As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terribly Sad Stories

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Shorty wrote: »
    There are times when being emotionally stunted is a boon.

amen

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So I read up on some DUI facts and whatnot and found that apparently mouth alcohol, due to burping/hiccuping/and regurtation, will up the BAC reading.

I'm thinking about hiring a lawyer to use these in an attempt to maybe help with the license supension.

I am in no way trying to get my charges dropped.

I'd just prefer to get some professional help on my side that knows the laws better then I do.

Good idea? Or just say no contest while representing myself and hope for the best?

EDIT: Regurgitation and hiccuping are things I do when I'm drunk. I had terrible heart burn leading up to the arrest.

That and a lot of burping while I was driving.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Filler wrote: »
    So I read up on some DUI facts and whatnot and found that apparently mouth alcohol, due to burping/hiccuping/and regurtation, will up the BAC reading.

I'm thinking about hiring a lawyer to use these in an attempt to maybe help with the license supension.

I'd just prefer to get some professional help on my side that knows the laws better then I do.

Good idea? Or just say no contest while representing myself and hope for the best?

I don't think getting a lawyer is ever a bad idea.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I know.

I just feel weird, like I'm trying to not account for my actions.

Hence why I feel the need to stress that I'm not trying to get my charges dropped.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I know.

Hence why I feel the need to stress that I'm not trying to get my charges dropped.

with twice the legal limit... the burping had little to do with it.

A lawyer couldn't hurt, but in all honesty, it's probably money better spent on transportation for the next 6 months.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I once used chocolate milk instead of normal milk with a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles.

Worst decision of my young life.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    HalibutHalibut Passion Fish Swimming in obscurity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I know.

Generally, the Judge will not give you the maximum penalty (especially if you go to the court before the summons date expires), and if he does revoke your license, he will probably give you a temporary one if you work or go to school.

He will probably also tell you to go to AA for a couple of months. I don't mean to sound too preachy, but if he doesn't you might think about going anyway. If for no other reason than to see firsthand how alcohol can ruin a person's life.

Halibut on
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

EDIT: Regurgitation and hiccuping are things I do when I'm drunk. I had terrible heart burn leading up to the arrest.

That and a lot of burping while I was driving.

You should get a lawyer.... The judges will rip you in two without one, I guarantee it.

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    itt walnutmon

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Filler, why do you feel that you have to have the charges to be accountable? I assure you, after they are done with you, you will feel pretty god damn accountable. They aren't going to be like, "well buddy, it was your first one, so we'll let it slide, traffic court!", without a lawyer you will be fucked. With a lawyer. You will still be fucked. And don't let anyone convince you that it will be cheaper to not get a lawyer. They will fine the shit out of you. I know a lot of people with DUI's, they fucking suck. Don't drive after drinks for a really long time either, any cop that runs your plates for years will pull you over anytime after sunset.
    He will probably also tell you to go to AA for a couple of months. I don't mean to sound too preachy, but if he doesn't you might think about going anyway. If for no other reason than to see firsthand how alcohol can ruin a person's life.

That sounds pretty fucking preachy to me. Look at religion, and you can see how badly being preachy can ruin a persons life. Give me a few beers every night anytime.

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Halibut wrote: »
    I know.

Generally, the Judge will not give you the maximum penalty (especially if you go to the court before the summons date expires), and if he does revoke your license, he will probably give you a temporary one if you work or go to school.

It doesn't sound preachy at all.

I am planning on attending AA.

I don't think I'm an alcoholic, as I was explaining to my aunt, I can have one drink without deciding I need 5 more.

But I definitely think I'm on a track that will lead to alcoholism if I don't do something to snap me out of this 'I'm young and have tons of time to PARTY!' phase.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Filler that is disgustingly responsible of you.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Not responsible enough.

I wonder when the beat myself up stage will end though...

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Not responsible enough.

I wonder when the beat myself up stage will end though...

give yourself about a year.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    And now your eyes sing the sad sad song
    of how lived you so fast and died so young

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    JimmyJimmy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    My family is full of addicts. I learned awhile ago that I become addicted to things very quickly, and as such, I have to stop myself from doing things that I think could get me hooked. Smoking, Sex, Drugs, Video Games and gambling are all shit that I've been addicted to. Lacking self control can be a real bitch. I wish I could quit smoking...

Jimmy on
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Get off the internet Jimmy.

It will end you.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyJimmy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Get off the internet Jimmy.

It will end you.

If that is the case, together we will ride into the sunset.

Jimmy on
  • Options
    MenaceMenace regular
    edited August 2007
    the internet never sleeps

Menace on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    tomorrow never dies

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    dudeokay wrote: »
    tomorrow never dies

Tomorrow dies everyday.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    like some never ending wheeeeeel yeah

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My dad croaked... On Christmas Eve..

KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    WreckTechWreckTech Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tell me more.

WreckTech on
    I don't know what I'm doing.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Chimney incident?

Man thats one of the saddest stories I've ever read. Guy just wanted to be santa for his kids.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    WreckTech wrote: »
    Tell me more.

He died last Christmas Eve from complications of Gastric Bypass surgery. He wanted to find an easier way to losing weight besides just plain getting outside, walking and going to the gym (which he did a few times, but just stopped). In an ironic twist of fate, the hospital where he died had the gym where he (and me and my younger brother on occasion) went to.

The more I think about it, he pretty much introduced me to all my modern day hobbies (anime - showed me 'Akira' when I was in elementary school; video games - played games on his old Commodore 64; computers (more specifically IT) - self-explanatory)

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Right before the salt drop kicked in, my dog, whose two-year cancer fight was over, twisted her head around and looked me in the eyes. Then, when I tried to carry her out to the vet's car, I couldn't lift her body, even though I'd carried her before.

Only time I've cried since I was little.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Told my dad today.

Took him 3 phone calls and about 5 hours before he could tell me he loved me and wanted to make sure I was gonna be okay, but at least he arrived there.

Step one is down.

Now just about 40 more.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's a twelve step program, Filler.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Told my dad today.

Took him 3 phone calls and about 5 hours before he could tell me he loved me and wanted to make sure I was gonna be okay, but at least he arrived there.

Step one is down.

Now just about 40 more.

Told your dad what?

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Told my dad today.

Step one is down.

Now just about 40 more.

Told your dad what?

read up you faggot

tugga on
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Told my dad today.

Step one is down.

Now just about 40 more.

Told your dad what?
    He's finally coming out.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    wombatwombat __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay, let me try to explain Urian, and he does have a point here. While its all nice and good to say what we won't ever do, without being confronted by the issue its all kinda moot when you think about it. I mean, I can go and say that I'm never going to do something, but really, are you a fucking soothsayer? Can you tell the future? No, you can't, so lets stop dealing with concretes. Before we go ripping wombat a new one just because he said that he sometimes feels like hitting his girl, lets think about this for a minute. I might feel like stealing this CD from my cousin's car, or maybe I feel like fucking my friend's fiancee. Doesn't mean I will, because I classify these things as dishonorable. But maybe in three weeks I get struck by lightning and turn into an asshole. Who the fuck knows.

What then? Words are fucking wind.

I have felt like hitting a woman before. I can openly admit that. In my defense, I didn't actually hit her, despite her being dumb as fuck and insulting my sister which, had she been male, would have resulted in me breaking her fucking legs with a baseball bat.

wait what I didn't say that shit

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
    Vote for my film! (watching it is also an option)
    wii friend code: 7623 9955 2119 1775
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    wombat wrote: »
    Okay, let me try to explain Urian, and he does have a point here. While its all nice and good to say what we won't ever do, without being confronted by the issue its all kinda moot when you think about it. I mean, I can go and say that I'm never going to do something, but really, are you a fucking soothsayer? Can you tell the future? No, you can't, so lets stop dealing with concretes. Before we go ripping wombat a new one just because he said that he sometimes feels like hitting his girl, lets think about this for a minute. I might feel like stealing this CD from my cousin's car, or maybe I feel like fucking my friend's fiancee. Doesn't mean I will, because I classify these things as dishonorable. But maybe in three weeks I get struck by lightning and turn into an asshole. Who the fuck knows.

What then? Words are fucking wind.

I have felt like hitting a woman before. I can openly admit that. In my defense, I didn't actually hit her, despite her being dumb as fuck and insulting my sister which, had she been male, would have resulted in me breaking her fucking legs with a baseball bat.

wait what I didn't say that shit

Probably a spelling error.

Walnut is the woman beater.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey wombat.

Edit: There's another poster by the name of wombat. I think he has punctuation in his name.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    tugga wrote: »
    Told my dad today.

Step one is down.

Now just about 40 more.

Told your dad what?

read up you faggot

... I can't know what he's talking about if the post where he originally stated his unfortunate predicament has been edited, dumbass.

Removed for legal reasons.

KING LITERATE on
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    tugga wrote: »
    Told my dad today.

Step one is down.

Now just about 40 more.

Told your dad what?

read up you faggot

... I can't know what he's talking about if the post where he originally stated his unfortunate predicament has been edited, dumbass.

Removed for legal reasons.
    Well, I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with buttsex. Tee hee.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    UnKnown SoldierUnKnown Soldier Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What the fuck.. poor Kiwi.. Why didn't he just get a hang glider or something *cries*

UnKnown Soldier on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »
    Told my dad today.

Step one is down.

Now just about 40 more.

Told your dad what?
    He's finally coming out.

Gay as hell

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey wombat.

Edit: There's another poster by the name of wombat. I think he has punctuation in his name.

Hee hee.

But seriously, people should know this by now. I've been posting on the forums for a few years, SE a few months.

Also, one of the saddest things I've had happen to me was when my pet turtle Scooter ran away. I still think it was a conspiracy concaucted by my parents so they wouldnt have to take care of it when we forgot to feed it.

Wombat!! on