it? It fell outta the purple haze when the hatch went blamo.

vlcsnap-8715885.png

We don't play every 108 minutes, the island's gonna

vlcsnap-8717435.png

EXPLODE!

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    didnt the guy who made lost also make Felicity

that show was pretty regular wasnt it
    just some college aged romance drama or something
    i didnt see a whole lot of it but it seemed alright

unfortunately i didnt see the ending either
    so i read up on how it ends and apparently the ending is more ridiculous than the entirety of lost
    partly because the show was normal until then
    partly because it is just a straight up ridiculous ending to anything

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh god season 4 isn't until Febuary

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Rolo wrote: »
    IT WAS DEBRIS

It's not debris god damnit.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    is this about the thing in the pilot?

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Also, I'm thinking Ben isn't wanted by the Island. Is it just a coincidence that all the pregnant women die like Ben's mother? All the Others want a change.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that

udontknowme.gif

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Uh, math.

Green on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular