As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Murdoch buys the WSJ.

2»

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    And the downward plunge continues. At least American News is consistent these days.

shryke on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's the Aussies' fault. They made Murdoch.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Low KeyLow Key Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Murdoch is a nice guy. He just happens to want to take over the world. Give the guy a break.

Now his son, he's a wanker.

Low Key on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Low Key wrote: »

What does he do?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Gim wrote: »

What does he do?

He's just an arrogant quarter pounder of a guy. I mean, I'm not speaking from personal experience with the dude. I'm sure he's great when you get to know him. Otherwise, why would Russel Crowe be such good mates with him?

Low Key on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Murdoch is a nice guy. He just happens to want to take over the world. Give the guy a break.

I'll believe that. In interviews that I've seen of him, he seemed like a stand-up kinda guy. I heard some murmurings a little while ago that he kinda digs Hillary Clinton.

Also, his wife is totally hot. I think she's actually younger than one of his daughters.

:winky:

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

What does he do?

Wanks, I would presume.

This is rather sad news. I was considering picking up a copy in the near future, to expand my horizons. But, shit, Murdoch.

They fucking nuked the horizon.

Isn't there supposed to be some kind of anti-monopoly thing for this kind of thing, or does that only apply to Microsoft?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »

What does he do?
    Wanks, I would presume.

This is rather sad news. I was considering picking up a copy in the near future, to expand my horizons. But, shit, Murdoch.

They fucking nuked the horizon.

Isn't there supposed to be some kind of anti-monopoly thing for this kind of thing, or does that only apply to Microsoft?
    Whenever a company starts to approach the market share limit, the FCC raises the limit.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I'll believe that. In interviews that I've seen of him, he seemed like a stand-up kinda guy. I heard some murmurings a little while ago that he kinda digs Hillary Clinton.

Also, his wife is totally hot. I think she's actually younger than one of his daughters.

Also, his relationship with the Simpsons is awesome.

How can you not love a man who introduces himself with "I'm Rupert Murdoch, billionaire tyrant!"?

Low Key on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Whenever a company starts to approach the market share limit, the FCC raises the limit.

Wait. Is that the same FCC that censors things?

Is there no end to their evil?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    FTC. But let's not get it twisted, the FCC is filled with evil bastards that don't want you to have fun.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg