As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bitch about your coworkers (or people you know) here

STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
Yeah, it's a Bad Coworker thread, where you bitch about your coworkers

I just got moved to another department so I don't have to work with this guy anymore, but this guy was a crotchety, racist old guy who never did any work and always bitched about prices.

Some highlights include:

Him saying, in a dead serious manner, that I should not work so hard because I did more work than he did and it made him look bad in our managers eyes

Him bitching about prices on EVERYTHING that we price

Him going up right next to me and going "you know... (insert obviously racist comment), but i'm not a racist".

YES. YES YOU FUCKING ARE! YOU MAKE RACIST COMMENTS, YOU ARE A FUCKING RACIST!

God I am SO glad I don't have to work with him anymore. My new coworker is cool, I am glad to say.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on

• Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    One of my co-workers makes boring threads all of the time.

It is also a bad feeling to be the most valuable employee at a store just by showing up. Not by working hard or giving a damn, but because everyone else is such a useless turd, you end up looking like the Michael Jordan of menial retail work.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Geebs61Geebs61 Ruiner PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My supervisor wears shirts with cats on them.

Thursday she was wearing one that had a kitten dressed in a cowboy hat and boots, holding a guitar.

Underneath it proclaimed "Country Meowsic!"

Geebs61 on
  • Options
    gruggrug Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    that's so awesome

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    the only reason i keep my job in fast food is because they dont give a shit if i only work once every few weeks or take a break for a few months

and this year ive basically worked the same shift every time so i see pretty much the same people every time i work and they are decent people

except there is this new manager who seemed like a complete asshole at first but i think i impressed him by making a good burger and after working with him for a while he seems okay but a bit more of a tightass than the manager i usually get, who couldnt really give a shit about what we do as long as there is enough food

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    SamuelSamuel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a crush on literally all of my coworkers.

All the people I work with now are pretty great, but there was this one girl that quit a few months ago that was a total psycho.

Like one time, there was some questionable cake that she wanted me to taste to make sure it was alright, but I was obviously busy with something else so I was just like, "not right now sorry, why don't you try it".

So she screamed, in front of about 5 customers, "GOD SAM WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SUCH A FUCKING DRAMA WITH YOU ALL THE TIME", which didn't even make any sense.

I also later found out she frequently took pleasure in making another girl that works there cry.

I'm so glad that cunt left.

Samuel on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The only two co-workers that I have problems with are being fired sometime this week so, hey! No problems at work.

Shorty on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2007
    the other week i was on a ward and this miserable little toad of a ward assistant from the ward opposite kept coming over and telling me i was doing everything wrong because it wasn't "how it says in the regulations" (whereas in fact, it was absolutely by trust policy but not how they do it on that particular ward)

i don't know how much stuff she got done herself on her ward, but she must've spent a good hour on my ward nitpicking everything i was doing

bongi on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2007
    i tried doing the other half of the job and you know i prefer cleaning sinks to that

at least you know where you are with cleaning sinks and floors, and can spend time out to talk to the patients

with the other half of the job you basically have to fill in like a million forms in order to get anything done, and spend most of your time doing nothing until lunch hour when you are working like a blue arsed fly and then after lunch you're back to filling in forms and doing nothing else

and besides which i only have like a month and a half of work left (going to finish at the end of august to go to uni in early september) so there's not really any point in getting a new job

bongi on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My job requires no paperwork whatsoever and that is a singular joy for me.

Shorty on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I had a co-worker who would not shut up about Quake.

Everything he saw or did he would compare it to Quake. We had to model up a minesite and we had some vehicles on screen. "That looks just like a vehicle in Quake!"

Reference photographs of a minesite. "There's this level in..." "In Quake?" "Yeah, in this level, there's..."

Then there was the time we had to model up a miniature helicopter.
    "You know what a helicopter can do that a plane cant?"
    I wondered if I should say anything, or just pretend not to hear him. Of course, he answered without any of us saying a thing.
    "A plane can only travel in three dimensions, but a helicopter can travel in any direction!"

:cry:

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2007
    nor does mine, because they even took away my timesheet

oh also this head nurse the other day phoned down and complained to the main team about me and this other girl on the ward even though all the stuff she claimed was categorically untrue

she said that we'd had an hour and a half lunch break, which was complete nonsense (we'd had half an hour)
    she said that we'd skived off the ward half an hour (when in fact we'd gone to get cleaning equipment for the barrier room clean that she asked us to do)
    she said that we hadn't gotten anything done in the morning (even though i'd done all of the toilets on the ward and most of the bays, and in fact had received compliments from a couple of the patients about how clean it looked after i'd finished)

we told our supervisor that the nurse had made it all up and she was all "yes she told me but i've seen you working all day so i ignored her"

bongi on
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Then there was the time we had to model up a miniature helicopter.
    "You know what a helicopter can do that a plane cant?"
    I wondered if I should say anything, or just pretend not to hear him. Of course, he answered without any of us saying a thing.
    "A plane can only travel in three dimensions, but a helicopter can travel in any direction!"

:cry:

Baaaaaahahahaha

Also I have a pretty rad job and the only beef I have with coworkers is that two of them are really chatty and are of the rumor mill type. Otherwise, rad.

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my job is paperwork. Data entry for a freight haulage company.
    I have too many general frustrations that i could rage on about here, and generally most of my coworkers are alright, apart from the two owners. Siblings, no less, which results in a lot of arguments and one-upmanship between them. That, and they don't care what it is you're doing, or how important it is that you do it, if they want you to do something else, it's suddenly the top priority.
    I can be sat with a stack of paper in front of me to get keyed in, then one will come in and grab another few jobs, slap them down in front of me and say "just get this one done first, thanks". So i oblige, do so, and the resultant labels (all-important) will sit around for ages. Then once i'm done with that, the other will come in and say "have you got those labels for this other job?", to which i have to say "no, i was about to, but i was told to do this one first".

"well, just get that done next"

*stab*

and Orange.. wow, you have time-travelling helicopters? Do you work for Sony?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My coworkers are all pretty rad.

Except for this one manager, who is a total idiot.

But everyone else, rad.

Also, FUCK FUCK FUCK schedule conflicts getting in the way of great photo opportunities. :?

Sheri on
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sheri wrote: »

But everyone else, rad.

Also, FUCK FUCK FUCK schedule conflicts getting in the way of great photo opportunities. :?

I imagine you sitting down, waiting for a deer to poke its head up from a bush and a giant schedule walking in front of your camera at the last moment.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »

But everyone else, rad.

I imagine you sitting down, waiting for a deer to poke its head up from a bush and a giant schedule walking in front of your camera at the last moment.

That's just silly.

Sheri on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    All my co-workers are cool. Its a small group of 4 people, but we are like the top dogs controlled by the VP.

Though there is another co-worker not in our group that makes prank call on me by calling me and then transfering me to another person to make us both confused. However I had a talk with his senior manager so lets see if he stops.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You also let out a girlish shriek, startling the deer away

Then the schedule turns around and says "Whaaaaat?"

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    All my co-workers are cool. Its a small group of 4 people, but we are like the top dogs controlled by the VP.

Though there is another co-worker not in our group that makes prank call on me by calling me and then transfering me to another person to make us both confused. However I had a talk with his senior manager so lets see if he stops.

You're the guy on the other side of these threads, K_A.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I mean, the reason I can't go take awesome photos is because I'm going to see an awesome concert

But why are so many things on a damn Wednesday, I ask you?

Sheri on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    All the interns at my job are pretty cool except these 2 chicks (2/40 so those odds are good).

One girl goes to school with me so I've known about her crap for years. She literally sucks up to everyone all the time. Like its fine to be helpful, but she'll literally kiss everyone's ass in a room just to look good. One day this summer we did community service projects for most of the day (8am-2pm). We were told to just go home after the project, seeing as by the time we had gotten cleaned off and back to the office, it'd be 4pm. Mind you this was the Friday after 4th of July so the office was literally dead. This girl decides to go back and when she gets there tells the HR lady "none of the other interns wanted to come back. what work should i do?" Fortunately the HR lady is cool and told her that it was pointless to show up and sent her home. Also, most of the senior managers, interns, and a few partners can see the ass kissing and don't really like her.

The other girl goes to Notre Dame and makes it a point to remind us about it everyday.
    "Oh at ND we do it like this. You do stuff like that at Iowa? Thats dumb. At ND..."
    "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

One day at lunch she was talking about how ND really got her ready for this internship so I was like "umm, a majority of us go to state schools and had no problem getting this job. ND is a good school but it won't guarantee you a position." She didn't like that. Weirdly enough, she's actually kind of cool when she's out drinking with us

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man, my work situation is nightmarish.

One of the fellow female interns is this flirtatious blonde. She flirts with us, me and one of the other guys flirt back, we tease her, so forth. About a week ago our supervisor calls us into his office and gives us each (in turn) a quick lecture on how our behavior could constitute sexual harassment. The man is the most uncomfortable fucker ever so it was especially awkward. It also hit us both out of nowhere. So this girl made some kind of complaint and then continues flirting with us even after we get reprimanded. Eventually someone pointed out to our supervisor that she was doing the same thing that we did and she got talked to as well.

Now it's wicked fucking awkward at my job.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    my coworkers are awesome because they are all young

Zoolander on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gafoto your supervisor sounds like a man who needs a good lay

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    My supervisor is a man who is just barely over 5 feet tall, never speaks over 20 decibels (even in meetings), owns 11 cars and motorcycles and has lunches every day that consist of half an avocado, a strip of bacon and carrot sticks.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    gafoto just grab her breasts and be done with it

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zoolander wrote: »
    my coworkers are awesome because they are all young
    same here except for like managers, they're all old but they still kick ass.

which reminds me of my co-worker "Justin", I was saying something to him when I was ringing a customers items up, and then he was like "What?" and I corrected myself. After that there was a customer three feet away from him and he says in a very clear tone and decent range "Oh, I thought you said penis."

After the customer walked away I called him a dumbass.

Sanius on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    gafoto what do you use to get your sigs rotating

i had troubles

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I use:
    http://www.imagerotation.com/rotators.php

It still gets stuck because of the cache but it works fine for me. Also the hosting is third party so it's pretty good about not having downtime.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    one time when it was kinda busy at work someone ordered some special order thing that is a pain to make and i yelled out 'fuck' because i was annoyed and then realised that i was standing about 2 metres away from the customers and was only partially separated by a large toaster or something

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    that is useful thankyou

its funny you would think a search for 'image rotation' would spit that back at the top of the results but no the results you get are all bullshit

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The guy who got reprimanded with me cracks jokes all the time that the visitors shouldn't hear. We just don't care enough about our jobs though, especially after last week.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I was standing at a coworker's cube while he was answering a call, and he wrote down that the caller's name was 'Candy Terry.' After he got off the phone, I told him that 'Candy Terry' sounds like a made-up name, and suggested that the caller danced around a pole.

He laughed, but I think maybe I should stop saying stuff like that around the office.

Sheri on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    We recently had a new hire in our administrative office, cute girl about 26.

My coworkers in the warehouse came into my shipping office (there's a water cooler in there) and proceeded to discuss their plan to drug and date rape her.

I also work with Biggest Truck, who really isn't all that bad, just not particularly smart.

And then there's the douchebags.

Correction

Only one douchebag. One was laid off on Friday.

Whoop whoop!

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just got laid off on Friday, but one of my co-workers made me want to punch kittens.

She was like the Paris Hilton of my company. Not really cute at all, but because she's blond and has tits, she's the golden child.

Showed up to work a half and hour late every day. Hour long personal phone calls, long lunches, leaving work early to get her nails done or facials (not that kind) or whatever the fuck her rich ass was doing that week. She didn't even need this fucking job because her parents own a cranberry bog.

She frequently ran out of shit to do or didn't want to do her work, so she would wander around to peoples offices and talk to them, or talk on her cellphone. Meanwhile, I'm buried up to my neck in paperwork and cutting a million dollars work of checks every week to cover our expenses. Our company is in deep shit, so they were cutting people back.

She gets pulled into an office and told that she's safe. A luxury that people who have been with the company for 20 fucking years don't get.

I got the ax. Apparently I need to grow some tits.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh, and the one intern in my office who I don't like interviewed for and accepted a job two weeks into her internship and is going to be gone when I get there on Monday.

I mean, seriously, why did you apply for this internship if you knew you were going to interview for a managerial position right off the bat? Someone else could have had that job, you sloppy brown-nosing cunt.

Sheri on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shit, I'd fire you.

Your tits are terrible.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    she's sucking off your boss

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shit, I'd fire you.

Your tits are terrible.

I do have awful tits. I must admit that.

However, I wasn't really fired. My position was "being eliminated." This cockchugger is getting most of my old work.

Considering she whined for an hour about a papercut last week, this should be fucking glorious.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg