As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superbad

123457»

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I saw it late last week, and really enjoyed it. I think what resonated with me was how real the characters were, at least compared to most of the drivel I see (comedic and otherwise) that's supposed to be a reflection of how people act.

Was the
    "strip tease"
    part a little groan worthy, sure, but people that drunk really do and say things that in hindsight are just as mindbogglingly dumb or silly. Some of the lines involved with that whole bit were awkward, but in a "even if this hasn't happened to me, I'm sure I know someone it has happened to" way, rather than "this is a farce and people don't act or react like that" that I get when watching a character embarass themselves on most shows or films. Ending with
    her throwing up
    was excellent, simply again by being both funny and real (thankfully not something I've experienced, but I know a few people with similarly horrific tales).

Also, anything involving the cops and Mclovin was pure comedy gold. As much as I liked the main story, their side bits were probably my favourite parts of the film.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    God damn it, I can either go see this movie a third time, or go see Shoot 'Em Up. This is a surprisingly hard choice for me.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    God damn it, I can either go see this movie a third time, or go see Shoot 'Em Up. This is a surprisingly hard choice for me.

See Shoot 'Em Up. It's ridiculous and epic at the same time.

Sami on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh, I know, I desperately want to see SEU, but I go to the theaters once a week, and I can't decide between seeing it this week or next week or something else or what.

The girlfriend will decide for me when she gets home, but damn, it's a hard choice.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    MithrusMithrus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.

Mithrus on
    getwriters.jpg
    Send a pm my way if you're interested.