C'mon.

Why did I read this crap?

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Glyph wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks military service will someday become an optional/compulsory sentence for criminal offenders?

I take it that you and history have had only a casual acquaintance. The US courts have done that for years.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    pdk01 wrote: »
    Let's not forget gang members and white supremacists, too.

Well, they DO have 15,000 dead to replace.

well... more than that by a lot actually...

right?

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Am I the only one who thinks military service will someday become an optional/compulsory sentence for criminal offenders?

I take it that you and history have had only a casual acquaintance. The US courts have done that for years.

I was thinking on a larger scale, where all serious offenders get drafted and maximum security prisons are almost nonexistent. Anyway, if we're already doing it, why is it news that we've lowered the bar for felons?

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I was thinking on a larger scale, where all offenders get drafted and prisons no longer exist. Anyway, if we're already doing it, why is it news that we're now lowering the bar for felons?

Because it was never an official policy. But a lot of judges would offer first time offenders a choice - Army or jail.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    pdk01pdk01 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    redx wrote: »
    pdk01 wrote: »
    Let's not forget gang members and white supremacists, too.

Well, they DO have 15,000 dead to replace.

well... more than that by a lot actually...

right?

Well, I suppose theres a ton of wounded to replace too, but I really just felt like sniping at the OP.

pdk01 on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The article you link to from TBRnews was written by Brian Harring. I've tried to do more research into the author and the credibility of the report, and this is what I've found so far:

1) Peter Stahl, aka Gregory Douglas, aka Walter Storch wrote those articles, not anyone named Brian Harring. See supplied emails confirming this. I've never written for Pete/tbrnews. What I do write, is in my blog, my gentoo devspace (which holds my blog), and portage related docs. This is discounting email to mailing lists, but public mailing lists I typically sign my email, so question of what I have and have not wrote isn't hard to answer (if it's signed, it's me, if not, it's technically up in the air).

2) With that established, one must question why this is occuring- why hide behind the name? Why try to offer me money If there were actual proof, one wouldn't stretch this out for maximal new readers pulled in, they would scoop the story, then seed the actual proof. If you're attempting to bring truth to light, it's the best way to achieve it. If you're attempting to stir up contraversy but don't care to show your hand (bluffing or weak hand), the current method of dangling supposed proof is the most efficient method. This of course is my opinion, but that gained from knowing Pete for 5+ years. Besides, aparently I'm the author, so one might think I might be somewhat authorative on the matter ;)

Another person who's done a bit of digging into this mess:
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/5/4/15748/99064

An introduction into TBRnews.org

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/6/27/19225/9655

Would the real Brian Harring please stand up?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/7/12/18359/8939

Apparently TBRnews (written by Walter Storch aka Peter Stahl aka Gregory Douglas aka Brian Harring) is just using Harring's name.

Brolo on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So you're saying Brian Harring is just a... red herring?

Bum bum BUM!!

Tach on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Barnes_Review

Sourcewatch.org also comments on The Barnes Review, which is the originator of TBRnews.org, albeit under new managment:
    The Barnes Review is an anti-Semitic web site whose primary propaganda goal is disparagement of Jews and denial that the Nazi Holocaust ever occurred. The home page of the Barnes Review has included articles with titles such as "The Myth of the Six Million" and "Jewish History, Jewish Religion," which states, "When the Roman historian Tacitus pointed out 19 centuries ago that the Jews are unique among the races of man in their intense hatred and contempt for all races but their own, he was only repeating what many other scholars had discovered before him."
    "TBRNews.org is a website that says it "originally came from the Barnes Review" but is now "under different management." However, its website continues to offer links to websites that sell Nazi memorabilia and promote books by authors including British Holocaust denier David Irving."

Brolo on
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I trust the irony is not lost on anyone.

Glyph on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    See, guys? Perfectly reputable.

I hope you've all learned not to question Gold.

DesertBox on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ITT: We get linked to a hate site by an idiot.

Can a mod please lock this concentration of stupid now?

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    See the 12,000 unaccounted for soldiers were all children of the Jews that were supposed to have died during the Holocaust. Hence, why they were targeted so much by Al Qaeda and insurgents. This is also why their families cannot raise a ruckus about their unreported dead sons.

Yea

DesertBox on
  • Options
    pdk01pdk01 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Can a mod please lock this concentration camp of stupid now?

Godwinn'd and good night.

pdk01 on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Yeah I'm going to classify this as "debunked" and close it for the good of all involved.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Casket wrote: »
    Sensationalist bullshit thread. That site shows *one* dead, and it doesn't even look like a soldier. And then a picture of 50 coffins.

hahaha its great how pissed you are that you didn't get enough gore to satisfy your expectations :lol:

and when i say great i mean 'another data point in the massive set of evidence that you're a fucking psychopath'

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.